Detroit I Setlist Watch And Party, Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
its from an ireland late show.........they also performed a great version of AIWIY. A tribute to the families of the omagh bombing

MTEdge said:
I can't believe that U2 wrote this song during the POP sessions!

I think it was a bit earlier than that (though the POP sessions did run about three years... :wink: ). The first version with B, E and Christy Moore was an Ireland-only (I think) single in 1995.

10/24 Detroit Setlist
-------------------------------------------------------
City of Blinding Lights (unconfirmed)
Vertigo
Elevation
I Will Follow
Electric Company
I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For (In a Little While snippet)
Beautiful Day (possible snippet – couldn’t make it out)
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Love and Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky (Hands That Built America/Johnny Comes Marching Home snippets)
Miss Sarajevo
Pride

Pop Artist said:

I think it was a bit earlier than that (though the POP sessions did run about three years... :wink: ). The first version with B, E and Christy Moore was an Ireland-only (I think) single in 1995.

its on the outtakes too.........the working title was "take today"

Swan269 said:
its from an ireland late show.........they also performed a great version of AIWIY. A tribute to the families of the omagh bombing

I believe that's correct. Bono's voice, if memory serves, was failing miserably on the version of All I Want Is You so much so that The Edge did the "You's" that Bono now does live (think Slane Castle DVD and the recent MSG show).

bridonohue said:

disc looks good.

i've been listening to jimmy cliff for the last few days after having many rivers to cross stuck in my head.

Jools show is fantastic too. I love it. One of our Music Channels is replaying all his shows right from the beginning, the October 1993 show (which I consider the best ever to screen) tonight. :hyper:

Pop Artist said:

Wow, didn't know that!

MTEdge said:

I believe that's correct. Bono's voice, if memory serves, was failing miserably on the version of All I Want Is You so much so that The Edge did the "You's" that Bono now does live (think Slane Castle DVD and the recent MSG show).

you are correct

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom