Crazy question about bringing in signs to the show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rafiennes

Refugee
OK – I’m going to the NY shows on Oct and Nov. I wanna bring a sign in with me (which I’ve never done before). Do you have to sneak it in or do they let you just bring them in?

I made mine in cloth, so it is easy to fold into a compact square... I think cardboard signs can be an issue in some venues and they will not let you bring them in. Probably a pain in the ass to cart around too...

I had a huge poster. I had no problem getting it in. I worked on it in GA all day, and no one said a word then or when I took it in. Once during one show the security guy running in the pit between the rail and heart ramp to guard Bono yelled at me to 'put it down' :( Lots of people have signs, they usually put them down after the first few songs though, unless it has to do with the song being played.

I think I had mine up for a compounded time of about 3 minutes IF that throughout Chicago 1... Just long enough for the guys to notice it (which they did! :hyper: )

Thank god for my big long monkey arms too... dont think I was blocking anyones view for more than a few seconds here and there...

I was right behind someone with two small signs in Philly. She made one for Adam, and he actually saw it and chuckled, which was pretty funny. I wanted to take her one that said 40 because she waved it practically all night, and besides, I wanted Bad!

If you take a sign, just be mindful of the people around you. I lost a couple of great photo opportunities (including what would've been my only close pic of Edge all night) because of the person in front of me.

BonoIsMyMuse said:
I was right behind someone with two small signs in Philly. She made one for Adam, and he actually saw it and chuckled, which was pretty funny. I wanted to take her one that said 40 because she waved it practically all night, and besides, I wanted Bad!

If you take a sign, just be mindful of the people around you. I lost a couple of great photo opportunities (including what would've been my only close pic of Edge all night) because of the person in front of me.
I must've been near you then. On the rail probably to the left of you. I saw that girl with those signs and i was pissed about the 40 sign. She was from boston.

People with signs suck. :tsk: I always end up behind you bastards. If you insist on having a sign please be mindful of the people around you.

Well, as I stated, I was extremely mindful of my sign and it was up for just a few seconds at a time... besides, the people around those of us with signs can sometimes benefit too.. I saw the reaction of people around me when Adam stopped by and read it twice and when Bono stopped, read it and sang to me and everyone was excited just to have them stand so close... :hyper:

Signs that get the band's attention and make them stop and smile: :up:

Signs that make them play 40 when they were going to play Bad: :down:

jbj, I was right against the side rail, behind the woman from Boston. She was a little annoying with her sign, but I was having such a wonderful time that after awhile I completely forgot anybody was around me! I really enjoyed the pictures you posted!

Yah, you have to use sign ettiquette. Keep it manageable and "fold-able" and pick your time to put it up. I waited until Zoo Station to put mine up for Bono and he stopped and sang to me for a while. After that I didn't put it up again. :bow: :love:

Even though, the asshole behind me and his girlfriend were trying to tear it out of my hands - I just ignored them. The same way I ignored him when he *repeatedly* pushed his elbow into my ribcage to try and make me move before the band hit the stage. I totally would've told them about the sign if they hadn't been such complete assholes before the concert even started :shrug: So warn people beforehand that you'll be holding a sign up, hopefully you'll have normal people around you. :wink:

I bought stuff to make a sign then I decided against it. I just didn't want to take away from anyone's U2 experience...

Miroslava, what did your sign say?

If anyone steals my sign, I am kicking ass... I am planning on using it a few more times ;)

http://tinypic.com/4uv1x5

I ended up putting some straps to the top corners for easy holding over my head.... :D

Honestly I've never understood the point of having a sign unless you're on the rail, in which case you're not blocking anyone's view b/c you can hold it down along the railing.

tawanda said:
Cool sign. Maybe you'll be taken up on stage!

Do you belly dance?

No I don't... but it is not like it is a requirement... :wink: Hell, dancing doesn't even seem to be a requirement sometimes... :D

And yes, I would assume that no one would bother with a sign unless the guys could actually see it :huh:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom