Crap seats at Twickenham - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 Vertigo Tour Central 2004 / 2005 / 2006 Archive > General Tour Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-24-2005, 09:38 AM   #16
Refugee

Local Time: 09:20 AM
Let us know what Ticketmaster says!

Old 06-24-2005, 09:40 AM   #17
Refugee

Local Time: 08:20 AM
Welcome to the forum Filmfreak. Those seats shouldn't have been for sale. Ticketmaster greed. The show was fantastic though wasn't it?

Old 06-24-2005, 09:47 AM   #18
Refugee

Local Time: 03:20 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by 1stOne
Welcome to the forum Filmfreak. Those seats shouldn't have been for sale. Ticketmaster greed. The show was fantastic though wasn't it?
I'm not so sure it was "Ticketmaster greed." Rather, I think it was "promoter greed." TM simply sells what the promoter tells TM to sell...
Old 06-24-2005, 10:55 AM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Was Larry ever visible while at his drumset?

Any performance pics?

u2fp
Old 06-24-2005, 05:08 PM   #20
The Fly

Local Time: 04:20 AM
That's a shame. Well, ticketmaster and U2 got your money, and that's what matters most -- to them.
Old 06-24-2005, 05:22 PM   #21
The Fly

Man I would have been pissed, but then again I would never want seats over GA. GA rocks!!
Old 06-25-2005, 02:49 AM   #22
Babyface

How??

Can't believe that you were charged full price for them tickets, a total scam to sell them. Demand your money back!!!!!!!!!!
Send that evidence to U2. Just keep bombarding them

What i find hard to understand with the ticket allocation is how they were distributed. After failing to get tickets on the day of release i bought mine online from ticketmaster two days before the concert at face value £85 seated in block 35 and feel that i had some of the best seats in the ground. These weren't returns, they had been held back.
How is that fair to the people who bought on release? I was expecting at such a late hour to get restricted views and could'nt believe my luck.
And also i know that some people around me got free tickets given just after u2 took to the stage.
Suppose it's to stitch up the touts and good on them for that.

By the way. Excellent night.Top band,crowd, supports, venue, stewards, where do i stop? Still buzzing week later.
Only downside was the miserable bitch sat and i mean sat in front of me with the big rock on her finger and a stone face. If her boyfriend sees this you got to get rid of her. If she can be that bored and that much fun, with no rythm, at a concert like that, she's goto be shit in bed.
Old 06-25-2005, 11:46 AM   #23
Babyface

Quote:
Originally posted by MTEdge
I'm not so sure it was "Ticketmaster greed." Rather, I think it was "promoter greed." TM simply sells what the promoter tells TM to sell...
That's why I've written to both of them to have a good old moan, but I'm also thinking of trying to get something directly to U2 as well, just not sure how to go about it. Anyone got any ideas, is the fan club the best way to go???
Old 06-25-2005, 11:48 AM   #24
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

If the promoter won't give money back, they may give some comp tickets to future shows.
Old 06-25-2005, 11:51 AM   #25
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:20 AM
That's why I hate stadiums! That sucks!
Old 07-12-2005, 12:57 AM   #26
Babyface

Got my first reply from Ticketmaster and it says...

######################

Thank you for you letter.

I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your view for U2 at Twickenham Stadium.

As a ticket Agency the promoters and venue of an event inform us of any viewing restrictions, and we advise our customers accordingly when a restricted view seat is being purchased.

Ticketmaster was not made aware of any viewing restrictions with your seats.

Ticketmaster are forwarding your complaint onto the promoters and you will receive a response either from Ticketmaster or the promoters as soon as possible. Ticketmaster will continue to act as your liaison with the promoters until this matters has been concluded.

Yours Faithfully

######################

So at least they seem to be taking it seriously. Maybe Ticketma$ter aren't so bad!
Old 07-12-2005, 01:28 AM   #27
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Aardvark747

hmmm.....I dunno, they're not THAT bad really. I dont want G.A's anyway, and as long as I can see the big screen (which it looks like I will) I dont really mind!
We ended up changing out tickets for GA's btw, and were right in the ellipse at the catwalk....god knows what I was on when I wrote this last post?!

Hope u get the result ur after filmfreak...
Old 07-12-2005, 10:18 AM   #28
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:20 AM
Wow, that does suck. I mean, I would rather sit there than not go, but the diagram is misleading. However, I don't think you can really bring TM down for that. I doubt they have any clue how EXACTLY the stage will be setup, they're just told it's "end stage" so that's the diagram they use.