concert day advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ashments

Babyface
hey old timers! I'm a new u2 fan and I'm going to the first san diego show...I have GAs, but since I've never been to a u2 concert, I'm not sure how to get a good spot on the floor. Does anyone have some tips, like when to show up, etc?

thanks a ton!

You will definitely need to get there early if u want a primo spot!!! claim your spot once they open up the floor and u probably want to avoid drinking anything b4 the show or u will lose ur spot to use the lavatory!!! especially if u get up to the front of the crowd...u will enjoy your first U2 show i'm sure!! have fun!

I´ve been thinking about this too, going to see my first U2 gig this summer.. and pret-ty nervous about the fact that there will be 60,000 people. :huh: I mean how early am I supposed to be there? 60,000 people!! and everyone trying to get the best spot! :ohmy: I´m seriously horrified.

they generally only allow 1500 - 2000 on the floor. so you wont be battling 60,00. at msg i got there around 6:00 and ended up at the tip of the heart . i think i might have been lucky though. remember if you get there and alot of people are in front of you .98% of them are going to be inside the heart/egg.that means there are alot of great spots outside.

for an opening tour show...get there around 8-9am id say? during elevation, i was able to get in line around 10:30am and still got into the heart and up close...

To anyone who was in the heart/egg last time around:

Is it better to be inside or along the catwalk itself on either side? I'm trying to figure out what the best spot to fight for is.

I'm a bit of an old feller, and had seats for Elevation and now Vertigo... but I would like to go alone some time and experience the show from inside the heart. The energy levels must be Gynormous!!:ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom