Denver II Setlist Watch and Thread Party - PART TWO

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
VintagePunk said:

:mad: :mad: Not to you, Axver...you're only the messenger...that's to the "fans" who don't like it this leg, thus decreasing my chances of seeing it 3rd leg. :|

Yeah, I just don't get all these complaints about An Cat Dubh. It's a great song that sounds fantastic today, and it sure worked back in the days when people didn't know much about U2 and they had to break through by pulling people into the show.

Now it seems people just want to know the songs, they don't want to be exposed to new ideas. That's the impression I've got by the reported crowd reaction.

Axver said:

Yeah, I just don't get all these complaints about An Cat Dubh. It's a great song that sounds fantastic today, and it sure worked back in the days when people didn't know much about U2 and they had to break through by pulling people into the show.

Now it seems people just want to know the songs, they don't want to be exposed to new ideas. That's the impression I've got by the reported crowd reaction.

As you may have read (but not remembered, I'm sure you don't recall every person's U2 experience), I liked their 80's hits...became a full-fledged obsessive during the AB era...died off in the latter '90's (probably more due to life experiences than anything)...the became reacquainted in the 00's...only to become truely obsessive in the past year.

That said, listening to Boy in the past year, I'm sincerely blown away....and remember, I was of a record-buying age when that first came out. It's an amazing debut, it took me back to the time...and yet it still sounds oddly current, all at the same time. Remarkable....not sure you could find any records of that era to say the same about..

Geez, am I rambling, or what? *goes back to reading thread*

Last edited:
*Ally* yes! i am graduating in may- cannot WAIT. i have my last final next friday... wooohooo! send me a PM if you ever want to commiserate- if you're a 1st year, try not to stress too much, it's totally not worth it. and if you're a 2nd year, look forward to the fact that you'll have a lot less work during your 3rd year. hooray to encountering a fellow law student in the U2 world!

Not that you'll see this, but I just have my undergrad thesis to complete this summer, till FREEDOM...(taking a year or two off before grad school) Yeee-haw. :)

Streets was played...the setlist was amazing, as was the concert. Best U2 show I have ever seen. Loud.

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

Wait...you were at the second Denver concert last night?

yeah I got back a little while ago. Such an incredible, yet surreal experience. hardly noticed the first third of the concert, except for Gloria, but the show was awesome. Tremendous setlist, good energy (although my drunk ass was one of the lone dancers in my section); all in all, an unforgettable u2 show.
Cheers

Aardvark747 said:
Without reading all the way back...did they drop Yahweh??:huh:

Yes, just got back.

Species replaced it during the second encore.
Streets was played, as was Bad and Gloria.

Tonight was great, probably top 2 for my out of 14 shows since 1983.

8rattoon said:

yeah I got back a little while ago. Such an incredible, yet surreal experience. hardly noticed the first third of the concert, except for Gloria, but the show was awesome. Tremendous setlist, good energy (although my drunk ass was one of the lone dancers in my section); all in all, an unforgettable u2 show.
Cheers

Alrighty...Cool :up:

Thanks man for the info! Can't wait for May 10th then!

:lmao: on you being the lone drunken dancers!

actually I am kind of depressed b/c the next and final show I am seeing is Philly #1 (5/14), which is the "standard" setlist.......

8rattoon said:
actually I am kind of depressed b/c the next and final show I am seeing is Philly #1 (5/14), which is the "standard" setlist.......

Well, you never know, after they vary it up in Chicago, they might alter the Philly set too ...

Back
Top Bottom