Denver II Setlist Watch and Thread Party - PART TWO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hey ax, i hear if you play streets backwards it actually is the acrobat, in swahili being backed by the choir, but i heard it was Latvian......

WOW ! I just came back from the Denver concert and I can't believe they didn't play Streets Thats Insane !!!

This is what I might have posted if in fact I had gone to the concert and if in fact they actually dropped Streets.But I didn't and they did !

scottyT said:
hey ax, i hear if you play streets backwards it actually is the acrobat, in swahili being backed by the choir, but i heard it was Latvian......

The Latvian orchestra were so pissed that Elevation was in the setlist that they stormed out and forced Paul McGuinness to spend most of the main set looking for a new orchestra.

poor elevation, it's a good song, it is just not even all that bad, why all the hateration?

haha, i mean i have song's i'd much rather hear, but they do have to play something from the last album right?

SETLIST

* COBL
* Beautiful Day
* Vertigo
* Elevation
* GLORIA
* Ocean
* NYD
* Miracle Drug
* SYCMIOYO
* LPOE
* SBS
* BTBS // johnny comes marching home
* RTSS
Declaration of Human Rights
* BAD
* Pride // Mr. B's "Mandela MLK Jr. Africa" speech
* WTSHNN
ONE Campaign Speech
* ONE

ENCORE
* The Fly
* Mysterious Ways

ENCORE II
* All Because of You
* Original of The Species

Encore Openers

I've followed alot of these set list parties so far, but haven't posted.

I have a thought though.

How about U2 opening up with City/Peace. Take your pick. Most people seem to prefer Peace. I'll reserve judgement till I go to a few shows.

Two Encores. They each open up with Zoo Station, and Streets. I don't care which encore would come first. The only request is that they play Streets like it was played on the JT tour (R&H). Then turn around and play Zoo Station like they did on the Zoo tour (the way it was done in North America) to open the other encore.

If those two songs open their respective encores with the full blown concert-opening fury they had when they actually opened shows, it would feel like one full show, and two mini shows.

Mix up the rest of the setlist all you want, it's all good.

Some thoughts for Encore setlists.

Streets->Gloria->ABOY->40
Zoo->Fly->Pride
Streets->MW->Pride->40

I don't know. You could mix up these encores quite a bit and keep us guessing. Just open them with Streets and Zoo.

From Zootopia...

* * * POST SHOW STORY * * *

Ok...so at the beginning of the concert I originally had Rob on the phone as the CC....well the quality was veryyyyyyy bad....I disconnected from him and got a hold of Jerry.....

During the 4th or 5th song in, Jerry n I got disconnected....it took me a minute to reset the phone....and in the meantime, Jerry was trying to call me back....well he got a busy signal....

Two seconds later the phone is ringing....THANK GAWD IT"S JERRY!!!!!

So we get through the whole show and had missed where Streets was played because the decibals from the crowd yelling was UNBELIEVABLE and it cut the sound out.....

Well after the show I called Jerry to find out exactly when it was played.....here's the kicker.....

Jerry said he got the busy signal and just pust the phone back into his pocket....he never trried calling me back again!!!!

We listened to the rest of the whole show in his pants!!!!!

Which btw was actually better because it filtered some of the decibals out....

Now I asked him..."Why did you say eeny meeny miney moe"? Jerry said he never said it and that it must've been Bono...but how could we have heard Bono in his pants! .... NO SHIT HE SAID THAT! ROFLMAO!!!!!

Then I asked him "Well, then, why did you say 'awww how cute"? Jerry said..."you heard that?"

AHA!!!! He had been adament up to this point that he didn't call back...but I just quoted him....sonar bat ears that I've got....

Well...I figure one of two things happened here....

1) As Jerry was Pogo Bouncing he hit a button
2) 3rd Leg of the Tour
2) Jerry's phone is configured to automatically redial a busy number

Either way....gotta have fate.....and a great pair of pants....

reneedo said:
From Zootopia...

* * * POST SHOW STORY * * *

Ok...so at the beginning of the concert I originally had Rob on the phone as the CC....well the quality was veryyyyyyy bad....I disconnected from him and got a hold of Jerry.....

During the 4th or 5th song in, Jerry n I got disconnected....it took me a minute to reset the phone....and in the meantime, Jerry was trying to call me back....well he got a busy signal....

Two seconds later the phone is ringing....THANK GAWD IT"S JERRY!!!!!

So we get through the whole show and had missed where Streets was played because the decibals from the crowd yelling was UNBELIEVABLE and it cut the sound out.....

Well after the show I called Jerry to find out exactly when it was played.....here's the kicker.....

Jerry said he got the busy signal and just pust the phone back into his pocket....he never trried calling me back again!!!!

We listened to the rest of the whole show in his pants!!!!!

Which btw was actually better because it filtered some of the decibals out....

Now I asked him..."Why did you say eeny meeny miney moe"? Jerry said he never said it and that it must've been Bono...but how could we have heard Bono in his pants! .... NO SHIT HE SAID THAT! ROFLMAO!!!!!

Then I asked him "Well, then, why did you say 'awww how cute"? Jerry said..."you heard that?"

AHA!!!! He had been adament up to this point that he didn't call back...but I just quoted him....sonar bat ears that I've got....

Well...I figure one of two things happened here....

1) As Jerry was Pogo Bouncing he hit a button
2) 3rd Leg of the Tour
2) Jerry's phone is configured to automatically redial a busy number

Either way....gotta have fate.....and a great pair of pants....

This is one confusing post from Zootopia!

Westport: here's for starting a new drinking game where we all take a swig anytime "everyone" is mentioned at the show....

OMG, we must totally institute a drinking game for the shows. Westport, you're in charge. :wink:

*knowing full well that maybe 2 people will even read this*

Back
Top Bottom