Crap seats at Twickenham

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

filmfreak

Babyface
I hadn't seen U2 live since Zoo TV 11 years ago and was really excited to have lower tier tickets to see the guys at Twickenham last weekend, and having paid £85 per ticket and the seating chart showed the seats were in a really good position, I'd been looking forward to it all year.

I was totally bummed out to find that from my seat I couldn't even see any of the screen at the back of the stage,
u2seat.jpg

A letter has gone off to Ticketmaster.co.uk and the promoters but who knows if I'll get any joy.

I hope the rest of you guys who went got better seats than I did!!!!

Sorry to hear about that buddy. I was a bit annoyed at first too, I paid £85 each from TM for my Cardiff seats. I look at the seating plan now, and it's not RIGHT at the back, but it's on the way....I thought cos I also got them on pre-order ahead of the general public, i'd at least get ones closer to the stage than that. But it was obviously picked at random or something.
Anyway - i'll still try and have a good time, as i'm sure u did too - tho if I couldnt even see the big screen, that WOULD piss me off, so I can understand your frustrations.

Welcome to the forum btw!:wave:

get there early and sell them to a tout like they r really good or something and then buy a GA or another seat.

mo786 said:
get there early and sell them to a tout like they r really good or something and then buy a GA or another seat.

hmmm.....I dunno, they're not THAT bad really. I dont want G.A's anyway, and as long as I can see the big screen (which it looks like I will) I dont really mind!:wink:

Wish I had sold mine to a tout but this was the seating map that ticketmaster provided me with;

twickenham2.gif

Just wished I'd bought the standing tickets now, at least they sounded good :D

hey filmfreak.....from the U2 setup map provided by Ticketbastard..... I know what you mean.... your seat is in block 37 which is not in line with the stage...!

Hope you find some joy......

and hey welcome to interference! :wave:

dougal

filmfreak said:
I hadn't seen U2 live since Zoo TV 11 years ago and was really excited to have lower tier tickets to see the guys at Twickenham last weekend, and having paid £85 per ticket and the seating chart showed the seats were in a really good position, I'd been looking forward to it all year.

I was totally bummed out to find that from my seat I couldn't even see any of the screen at the back of the stage,
u2seat.jpg

A letter has gone off to Ticketmaster.co.uk and the promoters but who knows if I'll get any joy.

I hope the rest of you guys who went got better seats than I did!!!!

Man those are really bad seats. hope you can arange something with ticketmaster!!! good luck!

I've already spoken to Trading Standard and they have told me I have a really strong case, it just depends on how stubborn Ticketma$ter and the promoter want to be.

Forgot to mention, got a cracking good deal on parking, as I arrived at 6.30pm (my wife wasn't interested in the support acts ;) ) but there was an industrial estate right opposite gate L, and I managed to park in there for free!!! Apparently that had been some guy hanging around earlier on, collection £20 per car, who left 10 minutes before I go there. The only problem was they closed the road outside the venue until 11.30pm so I didn't exactly get away early! Then got stuck on road works on the North Circular then finally made it back to Milton Keynes at 1.30am only to get stuck in the last of the traffic leaving the Green Day gig at the Bowl!!!!!!

BTW Thanks for the welcome guys!

That view really sucks. They really shouldn't have sold those tickets at all as I suspect you couldn't see the band when they were on the main stage....

Sodding ticketmaster. My mate spent more on me for tickets for Twickenham 2 and had similar seats to you - closer to the band but cut out 90% of the screen. I was further back at Twickenham 1 but got to see the screen. The ticketmaster AND Twickenham seat layouts were misleading and incorrect.

jezh said:
I suspect you couldn't see the band when they were on the main stage....

I could but only just, whenever Edge went off to play a keyboard part I couldn't see him and when the screen came on I could only see 6 pixels of it!

Welcome to the forum Filmfreak. Those seats shouldn't have been for sale. Ticketmaster greed. The show was fantastic though wasn't it?

1stOne said:
Welcome to the forum Filmfreak. Those seats shouldn't have been for sale. Ticketmaster greed. The show was fantastic though wasn't it?

I'm not so sure it was "Ticketmaster greed." Rather, I think it was "promoter greed." TM simply sells what the promoter tells TM to sell... :huh:

Man I would have been pissed, but then again I would never want seats over GA. GA rocks!!

How??

Can't believe that you were charged full price for them tickets, a total scam to sell them. Demand your money back!!!!!!!!!!
Send that evidence to U2. Just keep bombarding them

What i find hard to understand with the ticket allocation is how they were distributed. After failing to get tickets on the day of release i bought mine online from ticketmaster two days before the concert at face value £85 seated in block 35 and feel that i had some of the best seats in the ground. These weren't returns, they had been held back.
How is that fair to the people who bought on release? I was expecting at such a late hour to get restricted views and could'nt believe my luck.
And also i know that some people around me got free tickets given just after u2 took to the stage.
Suppose it's to stitch up the touts and good on them for that.

By the way. Excellent night.Top band,crowd, supports, venue, stewards, where do i stop? Still buzzing week later.
Only downside was the miserable bitch sat and i mean sat in front of me with the big rock on her finger and a stone face. If her boyfriend sees this you got to get rid of her. If she can be that bored and that much fun, with no rythm, at a concert like that, she's goto be shit in bed.

MTEdge said:
I'm not so sure it was "Ticketmaster greed." Rather, I think it was "promoter greed." TM simply sells what the promoter tells TM to sell... :huh:

That's why I've written to both of them to have a good old moan, but I'm also thinking of trying to get something directly to U2 as well, just not sure how to go about it. Anyone got any ideas, is the fan club the best way to go???

Got my first reply from Ticketmaster and it says...

######################

Thank you for you letter.

I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your view for U2 at Twickenham Stadium.

As a ticket Agency the promoters and venue of an event inform us of any viewing restrictions, and we advise our customers accordingly when a restricted view seat is being purchased.

Ticketmaster was not made aware of any viewing restrictions with your seats.

Ticketmaster are forwarding your complaint onto the promoters and you will receive a response either from Ticketmaster or the promoters as soon as possible. Ticketmaster will continue to act as your liaison with the promoters until this matters has been concluded.

Yours Faithfully

######################

So at least they seem to be taking it seriously. Maybe Ticketma$ter aren't so bad! ;)

Aardvark747 said:

hmmm.....I dunno, they're not THAT bad really. I dont want G.A's anyway, and as long as I can see the big screen (which it looks like I will) I dont really mind!:wink:

We ended up changing out tickets for GA's btw, and were right in the ellipse at the catwalk....god knows what I was on when I wrote this last post?!:huh: :wink:

Hope u get the result ur after filmfreak...:up:

Wow, that does suck. I mean, I would rather sit there than not go, but the diagram is misleading. However, I don't think you can really bring TM down for that. I doubt they have any clue how EXACTLY the stage will be setup, they're just told it's "end stage" so that's the diagram they use.

:(

Back
Top Bottom