did anyone meet or see the band in boston?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

strwar718

The Fly
They went in and out so quick for show 1..curious if anyone had luck at show 2 or around the boston area?

adam, edge, and bono came out before the show on the 4th and signed autographs

I don't think larry did, but I guess he could have after I left

They came in very late before the first show, so we all saw them, but they didn't stop. I got good video footage of Bono riding in the front seat giving everyone the peace sign though.

SMB

Adam got out of his Town Car and was most gracious. He signed just about everything. Then, Edge came walking down the ramp from the arena. he did the same. Finally, Bono was parked a hundred yards or so from the ramp--and those of us gathered--in his Black Expedition. We all saw him, and finally when the time was right he pulled onto the ramp and got out to hold & kiss children, sign posters, shake hands. I got my ticket signed by all three of them--more on that later. These guys were SO gracious. They made me proud to be a fan.

Upon entering the arena a couple hours later, my ticket wouldn't scan. The autographs covered up the bar code.:sad:

No amount of trying to guess the 12-digit number did any good. I was stuck on the outside looking in, with a great souvenir and not much else. Well, I carefully stared at the digits I COULD read, and realized that only the last three digits were really covered by Bono's 'Bono.' So, the ticket guy and I worked and worked at the possible number combinations until--finally--the hand-held let me pass! I made it!

Chris in NH

NHChris said:

Upon entering the arena a couple hours later, my ticket wouldn't scan. The autographs covered up the bar code.:sad:

No amount of trying to guess the 12-digit number did any good. I was stuck on the outside looking in, with a great souvenir and not much else. Well, I carefully stared at the digits I COULD read, and realized that only the last three digits were really covered by Bono's 'Bono.' So, the ticket guy and I worked and worked at the possible number combinations until--finally--the hand-held let me pass! I made it!

Chris in NH

:lol: What a great story!

I'm glad you finally got in :yes:.

I'm so jealous of all the fans that got the meet and greet opp. on Tuesday. I was only in town for the Monday show, waited a couple hours, and they whizzed on by. :( Just my luck...

NHChris said:
Adam got out of his Town Car and was most gracious. He signed just about everything. Then, Edge came walking down the ramp from the arena. he did the same. Finally, Bono was parked a hundred yards or so from the ramp--and those of us gathered--in his Black Expedition. We all saw him, and finally when the time was right he pulled onto the ramp and got out to hold & kiss children, sign posters, shake hands. I got my ticket signed by all three of them--more on that later. These guys were SO gracious. They made me proud to be a fan.

Chris in NH
:ohmy: Were you in the "regular" GA line? I was in the U2.com line and I think I heard you telling people what happened! If that was you and it took a long time, I'm glad they let you go back to your spot in line. Boston's GA policies are so great.

Kariann and I met them before the show, too...last week in Minneapolis Bono signed a dark glossy photograph I took (see avatar) with a ballpoint pen, so I made sure I had a Sharpie for him this time...and he never gave it back. :laugh: I have issues with U2 and pens for some reason.

Kristie said:
oh I have a few pics
they're a little big so I put them on a web page to be nice to people with dial-up

http://pantheon.yale.edu/~kle6/U2.html

go there

and in the last one Bono is bowing, not checking out his toes.
I was there,you can see the back of my head in front of Adam.It was a great day,I loved when Bono took that bow,he's so cute.I got to get all their autographs.

Back
Top Bottom