Denver II Setlist Watch and Thread Party.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
*Ally* said:

:confused: don't they understand us 90s fans want oh-so-much more.... hopefully they will add something new! please would be great, or gone, EBTTRT :drool: , UTEOTW, wild horses, etc etc... i won't even start w/ "acro***"!!! :wink:

Bono was reading Interference and decided he was convinced by all my arguments about the eighties being best. :wink:

Vervefloyd said:

i was at the top of the heart when bono starting talking over the string intro to please. its the best show ive ever seen. i liked how they didnt have to play to anyone behind them because of the wall.

yeah that was an awesome show!! highlights for me was Elevation...oh b4 i will never forget when they cam eout and Edge did the gangsta rap bounce thing with his arm/hand. Out of Control was unbelievable as well. Thats also the night i first met Dallas and we exchanged shirts! just a great all around show!

Speaking of snippets...which "One" snippet do you guys like?

I'm a big fan of "No them, only us...", but "Hear me coming Lord..." is very cool. Also the Walk On snippet at Irving Plaza I though worked extremely well...

Axver said:

Bono was reading Interference and decided he was convinced by all my arguments about the eighties being best. :wink:

ah, gotcha. i guess that also explains why three Pleba girls have gotten onstage for MW thus far... :wink:

MikeSt said:

yeah that was an awesome show!! highlights for me was Elevation...oh b4 i will never forget when they cam eout and Edge did the gangsta rap bounce thing with his arm/hand. Out of Control was unbelievable as well. Thats also the night i first met Dallas and we exchanged shirts! just a great all around show!

the out of control story is amazing.

mikal said:
i love 90's U2, but the only tunes i see fitting in this tour that haven't been played are:

Ultraviolet
Until The End........
Discotheque
Gone

Today I had Pop playing in my car and I was thinking they could open with Love and Peace and go straight into Mofo. Sure it wouldn't be a match thematically but I think it would work great sonically.

CTU2fan said:

I'm a big fan of "No them, only us...", but "Hear me coming Lord..." is very cool. Also the Walk On snippet at Irving Plaza I though worked extremely well...

definitely one of my fave versions of ONE.... the Walk On snippet was sooooooo good! they should add that to ONE now since they arent playing Walk ON in full.

also back in the day they were during Amazing Grace during Electric Co.

CTU2fan said:

I love the "do you hear us coming Lord?" verse the most. "No them, only us" hasn't seemed that great to me, but Walk On was superb, as is what they're doing this tour.

my favorite one snippet ever was the craig davids "walking away" one

"I'm walking away
From the troubles in my life
I'm walking away, to find a better day
I'm walking away"

:drool:

the one from this tour just has a very eery and ominous feeling to it

SETLIST

* COBL
* Beautiful Day
* Vertigo
* Elevation
* GLORIA
* Ocean confirmed - thanks Queen Bee
* NYD
* Miracle Drug
* SYCMIOYO
* LPOE
* SBS
* BTBS // johnny comes marching home
* RTSS
Declaration of Human Rights
* BAD
* Pride (crowd is going nuts....decibals are cutting the cell in & out)
||Setlist Guru dedicates Pride to the setlist watchers at Interference||

Last edited:
ericnurgles said:
Walk On is a monster live. It is begging to be reintroduced. I'd take it any day of the week over Pride.

I really think that Walk On would mesh perfectly into "40".

I hope Yahweh makes its departure soon. I think I'm going to enjoy three nights of Kings Of Leon over three nights of Yahweh.

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:
I like the "Hear me coming Lord...." snippet of One...it's more in line with the song.

I agree with you! I just got out of the shower and was catching up on a few pages of posts. But I have to go dry my daughter's hair. I'll be back for more later, that is if the thread doesn't get closed by the time I get back.

All I want....is U(2) (Rattle & Hum playing in the background)

angel_28 said:
SETLIST

* COBL
* Beautiful Day
* Vertigo
* Elevation
* GLORIA
* Ocean confirmed - thanks Queen Bee
* NYD
* Miracle Drug
* SYCMIOYO
* LPOE
* SBS
* BTBS // johnny comes marching home
* RTSS
Declaration of Human Rights
* BAD

Of course...Pride is such a crowd pleaser!

pub crawler said:

Today I had Pop playing in my car and I was thinking they could open with Love and Peace and go straight into Mofo. Sure it wouldn't be a match thematically but I think it would work great sonically.

I'd love to see Mofo live!:drool:

angel_28 said:

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why U2 keep playing Pride, whether you like it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom