Detroit II Setlist Watch and Party - Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
GLOOOOOOOOOOORIA!!!

Oh, and the Bono look-alike was Gabriel who was standing just to the right of Beth, who was standing next to April who was standing next to me...

Seriously... what an amazing 5 days...

Off to bed...

And April, do I get to keep you since you followed me home? :lol:

Oh, and browneyedgirl time to STOP spamming the thread...

Miroslava said:
GLOOOOOOOOOOORIA!!!

Oh, and the Bono look-alike was Gabriel who was standing just to the right of Beth, who was standing next to April who was standing next to me...

Seriously... what an amazing 5 days...

Off to bed...

And April, do I get to keep you since you followed me home? :lol:

Oh, and browneyedgirl time to STOP spamming the thread...

:lol:

Last brain fart of the trip, had to be a good one. :p

Nite, you crzy girl, you!

Shit that looks like an incredible encore (I don't think it's snoozable, I really want to hear WGRYWH and TFT and Crumbs and haven't yet! Plus BAD! And MLK....tribute to Rosa Parks....). I just got in tonight. Gorman, are you going to post this stream somewhere? I also haven't seen the other streams posted as mp3s but that might just be my newness to the sight/dumbness showing through.

i hope everyone had fun tonight. i can't believe i scored in the elipse. i was right infront of bono, one person back. so i walked by this gabriel fellow and what not. i can't get over the experience. it was my first time being so close. the only other time i was that close for a show was a bruce springsteen show.

i noticed the improv on "mlk" after "one" as well. i thought since the lights were down after bad they were going to come back out with forty since on my phone it was only 11:03 and monday night they played till 11:15...

i was proud of detroit. we hosted two u2 shows and the crowds were great. they might not have been a boston or a new york or an LA, but two practically filled houses and people were pumped. been a long time since detroit's had a good rock show!

sounds like a blast as always. I take it gabriel is gabrielvox here on interference?

Hopefully you girls will post more details tomorrow...

:wave:

Thank god, or it would have been

Yo! Yo! Yo! Yo! Yo! Yo! Yo! Yo! Yo! Yo!

Johnny! Johnny! Johnny! Johnny! Johnny! Johnny!

Bryan! Bryan! Bryan!Bryan! Bryan! Bryan!

The rest of the night!

:wink:

:kiss:

Congrats again Gabe. Sorry I didnt get to say bye to you and Mark last night. Security wouldnt let me get back the other way :mad:

damn, thats a hell of a setlist. great encore.

GLORIA and IWF, plus MLK snippeted. anyone know how long it was done for?

MLK was pretty much the whole thing, if not all of it! :faint:

Also, another thing that I am not sure got mentioned...

During Bullet, we got part of the original spoken refrain... "a man breathes into a saxophone"

I thought I was going to :combust:

And yes, hearing Gloria after spending 4 days doing the "2, 3, 4!!!" followed by the red rocks dance and claiming they'd have to do it for us as a shout out and then getting it was mind blowing. Of course we know it's just random, but still! :wink: And hon, it registered about Gloria with the first note. We flipped out right away while the people behind us wondered why in the hell we were hugging and screaming :shh:

LOL Miroslava you KNOW I wouldna done that!!

The funny part is I hated holding up a sign the other night, it kills my vibe, I just like to dance and scream. So either way you dont want to be standing in front of me LOL

Last night was totally unexpected, and wow what a show! I think U2 went to a new level for this leg, very energetic and the little extras were there for almost every song...

Miroslava said:
Thank god, or it would have been

Yo! Yo! Yo! Yo! Yo! Yo! Yo! Yo! Yo! Yo!

Johnny! Johnny! Johnny! Johnny! Johnny! Johnny!

Bryan! Bryan! Bryan!Bryan! Bryan! Bryan!

The rest of the night!

:kiss:

How sad is it that I know what that means??

MLK was basically the whole thing (short song that it is) - a beautiful tribute to Rosa Parks :heart:

I can't wait to hear the audio for what was said about Gabe - it was hard to catch it all but most of it was Bono playfully ripping on him :wink: Congrats again!

Lila64 said:
we didn't know how to describe it scotty, LOL.

Bigwali - you made it home quickly! Wow! Disregard my text messages, LOL

Yeah, only live a few miles from the Palace. Was so hyped, didn't even look at my phone until the next morning. They kept the lights off after Bad and we were hoping they would come back out for 40 but after a couple minutes they turned the lights on and that was it. A great, great show! Glad everything worked out with the streaming.

Miroslava said:
MLK was pretty much the whole thing, if not all of it! :faint:

Also, another thing that I am not sure got mentioned...

During Bullet, we got part of the original spoken refrain... "a man breathes into a saxophone"
:ohmy: That's awesome!!!! :rockon:

Back
Top Bottom