December...Down Under...(Rumor)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Fanatic4ever

Blue Crack Addict
:huh: Got this from atu2.com.. Just to let you all know..

DECEMBER DOWN UNDER?
May 07, 2006
posted by: m2

Today's Sydney Morning Herald quotes a "well-connected London source",
who says U2 is now looking at December for rescheduling the Vertigo
shows in Australia. Promoters are mum. Band is mum.

read the full story here >>

http://www.smh.com.au/news/music/u2-set-for-december-return/2006/05/06/
1146335968489.html

I'm kind of disappointed with these rumors after all the October/Nov. speculation. My sympathies to those who already had tickets (I did not, but was considering after the postponement). Won't Dec. be terribly busy and expensive traveling for you guys? Would it almost be better to wait until the spring? :huh:

Shag On A Rock said:
What? Play Sydney, Brissie, Melbourne, and Adelaide, after Dec 9th and before the 24th?

Yeah, seems a bit tight, doesn't it.

However, if they can squeeze all those shows into that 2-week time period, that could mean....

.... a New Year's Eve show in Hawaii????

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

There's no way they'd do all of Australia (at least 6 shows, maybe as many as 8 if Brissy gets another and also Perth) in December if the Hawaii date is December 9. The first show in Oz would then have to be at least the 12th and they couldnt possibly do all shows by Christmas.
This is what I think will happen.... the tour will hit Australia second half of November and carry into the first few days of December, before heading to possibly Japan and Hawaii.

The Article is not loading for me...

But they dont HAVE to be done by December 24th?....Christmas in Australia?, have a that week to basically holiday, and then resume what ever is left over after new years.

I think the Sydney dates will be December 1st and 2nd. thats Friday and Sat nite then on to Japan and Hawaii

They better tour Australia by early December at the latest if they are actually coming back!!

I have to use all my flights booked for the March dates (as in actually fly) by early December. I know of a number of other people in the same boat (or is that plane?)

If they tour throughout December it's going to be horrible having to buy new flights and somehow use up the old ones. Or having to give up on it altogether.

Fingers crossed.

4U2Play said:

Yeah, seems a bit tight, doesn't it.

However, if they can squeeze all those shows into that 2-week time period, that could mean....

.... a New Year's Eve show in Hawaii????

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

but instead of fireworks, it'll be LAVA :happy:

maybe the could record some new songs and debut them at these december shows :drool:

Chizip said:
maybe the could record some new songs and debut them at these december shows :drool:

Yeah, that'd be cool.

Maybe they could also get a new stage design.

They've already done a heart and an ellipse, I say they go for a giant rectangle next time.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Won't Dec. be terribly busy and expensive traveling for you guys? Would it almost be better to wait until the spring? :huh:

No more expensive for me than any other time - unless petrol prices continue to rise... :mad:

The rumour of a second Brissie show, could make things a little.... no.... early Christmas present! :drool:

U2Fanatic4ever said:
or how bout a rhombus or a hectagon?....:giggle:

Good idea, but if Willie built a hexagon, Bono might fall off of it while doing the "Streets" sprint -- too many angles to negotiate.

Plus, how will us fans know if we're getting a getting good spot on the floor?

"I was on the rail at one of the six tips of the hexagon" doesn't sound very impressive.

A rhombus or even an infinity sign might be better (two bomb shelters!).

I hope they have fireworks and a flying drum kit at the Hawaii New Year's Eve show

Last edited:
4U2Play said:

Good idea, but if Willie built a hexagon, Bono might fall off of it while doing the "Streets" sprint -- too many angles to negotiate.

Plus, how will us fans know if we're getting a getting good spot on the floor?

"I was on the rail at one of the six tips of the hexagon" doesn't sound very impressive.

A rhombus or even an infinity sign might be better (two bomb shelters!).

I hope they have fireworks and a flying drum kit at the Hawaii New Year's Eve show

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: .... you're killing me!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

can just see bono falling off...hehehehe

youre right.. maybe an infinity symbol or the yin yang symbol maybe then he can cut thru the middle during streets..

plenty of stuff to ponder.. :hmm:

4U2Play you have a great sense of humor...! my kinda wit..:wink:

U2Fanatic4ever said:
4U2Play you have a great sense of humor...! my kinda wit..:wink:

Thanks.

Will you marry me?

(Uhhh... you ARE a girl, right?)

These are my criteria in a mate:

1. Female

2. U2 fan

3. Likes animals

4. Over 18

5. Below 80

I'm very picky

Your idea for the Yin Yang symbol is great. Willie could build a really cool stage using that, with a curvy walkway in between the two bomb shelters.

They could start studying the I-Ching and base the new album entirely on Chinese philosophy, simultaneously justifying the cool new stage design and opening up the entire East Asian market to them (1 billion new U2 fans would be cool).

Bono would have to learn how to say, "Thank you for giving us a great life" in Mandarin

Last edited:
Never mind, I've already done the translation for him:

谢谢你。 长期 礼物 的所有格 擅长 近义词

I might have written this backwards, though

I am travelling from South Africa to Brisbane to see them (& family too). Can't stand the suspense regarding dates any longer! My ticket expires in Jan. They should at least say something on U2.com. Think its a bit unfair on fans with travel arrangements....:huh:

stagman said:
2 Biggest things Aussies are looking forward 2... Ashes and U2. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

it should read u2 and the ashes...get it right!! (':wink:')

Back
Top Bottom