Did everyone get 2 emails from U2.com ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shutdown

The Fly
I was wondering if everyone received 2 emails about the upcoming tour presale ?

I received one saying I was a U2.com member who was unable to purchase tickets with their code and that I would be able to use my unused code to purchase tickets.

The other one said I was a Propaganda member who did buy tickets and I was having my previous presale code reset for the next presale.

Did everyone receive 2 ? Did some only receive 1 and if so, which one ?

Just want to know what is going on, because these two emails completely conflict with each other.

I only got one but I wasn't a Propaganda member, only a U2.com member. It said that I have an unused code so I could purchase ONE pair of tickets to any one show.

Yup. I got two e-mails as well. The first was "as a former Propaganda member". The second was "as a U2.com subscriber".

I really think the problem with the emails is the way u2.com has the members set up.

They send u2.com subscriber emails to everyone, (including former prop members), they also send out a different batch to former prop members.

For every single email I've received from u2.com (including the 1st presale), I get only 1 for my regular u2.com membership, and then I get 2 for my prop subscription, the first being identical to the non-prop email, and the second referencing the former prop membership bit.

ramblin rose said:
I really think the problem with the emails is the way u2.com has the members set up.

They send u2.com subscriber emails to everyone, (including former prop members), they also send out a different batch to former prop members.

For every single email I've received from u2.com (including the 1st presale), I get only 1 for my regular u2.com membership, and then I get 2 for my prop subscription, the first being identical to the non-prop email, and the second referencing the former prop membership bit.

What I'm confused about is that my U2.com email says I was a U2.com member that DID NOT use my code.

My Prop email says I am a Prop member that DID use my code.

I am wondering if everyone that received a U2.com member email had a message saying that they DID NOT use their code...AND If so, did these people also receive Prop emails saying that they DID use their code.

shutdown said:

What I'm confused about is that my U2.com email says I was a U2.com member that DID NOT use my code.

I am wondering if everyone that received a U2.com member email had a message saying that they DID NOT use their code...AND If so, did these people also receive Prop emails saying that they DID use their code.

That's exactly what I received.

shutdown said:

These are the exact same 2 emails that I received as well-- u2.com member who didn't use their code and Prop member who did use it.

It is confusing-- it seems like it's just poor wording on the first email to all u2.com members.

I was one of the few that TM called back & offered GAs to during the whole mess in the first presale. So I got tickets, but this time I received the standard U2.com member email (code unused, 2 tickets) and the Prop member email saying my code was unused and I can get 4 tickets (2 tickets to 2 shows). Evidently when TM called me they didn't consider that as using my code.

Last edited:
I think they are sending out emails to people who were former prop memebers and those u2.com members that still have not used their passcodes yet

neutral said:
Haven't gotten a single email yet.

Did you already "use" your code on the 1st leg????
If so...you "won't get" an e-mail regarding the "pre-sale of tix" on the 3rd leg.......
I guess we need to wait for the "general" sale for more "crappy" seats again!!!!!! Boy, us "1st-leggers" are getting some "harsh" treatment now, just because we managed to get seats the first time.... ( Even though the seats were "crap"...300 level...what a joke!!) We should all be ALLOWED the chance to get better seats now for the 3rd leg too.. It wasn't our fault that there was not enough tickets allocated for the pre-sale ( in the first place ).... and now it seems the "3rd-leggers"will get a "better opportunity" for GOOD seats... I guess us "1st-leggers" are out in the cold, again!! How UNFAIR is this!! Sorry...but still feel the need to vent!
:scream: :rant:

MsMofoGone said:
I guess we need to wait for the "general" sale for more "crappy" seats again!!!!!! Boy, us "1st-leggers" are getting some "harsh" treatment now, just because we managed to get seats the first time.... ( Even though the seats were "crap"...300 level...what a joke!!) We should all be ALLOWED the chance to get better seats now for the 3rd leg too.. It wasn't our fault that there was not enough tickets allocated for the pre-sale ( in the first place ).... and now it seems the "3rd-leggers"will get a "better opportunity" for GOOD seats... I guess us "1st-leggers" are out in the cold, again!! How UNFAIR is this!! Sorry...but still feel the need to vent!
:scream: :rant:

Obviously, since you posted the same rant in two different threads! It happened, it sucked, they apologized TWICE - one of those times on international television! They are trying to fix things for the 3rd leg. Let it go.

edited to add:

I got one e-mail BTW. Yes, I am one of those evil 3rd leggers that hung on to my code.

Last edited:
lmjhitman said:

Obviously, since you posted the same rant in two different threads! It happened, it sucked, they apologized TWICE - one of those times on international television! They are trying to fix things for the 3rd leg. Let it go.

Sorry... I can't let it go.... I still need to "vent" about this a little!!
Because even with the apology... I STILL have "crappy" seats...
so it doesn't seem fair to me, and others, who made this sacrifice
just because we wanted to go to their concert!!!

MsMofoGone said:

Sorry... I can't let it go.... I still need to "vent" about this a little!!
Because even with the apology... I STILL have "crappy" seats...
so it doesn't seem fair to me, and others, who made this sacrifice
just because we wanted to go to their concert!!!

Wow, get over it. YOU HAVE TICKETS. Be happy to be in the building.

Sheesh. Calm down and stop being so whiny.

Axver said:

Wow, get over it. YOU HAVE TICKETS. Be happy to be in the building.

Sheesh. Calm down and stop being so whiny.

First of all... I'm not whining!!! I'm depressed!! Cuz, I couldn't get "better" seats through the 1st pre-sale. I really thought
U2.com was going to "come through" for me and other fans too..

Second of all... Yeah, sure.."be happy to be in the building"....
(when all I'm gonna see is these "tiny ants" perform....)
Like I said before...Sorry!!! But I've been through the "lousy"
seats process before (at Elevation) and I'm not looking forward to it again this time, either!! I don't enjoy going to a concert and staring at the video screen all night...to me, that's not a concert!!
But I guess that's the price I'll pay for wanting to see them again.

I also got 2 emails but there is one major difference that hasn't been discussed. Here is the difference in the emails:

As a former Propaganda subscriber with an unused code, you will be able to use your code to buy 2 PAIRS OF TICKETS FOR TWO SHOWS OF YOUR CHOICE (4 tickets in total) in the pre-sale for the Fall leg.

As a U2.Com Subscriber with an unused code from the presale last time, this is to let you know that your unique code will enable you to buy A PAIR OF TICKETS for any one show for the Fall leg.

Now what does this mean; I can purchase 2 pairs of tickets or just 1? I'm guessing just one but this is a bit confusing. Anybody got this in their emails?

MsMofoGone said:

First of all... I'm not whining!!! I'm depressed!! Cuz, I couldn't get "better" seats through the 1st pre-sale. I really thought
U2.com was going to "come through" for me and other fans too..

Second of all... Yeah, sure.."be happy to be in the building"....
(when all I'm gonna see is these "tiny ants" perform....)
Like I said before...Sorry!!! But I've been through the "lousy"
seats process before (at Elevation) and I'm not looking forward to it again this time, either!! I don't enjoy going to a concert and staring at the video screen all night...to me, that's not a concert!!
But I guess that's the price I'll pay for wanting to see them again.

But U2 is about the MUSIC, not necessarily how well you can or cannot see BONO's facial hair. In addition, these 3rd leg shows are in Basket Ball Arena's! The vast majority of Europeans will be OVER 50 yards away from the stage in the football stadiums U2 is performing at through out Europe.

I've seen U2 from the very back of GIANTS STADIUM as well as being in the heart on the Elevation tour, and I enjoyed both shows because at the end of the day, its all about the MUSIC and live, U2 is able to effect the people at the back just as well as those at the front with their performance.

By the way, the distance you are from the stage at the back of a Basketball arena, would be considered a GOOD seat in a Football Stadium.

I got the exact same two emails as the original post. I did use my code for the first leg, but not according to one of the emails. I am not sure now if I can buy two tixs on Tuesday, and another two on Wednesday. I will buy two on Tuesday and see what happens on Wednesday. I am so nervous that I will get the first order cancelled, yet, don't want to be silly enough to give up the chance to go to another concert if the offer is on the level. Has anyone used their code twice and lost their initial tixs from the first order?

Last edited:
I only got the U2.com subscriber email for the unsued code and NOT the propaganda one. My problem is that I AM a former Propaganda member and used the discount code I received in the mail to purcahse my U2.com subscription with in early December. However, probably the main problem is the for some reason my order number with Fan Fire didn't import correctly so Fan Fire doesn't have me in their records as a U2.com subscriber and they never charged my credit card, but U2.com does and I have full access to the website and got a presale code and everything else except for the membership card/keychain and 25%off merchandise coupon which is on fanfire's end. I have been going back and forth with this with fanfire to no avail for a long time now although hopefully it was straightened out yesterday when I called them last. I call them and they are supposed to look for the info and get things straightend out and contact me but never do so I call them again and the whole thing starts again.

I emailed U2.com today under a couple topics and and as a long shot, ticketmaster about being a former propaganda member and not receiveing that email because I'm afraid they don't have me in thier system as one.

Anybody have any other suggestions as to what to try.

I just decided to only order the one set for original Prop members and not try to order another set from the second email. I just don't feel right about scoring on a mistake. Good luck to all in your quest for the greatest show on earth!

Val said:
I just decided to only order the one set for original Prop members and not try to order another set from the second email. I just don't feel right about scoring on a mistake. Good luck to all in your quest for the greatest show on earth!

Every prop member who didn't use their presale code is entitled to 2 pairs for 2 different shows. You should get the tickets you're due. (Forget the other email, that email was sent to every u2.com member who didn't use their code and since you're also a u2.com member you received that email also).

In fact, prop member who did use their code are being permitted to get another pair on this presale, resulting in them also getting 2 pairs for 2 shows.

Don't short change yourself.

I'm a former Prop member who hasn't gotten anything since all of this drama began. I eat breathe and shit U2 day in and day out and I am now scared to death that I might not even see this tour because I have no idea how to get in contact with someone to see how to straighten this shit out. :sad: I have no tickets, no idea how to get tickets at a normal price and am just sad in general.

HelloAngel said:
I'm a former Prop member who hasn't gotten anything since all of this drama began. I eat breathe and shit U2 day in and day out and I am now scared to death that I might not even see this tour because I have no idea how to get in contact with someone to see how to straighten this shit out. :sad: I have no tickets, no idea how to get tickets at a normal price and am just sad in general.

HelloAngel, you should ring Fanfire and speak to them about it.

I am a former Prop member and never recieved any e-mails...so I rang them tonight and spoke to a customer service guy, who checked a list of names they have of Prop subscribers (don't know who passed the info on to them) and he said I wasn't on the list.

I gave him my unique code off my card and an hour later received an e-mail telling me it had been sorted.

Now when I log on at U2.com my code is back.

The number I rang was international calls but the US toll free number is:- 1-800-615-1324.

Good luck and don't worry, the rumours are that the boys will be in Florida for at least 5 shows this year:wink:

Ramblin Rose...I did use my code for the first leg. That's why I decided to only take them up on the Propaganda offer for two tixs and not the second U2.com offer for another set. Am I being an idiot?

Hello Angel... I would offer you the u2.com offer for a chance to buy on Wednesday, but am afraid using the code twice when I should't have been offered too (their mistake) would mean a cancellation of my Tuesday order. Am I making any sense?

Thanks guys, you all are so sweet.

The thing is, I never joined U2.com because I never received my Prop letter to begin with for a discounted membership. I then began to read about your horror stories and was really put off by all of it. Then the ticket dramas happened. And then I got busy with my company, taxes and moving to NYC in a few months..

So here we are, and of course, murphy's law-willing, I am one of the many who don't have tickets. It's really sad.

Val said:
Ramblin Rose...I did use my code for the first leg. That's why I decided to only take them up on the Propaganda offer for two tixs and not the second U2.com offer for another set. Am I being an idiot?

Oh, I see. I thought you didn't use your code and had received the email telling you you were entitled to 2 pairs for 2 shows.

I'm pretty sure your code will be disabled once you buy your additional set.

I also received both emails but interpreted it to mean I would only be entitled to 1 additional pair. I'm pretty much disregarding the general u2.com subscriber email since I don't it means I would be entitled to another pair.

Hello Angel...I have a feeling you will get tixs. By the way, thanks for all your work on this site! It's really a great site to get info and make connections.. :wink:

I got two e-mails: one as a Prop member that didn't use a code, and the second as a u2.com member. The Prop e-mail says I can buy 2 shows, the u2.com e-mail says I can get one.

So, those of us with that pair of messages should be able to buy two shows during the presale -- but knowing the debacles of the first leg presales, is anyone at all worried that only the u2.com will get recognized, allowing us to only to buy 1 show rather than 2?

Back
Top Bottom