Could Love and Peace replace Bullet live?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Acrobatic

War Child
Bullet is a staple and there probably is plenty of room for the two but I get the feeling that this is a new era and this may be a fitting exchange on the set list. Also, Edge could play a bad ass solo live on this one.

It sounds to me very similar to UTEOTW, but I wouldn't want them replacing UTEOTW. But they would go good back to back.

I dont think they would replace bullet either, but I definately prefer LOPOE to Bullet!

xaviMF22 said:
I think this would be a great tour opener.... kind of like zoo station

I was thinking the exact same think for it as well!!!

Anyone else think that some Joshua Tree songs no longer played live could come back and sound great with these songs? Like Exit and One Tree Hill?

This may sound silly, but I think if this song is ever a single, that it would be cool to see a video set back in the prohibition era in America. U2 as gangsters. Fedora's zoot suits, whatever.

Just gives me a Chicago-bluesy feel. Love the song.

As for replacing Bullet? Nah. Bullet might not be played anyhow, but Bullet is sort of an angry song, I don't think this song is angry, I think it's sort of a plea for sanity. A little cry for joy out of despair.

I don't know, whatever.

U2DMfan said:
This may sound silly, but I think if this song is ever a single, that it would be cool to see a video set back in the prohibition era in America. U2 as gangsters. Fedora's zoot suits, whatever.

Just gives me a Chicago-bluesy feel. Love the song.

OMG...Bono in a Fedora....:drool:

I love it! I think that's a sweet idea....would they ever go for something like that I wonder....

starsgoblue said:

would they ever go for something like that I wonder....

Probably not, I would guess.

I like the irony of the song title

anti-violence being potrayed in a video as the band with some teeth and tommy guns. :)

You see, the emphasis is on the "Or Else" part. :)

It should replace Bullet. That song is already old and tired while LAPOE is fresh and stronger than Bullet.

Cheers,

J

LPOE could easily become the new encore-opener in much the same way as BTBS & Discoteque. I really hope BTBS stays.

But LPOE could also be transformed into a b-stage semi-acoustic song - like Desire on recent tours.

Bullet and LAPOE together would be pretty intense. I imagine the live version of LAPOE is gonna have some fucking sick guitarwork

Live renditions of Bullet are one of my favorite songs ever... Saying that, I think that LAPOE would be a fantastic replacement. Just imagine this trilogy: Exit-Love and Peace or Else-The Fly :drool: :drool: :drool:

the answer is a definite yes...'bullet' is a ripping song live...especially nowadays with the work edge has done to improve it...but i'm bored with it now...give me 'love peace and else' live and i'll shite me pants

No way LAPOE is an opener. COBL will be the opener followed by Vertigo. I see LAPOE arriving mid set flowing into Bad. U2 shows are great for their seamless ebb and flow in intensity. COBL has the chiming guitar style of Streets that will be reminiscent of the JT Tour opening. IMHO.

No Bullet on this tour.:(

Back
Top Bottom