Could U2 pull off a 2 hours and a half show?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Could U2 pull off a 2 hours and a half show?

• Yes.

Votes: 45 46.9%
  • No.

Votes: 10 10.4%
  • Not only that but they could pull off a 3 hours concert!

Votes: 41 42.7%

• Total voters

TheBrazilianFly

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
What do you think? I think they could, I mean Bruce Springsteen, who is in his mid-fifties, puts on 3 hours concerts and they flow very well. They don't seem to drag on or whatever, they feel even more special actually. U2 definitely have enough songs to fill two hours and a half and they all seem to be in great physical form so why not give it a try. What do you think?

Here's a set list I would love to see them playing:

Love And Peace Or Else
Vertigo
The Electric Co.
Until The End Of the World
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
An Cat Dubh / Into The Heart
City Of Blinding Lights
Beautiful Day
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can’t Make It On Your Own
New Year's Day
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
One Step Closer
Please
Crumbs From Your Table
Pride
Where The Streets Have No Name
One

Zoo Station
The Fly
Gloria
Elevation

All Because Of You
Mysterious Ways
Yahweh
Bad / 40

They HAVE played a two and a half hour show. 21 July 2001, Turin.

They could....
But Larry says hes stuffed after each night.....They could easily add in a 2-3 song acoustic section.
But dont they also have to be off stage at a certain time? (curfew?)

bono_man2002 said:
They could....
But Larry says hes stuffed after each night.....They could easily add in a 2-3 song acoustic section.
But dont they also have to be off stage at a certain time? (curfew?)

they could always start earlier

7-11 :drool:

I saw Bruce solo & he plays for 2.5 hours...also less money unless you're able to get ga's :lol: U2 should play 3-4 more songs & change things up more. From what I've seen of Europe so far its same o thing.:yawn:

Chizip said:

they could always start earlier

7-11 :drool:

Was it Bono that said "I wish we could do our shows as soon as I Wake up"..

I agree with your 7-11 thing.
On tickets have 7 as the start time, band come on about 7:30.
It'll could happen like that on the last tour.

well they dont have an opening act for the third leg yet :wink:

maybe they could do a 10-12 song accoustic set just by bono and the edge to open up, and they could actually play cool accoustic songs rather than the normal ones :drool:

so get rid of the opening act & play another 30-40 minutes. I don't think U2 needs a "warmup" act anyway. I'd rather hear more from them for the money I'm spending.

If Bono and the Edge came out, opened up with an accoustic set like this:

Electrical Storm
Original of the Species
Stuck In a Moment
The First Time
One Tree Hill
Stay
Hawkmoon 269
North and South of the River
All I Want is You
Crumbs
Fast Cars

Then left and came back out in 20 minutes with the rest of the band for the main set, that would be so delicious.

Imarocker said:
so get rid of the opening act & play another 30-40 minutes. I don't think U2 needs a "warmup" act anyway. I'd rather hear more from them for the money I'm spending.

Yes! I've been saying for years that U2 does not need an opening band. They're a waste of time and energy!

Love And Peace Or Else
Vertigo
The Electric Co.
Until The End Of The World
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
An Cat Dubh / Into The Heart
City Of Blinding Lights
Beautiful Day
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can’t Make It On Your Own
Crumbs From Your Table
New Year’s Day
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
One Step Closer
Please
Pride
Where The Streets Have No Name
One

Acoustic set:
In Gods Country (B & E)
Hawkmoon269 (full band)
Angel Of Harlem (full band)
A Man And A Woman (full band)
Fast Cars (full band)
I Still Haven't Found What I’m Looking For (B & E)

Encore 1:
Zoo Station
The Fly
Gloria
Elevation
Mysterious Ways

Encore 2:
All Because Of You
Desire
Yahweh
Bad

That's a 3 hour set list! :drool:

Notes:
- Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses could be replaced by Acrobat in the second night
- Fast Cars could be replaced by Hand That Build America in the second night
- Desire could be replaced by Electrical Storm in the second night
- Yahweh could be replaced by Original Of The Species in the second night
- Bad (could be replaced by With Or Without You in the second night
- The third night could have a completely diferent set list of course. :wink:

Come on now, wouldn't that be amazing?! :drool:

Last edited:
Yes, U2 play now every night much longer than 2 hours - with setlists inbetween 24-27 tunes: with Croke Park 3 even reaching the lenghth of a Bruce Springsteen band set.
So, the four do the longest shows of their career at the moment - with few breaks and lots of stuff from the diferent periods plus a strong tour album. There's no need to critizize that matter, isn't it?

uwwedoogie said:
Croke Park they went longer than 2/half hours... 2:45 i think... :rockon:
Amsterdam 3 was 2/half hours too... Started at 20:45 and ended at 23:15 :rockon:

I've been watching Bruce's DVD (live in Barcelona, 2002). There's an extra interview with him (done at the end of the YEAR-LONG The Rising Tour). They performed over 110 songs by the end of the tour, and he often would perform songs that weren't on the setlist, just at the drop of a hat! :ohmy: Ain't ever gonna see that from U2, I'm afraid. :(

blueeyedgirl said:
I've been watching Bruce's DVD (live in Barcelona, 2002). There's an extra interview with him (done at the end of the YEAR-LONG The Rising Tour). They performed over 110 songs by the end of the tour, and he often would perform songs that weren't on the setlist, just at the drop of a hat! :ohmy: Ain't ever gonna see that from U2, I'm afraid. :(
Bruce Springsteen tours with the most modest show there is... Just a stage and white lights... If U2 would do a tour like that (which I can't imagine they would) they also could shuffle songs more easely... But since U2 always have a big production, you can't just improvise that easy...

blueeyedgirl said:
why are you planning on going to every U2 concert?

and am still not getting this thing were people compare U2 against everyone? especially bruce springsteen, and pearl jam,

Axver said:
They HAVE played a two and a half hour show. 21 July 2001, Turin.

What about Paris 9th july

I had them on stage at 9:16 and off stage at 11:46!

TheBrazilianFly, was amazing wasn't it. i think Axver wil come back and say it was only 2 hrs 29 minutes or something, but it seemed like they were there for ever!::bow: :dancing:

matt76 said:
TheBrazilianFly, was amazing wasn't it. i think Axver wil come back and say it was only 2 hrs 29 minutes or something, but it seemed like they were there for ever!::bow: :dancing:

It was beyond amazing. It was.... impossible to put in words!!! I loved every minute of it!!! My first U2 show and it was a kick ass one!!! Bono and Edge at the end of The Electric Co. = :faint:

TheBrazilianFly said:

It was beyond amazing. It was.... impossible to put in words!!! I loved every minute of it!!! My first U2 show and it was a kick ass one!!! Bono and Edge at the end of The Electric Co. = :faint:

Yeah definitely was great.. Even though the organisation getting into the stadium was bad the french crowd was really really amazing!!

Were you standing?

Yeah, I was more on Adam's side. I wish I could have gotten closer to them but I couldn't. French crowd was great indeed. They sang a long really loud to songs like Sunday Bloody Sunday, With Or Without You, Beautiful Day and of course both versions of Vertigo!! It was awesome!!!! I will write a review of each song and post it on my journal soon. :happy:

Back
Top Bottom