Copenhagen Setlist Numero Uno + Uno = Dos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Axver said:

:lmao:

I fear if I ever worked for a radio station, I'd be fired for my antics. I'd just take total advantage of the position and play whole U2 bootlegs, or subject people to Dream Theater's 23 minute A Change Of Seasons, or blindfold myself and hit buttons to play songs without even looking.

I worked at a Radio station a few years ago. I had my own show and i would always start with Even better than the real thing ( Yep Axver :wink: ). Every week i got several complaints from older people tellng the boss to fire the guy who always play the same songs and make fun at the people who call his show. The Radio station was broadcasting to at least 500.000 homes. I loved all the complaints.

yimou said:

I worked at a Radio station a few years ago. I had my own show and i would always start with Even better than the real thing ( Yep Axver :wink: ). Every week i got several complaints from older people tellng the boss to fire the guy who always play the same songs and make fun at the people who call his show. The Radio station was broadcasting to at least 500.000 homes. I loved all the complaints.

Hahaha, you are officially awesome!

I think what I'd do is invite people to send me the weirdest, most obscure song they can possibly find. Then I'd just start playing them at total random.

Axver said:

Hahaha, you are officially awesome!

I think what I'd do is invite people to send me the weirdest, most obscure song they can possibly find. Then I'd just start playing them at total random.

Sounds like a show i would listen to :wink: I love all the wacky shows.

yimou said:

I have to ask....what radio station was that?

Rødovre radio. Det var ikke The Voice :wink: Ellers ville jeg ikke kunne vælge mine egne sange.

What a big lie it was - the thing about Godmorgen Danmark :wink: But the reviews are excellent everywhere it seems both in the newspapers and the fans'.

U2Man said:
What a big lie it was - the thing about Godmorgen Danmark :wink: But the reviews are excellent everywhere it seems both in the newspapers and the fans'.

Yeah, i was totally disappointed. I swear to god they said that they would be showing some songs this morning. :sad:

But i agree that the reviews have been excellent. What i dont like is seeing non-fans review the concert on tv. They always make it sound stupid.

yimou said:

Yeah, i was totally disappointed. I swear to god they said that they would be showing some songs this morning. :sad:

But i agree that the reviews have been excellent. What i dont like is seeing non-fans review the concert on tv. They always make it sound stupid.

What do you mean.....that guy from Politiken?

U2Man,, Coldplay just sold out Forum in less than 30 minutes :eyebrow: Do you remember how long it took for U2 to sell out Parken?. 2 hours ?

yimou said:
U2Man,, Coldplay just sold out Forum in less than 30 minutes :eyebrow: Do you remember how long it took for U2 to sell out Parken?. 2 hours ?

Well, I know it got sold out pretty quickly, that's for sure.:wink: And who cares about Coldplay? I guess Britney could sell out Forum in less than 10 minutes. Noone will remember Coldplay in 5 years :wink: As we all know...Coldplay lacks an edge :wink:

It makes no sense really comparing how long it took to sell out. It was the integrity and bandwidth of their ticket systems that decided how long it took to sell out. U2 could have sold out three nights in Parken in 1/10000000000 of a second with the right ticket booking system in place :wink:
Make that 4.

Last edited:
That show though....

Even if it was the tired old setlist, the band felt much more into it than in Gothenburg. Snippets all over the place, Adam Clayton being cooler than ever.
Bono talking about how Edge comes from the future, and how Edge drinks some "fruit tea" from the future to make "wild shit happen". So great. I'll post a review sometime later.

Now that this is my last show, I'll rank those I've seen.

Dublin 1
Copenhagen
Milan 2
Gothenburg

A clip from last night in Copenhagen

Beautiful day with some changed lyrics

http://s42.you sendit.com/d.aspx?id=3DUE37I5NVMGR2JFZQ8Q6X40V1

:scratch: What's going on here? Mods kissing members of the board :wink:

Thanks for the clip yimou.

Btw. Hope you got tickets to Coldplay....and sorry for the harsh words about them.....just because I'm not fond of Chris Martins plan to wage war on U2 and eventually remove them from power and declare himself the winner, doesn't mean you can't love them.... :wink:

U2Man said:

Well, I know it got sold out pretty quickly, that's for sure.:wink: And who cares about Coldplay? I guess Britney could sell out Forum in less than 10 minutes. Noone will remember Coldplay in 5 years :wink: As we all know...Coldplay lacks an edge :wink:

It makes no sense really comparing how long it took to sell out. It was the integrity and bandwidth of their ticket systems that decided how long it took to sell out. U2 could have sold out three nights in Parken in 1/10000000000 of a second with the right ticket booking system in place :wink:
Make that 4.

Yeah......What he said

Just a few more clips from Copenhagen from a Danish U2 site.

Vertigo
http://s50.you sendit.com/d.aspx?id=0DGQJVXFNPYZM2CPM8RRDHX0HZ

Yahweh - With the 7 seconds bit
http://s50.you sendit.com/d.aspx?id=0RLBBV2KMN26B12L3Z18G4YCJP

Back
Top Bottom