Denver II Setlist Watch and Thread Party.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
when they played bad at phoenix 2 i was soooooo hoping they would transition it into streets

but now thye had to throw pride in between

pride into streets just seems so awkward

Chizip said:
when they played bad at phoenix 2 i was soooooo hoping they would transition it into streets

but now thye had to throw pride in between

pride into streets just seems so awkward

bad --> psalm --> streets :drool:

amazing, just amazing. i really miss that combo, as well as the red screen/bright lights/bono running around the heart....

U2MaNaIcWeIdO said:

Yea...but I like Pride and Elevation!!! Don't why you guys think these songs are annoying

i like elevation! don't like pride, for some reason... i dunno, maybe i just feel like it doesn't have that much energy anymore. or maybe i don't have much enthusiasm for it, so it seems like it doesn't have energy. ??? but elevation, i like!

different strokes for different folks... :wink:

I get tired of Pride ....don't know why?...i like the song...i just don't always feel like hearing it....

does anybody remember what performance of one had the "walking away" snippet at the end?

i think it was like a 1 time thing

after remembering it i really want to download it now

ericnurgles said:
The shows are all sold out. There are true fans without tickets all over the world. Why do they have to worry about pleasing anyone with Pride and Elevation?

Cause U2 are generally out of touch with their hardcore fanbase.

*Ally* said:

bad --> psalm --> streets :drool:

amazing, just amazing. i really miss that combo, as well as the red screen/bright lights/bono running around the heart....

i disagree. i thought it was awkward and lame with the "how long to sing this song" part. it could never tough please into streets.

If people want the red light badly during Streets, why doesn't anyone ask him when they are meeting him before the show??? Has anyone asked yet? It's not going to change if people don't speak up.

U2Girl1978 said:
If people want the red light badly during Streets, why doesn't anyone ask him when they are meeting him before the show??? Has anyone asked yet? It's not going to change if people don't speak up.

I've been planning to seek him out and ask him this specifically for almost a month now.

ericnurgles said:
The shows are all sold out. There are true fans without tickets all over the world. Why do they have to worry about pleasing anyone with Pride and Elevation?

Because a LOT of people love those songs. Because the band like playing them. Because they get a better reaction than, say, An Cat Dubh.

A lot of reasons.

They should have opened Phoenix with Streets in front of the red light, old school style, imo.

U2 has always seemed interested in breakng new ground, but there are times when being nostalgic is definitely a good thing. They missed the boat in AZ, in my opinion. They need me workng for them. I promise I would not steer them wrong. :)

MrBrau1 said:

Cause U2 are generally out of touch with their hardcore fanbase.

Which make up probebly 10 to 15% of the total audience. U2 are about pleasing the masses. When you are as successful as U2 you have a TON of casual fans that came to hear those songs. The fact that U2 are throwing The Ocean, Electric Co, and An Cat Dubh out there tells me they are throwing the diehards a few bones. They may not be YOUR song choices. Cant please everyone, not even with the diehard songs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom