Detroit I Setlist Watch And Party, Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zooropa1310 said:
Soooooooooooooooooo interferencers. Apart from your crack addiction, how has everyone's day been, the good, the bad?

all of the above :D

actually a good day - we had a code that went the way you want a code to go (the guy lived) and he was doing loads better when I left
hence the nice glass of wine right now - bubble bath later

timothius said:

The thing is, especially here, you are exposed to Americans accents so much by way of the media - that they sound entirely natural. The Australian accent is moving more towards American at a rapid rate.

South Africa Afrikaaner Girls (whom I don't think GG is one) have this aggrivating way of saying Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar. Like grating carrots. Wheras I've been conditioned to handle American accents - just.

I find I'm only conditioned to one variety of American accent, I think the Californian one (as my girlfriend's from there and I don't notice her accent), and even then not all the time, though bizarrely I often don't notice American accents in the media. However, when I was in the US, most people had very obvious accents to me. I tend to notice American accents more obviously in men than women too, unless they're from the southern states.

And I only ever knew one Afrikaaner girl, who I rarely spoke to.

Axver said:

War and UF ...? I know of the THBAO out-takes and an untitled instrumental from the UF sessions, but that's it ...

Yeah, besides the 14-THBAO versions, I've got a cd from a friend called "War & UF Demos" (I guess not really outtakes). Here's the tracklist:

Be There
Like A Song
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Surrender
Two Hearts Beat As One
Wire (NME dub mix)
Untitled Instrumental
Unforgettable Fire (Instrumental)
Love Comes Tumbling (alt vocal)
A Sort of Homecoming (live, different b-vox)
Wire

I haven't listened to it straight through, but I think they're slightly different versions. I'll have to give a listen again.

10/24 Detroit Setlist
-------------------------------------------------------
City of Blinding Lights (unconfirmed)
Vertigo
Elevation
I Will Follow
Electric Company
I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For (In a Little While snippet)
Beautiful Day (possible snippet – couldn’t make it out)
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Love and Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky (Hands That Built America/Johnny Comes Marching Home snippets)
Miss Sarajevo
Pride
Where the Streets Have No Name
One
Old Man River

nurse chrissi said:

all of the above :D

actually a good day - we had a code that went the way you want a code to go (the guy lived) and he was doing loads better when I left
hence the nice glass of wine right now - bubble bath later

Good to hear :yes: My mom was a respitory therapist, so she told me all her stories... Would be happy when her patients were fine, and upset when they wouldn't make it.

Zooropa1310 said:
Soooooooooooooooooo interferencers. Apart from your crack addiction, how has everyone's day been, the good, the bad?

I miss my DSL modem. :sad:

I have 10 hours of free dialup a month from my ISP so I'm trying to conserve what I've got - which means I'm going to be offline for eight hours soon. I don't know what to do! :scream:

Hopefully my new modem will arrive in the mail. I ordered it from people who do next day delivery, but I don't know if I got it in in time last night for it to come today or if tomorrow will count as 'next day'.

Is the alternate version the before album, or a remix? I always thought that ABOY alternate sounded too chaotic, and too many things were going on, hard to organize. But then again, maybe they were trying to capture that emotion. It was much more rock and roll than the album one, more garage bandish chaos.

But nontheless I like it :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom