Comparisons to first leg

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

basco

Babyface
I've been off the boards for a while and was wondering for those of you who have been to both legs of the US tour, how they compare. How has the production of the show been? Do the boys seem tired? Has the sound improved? I guess it depends on the venue, but when I saw them in San Jose earlier in the year I thought the sound was off, but that was very early in the tour so that could have been it.

I'm going to see them in Oakland in a few weeks and was just wondering how things are going.

everything has improved, as far as I'm concerned... better sound, better visuals, better band

basco said:
I've been off the boards for a while and was wondering for those of you who have been to both legs of the US tour, how they compare. How has the production of the show been? Do the boys seem tired? Has the sound improved? I guess it depends on the venue, but when I saw them in San Jose earlier in the year I thought the sound was off, but that was very early in the tour so that could have been it.

I'm going to see them in Oakland in a few weeks and was just wondering how things are going.

I went to San Jose, and eight shows since...sound is much better this leg, the only show this leg where the sound was subpar to me was NYC 10/14 but that may have been a function of where I sat, the sound was fine for the other four NYC shows that week. The guys seem quite energized as well.

basco said:
Do the boys seem tired?
At the third leg shows I've been to, the boys really seem to be enjoying themselves. There's some real genuine smiles on stage, more than I remember from Leg 1. I think they've really settled into the rhythm of touring, and have found a happy medium between their music and their families. They really seem to be enjoying themselves right now, and I know I shouldn't, but I'm really getting my hopes up for further touring in 2006.

All,
We were in the elipse in Detroit and I must say, though I went to the gig a bit miffed about the lack of setlist changes and what I perceived to be a cloud of stale air surrounding the current tour -- I previously saw two shows in Chicago in May -- I was completely blown away, once again, by the band. They're back in my opinion, though I'm not sure if they really went anywhere or if it was just me. Lots of smiles from all of them on stage, they looked to be enjoying themselves up there and they seemed very earnest and sincere about what they're doing. Two songs I thought I could do without -- Sunday, Bloody Sunday and Elevation -- were particularly good. These were my 21st and 22nd U2 shows, and I must say, both rank among the best, sound wise. Get your asses to the gigs, get in the elipse, and see -- once again -- why we all love this band so much. Hope to see some of you in Portland.
Brian

everythings better on the third leg except for the 1st encore

Did they bring the heartbeat graphics from the European tour on the Miracle Drug/SYCMIOYO transition onto this leg?

I had a great time at the Philly show I went to in May, but the two I went two last month were hands-down the best two concerts (U2 or otherwise) that I've attended. I expected the band to be worn down from their weeklong stint at Madison Square Garden, and Bono had a cold, but the energy level couldn't be beat, especially on the 17th. Edge jumped up and down, Bono cracked jokes, Adam flashed a huge smile as he circled the ramp during Streets. I was expecting a very similar experience to the spring show, but I couldn't believe how much better the fall shows were.

I think the sound quality will of course vary from venue to venue, and it's possible that the band could have an "off" night, but I think you'll be pleased with how much the tour has evolved since the spring. Have fun!

Their seems to be more emotion, Bono is interacting with the crowd a lot more. at least in my experiences.

The first legs shows were like "WOW, they put on a great rock show!" for me.

These fall shows have been that "emotion" you are used to getting from a u2 show, that feeling where you make your friends sick talking about for the next week.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom