Daily Record Say u2 To Confirm Tour This Wednesday!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lo-Fi

War Child
The Daily Recod in Glasgow has said that Hampden park in Glasgow is for sure on the 21st of June and the date will be confirm this Wednesday coming.

Theres been no other talking of it being announced this wednsday (although I hope its true)....An article from a few days ago said something like 'by the end of this month'.......

I guess this wednsday is included there! :)

I've been hearing rumors about this Wed as well but I'm really not counting on it

perhaps this was from an earlier report?

Well, personally I can't see Paul McGuinness being quoted on U2.com as saying "As soon as we get everything confirmed over the coming weeks, we'll let you know", if they were moving the announcement from this Monday to this Wednesday.

I think if anything maybe the Glasgow date is being confirmed by the venue this Wednesday.

I have no expectations of hearing anything major this Wednesday. And if it happens well great.

beli said:
The last rumour I read said that all concerts after July had been cancelled. I think the rumour machine is definitely of with the fairys :crazy:

Wow! That's an odd rumor! Why have concerts at all? If U2 are tentatively postponing until April and then will only play through June, that means a LOT of dates will be cancelled. How many places can they see in 2-3 months?

I sure hope this rumor is wrong Beli!

doctorwho said:
Well, at least this is the first POSITIVE rumor I've heard in a while. So that's at least a nice switch. And if there's any truth there, it bodes well - meaning perhaps things aren't as dire as some rumors suggest.

Tell me about it. Things have been so :| lately.l

This weekend, the local San Francisco paper stated that U2 are booked to play the Oakland Arena on May 2 & 3. That doesn't exactly jibe with a tour opener in LA or Las Vegas on 3/28 (which was the last rumor I read but have been away a while) but maybe it's also 'old' news?

I'm betting it's old news, Brattycat. That "source" evidently hasn't been on the net lately, or reading the Irish media. The people who booked the band are obviously reluctant to take the band off the roster and are leaving things in place unless Principle explicitely tells them to take them off. The disputed dates right now are merely the March dates (the East Coast:sad: ) and after that, we just don't know.

Like Paul McG said, "Everything is in total flux." Right now the rumor mill is churning overtime... and we should take NOTHING at face value. I'm afraid we have a long wait ahead of us...at least another month. But heck, we've been waitng 3 yrs and we know that there WILL be a tour...

I guess I can talk like this b/c I live in an area that is going to get at least one show no matter what. Albany will get a show, and NYC will get a show, and Boston will get one...(but I had already written off Boston after the Propaganda fiasco.) At least I'm not like these poor people in places like Seattle or the Midwest that the band traditionally does in the Fall leg that may not get shows at all.

This is breaking my heart, as it sounds as if the band had "proven themselves" finacially to Ticketmaster and were going to have lee way to places they hadn't played before.

Beli, where do you get your rumors??? Lay off the rumor milla while would you--you're scaring us

beli said:
The last rumour I read said that all concerts after July had been cancelled. I think the rumour machine is definitely of with the fairys :crazy:

The Toronto radio station that leaked Vertigo is saying that leg 1 has been cancelled. :| I'd like something more official.

Back
Top Bottom