code rejection...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

digsy

New Yorker
anyone else getting it?

never been used, never been touched in fact and i specifically save it for the 3rd leg. now its being rejected and i got nothing.
i've even copied and poasted it off the u2.com page where it says

ELLO HELLO
YOU'VE GOT CODE!

Welcome

Your Unique Presale Code to buy tickets for the Fall Leg of 'Vertigo Tour' is

um, no its not BECAUSE IT DOESNT FCKING WORK YOU TOSSERS!

sorry, i'm annoyed now... must be grateful i got tickets for UK leg though, must be grateful... bollocks who am i kidding, this is my trip to america going out the window with every passing minute i spend on hold to ticketmaster

As far as I understood the codes are only good for people in North America for the third leg. I know it sucks big time for people in Europe who want to participate in the pre-sale to see shows over here, but that is probably why your code is not working.

Did you receive another e-mail in the last two days saying you could participate in this pre-sale? If not, it's probably because you're not allowed to. Some people have been discussing this on Zootopia in the last few days.

fck that
you lot could by our dublin tickets whe we only have 2 concerts but we cant buy 2 tickets for one of your 33 concerts

i'm beginning to hate this

i still dont get why then it says on the frnot page - here is your code if i cant use it. adn where has it said anywhere that tickets are nationality dependent

There was a mention somewhere in one of the U2.com messages about this pre-sale being only for people in North America. I agree it's not fair that people from North America were able to participate in the 2nd leg/European pre-sale and now you guys can't participate in ours. But I think they did that to limit the number of people once again, and I'm pretty sure if there was a new added leg in Europe it would work the same way.

That being said, that doens't mean there aren't technical problems with codes like last time for people in the U.S. Mr. Brau you should contact Ticketmaster, Fanfire and U2.com ASAP

Here it is from U2.com. It's not very clear but it's there. They should have made clear that only people in North America could participate in this pre-sale, but I can understand why they're doing this this time around. Did you get the e-mail digsy?

Vertigo//2005 Tour

Presales for U2.Com Subscribers for the Fall leg of Vertigo//2005 Tour are underway this week.

General onsale for the thirty three Fall dates on the tour, begins at the end of this week and all the information on cities and dates can be found here

All U2.Com Subscribers in North America who did not buy tickets with their unique code in earlier presales, have been mailed with information on how to take part in presales for the Fall leg of the tour. Those Subscribers should use the link on the left of this page when the presale is open for the show they would like to attend.

oceane said:
Here it is from U2.com. It's not very clear but it's there. They should have made clear that only people in North America could participate in this pre-sale, but I can understand why they're doing this this time around. Did you get the e-mail digsy?

Vertigo//2005 Tour

Presales for U2.Com Subscribers for the Fall leg of Vertigo//2005 Tour are underway this week.

General onsale for the thirty three Fall dates on the tour, begins at the end of this week and all the information on cities and dates can be found here

All U2.Com Subscribers in North America who did not buy tickets with their unique code in earlier presales, have been mailed with information on how to take part in presales for the Fall leg of the tour. Those Subscribers should use the link on the left of this page when the presale is open for the show they would like to attend.

well my mails been down fo a bit so couldnt check it. however i presumed when, after it had vanished for a day, my pre-sale code popped up again on my homepage with the words "Your Unique Presale Code to buy tickets for the Fall Leg of 'Vertigo Tour' is"
meant that i would be able to use my code for the north american dates
i mean thats what it says right?

i'm gonna have to give up - i'm on a work line on hold to America
i'll get fired

Yeah that's strange that you had this message. It's definately not clear what the rule is. I'm sorry you have to go through this...

ebay here i come at 10 times the original price
thanks for you concern though :)

Are you sure you cutting and pasting your code? (Not just retyping it)., This is probably not the problem at all, but many people have had problems with some of the characters.

You can copy it from the U2.com home page (the red box) and paste it into the ticketmaster box.

Probably not your problem but if you haven't tried that it might not hurt.

digsy said:
thats what i did
no such luck

Mate just try in the general sale. I could have bought tickets for a lot of the first leg in the states if I wanted to them, I just tried and tickets were available (GA at that). It depends where you go. For places like Minneapolis etc, you'll get em, new york a bit trickier I suppose. No need to go down the ebay route yet..

MrBrau1 said:
I'm writing emails to all 3. I can't call and spend 3 hours on hold.

Good luck, buddy. I had a bad code yesterday, too. I spoke to people at Ticketmaster and Fanfire, and emailed 3 addresses as well. I was told my code would be renewed or I would be called. As of right now, I haven't heard anything from anybody.

So waiting on hold doesn't guarantee that your problem will be fixed anyway.

medmo said:

Good luck, buddy. I had a bad code yesterday, too. I spoke to people at Ticketmaster and Fanfire, and emailed 3 addresses as well. I was told my code would be renewed or I would be called. As of right now, I haven't heard anything from anybody.

So waiting on hold doesn't guarantee that your problem will be fixed anyway.

Wonderful. Thanks U2! I was one of your biggest defenders. Not anymore.

MrBrau1 said:

Wonderful. Thanks U2! I was one of your biggest defenders. Not anymore.

Yeah. It's frustrating, and I'm trying not to bitch too much. I know we weren't GUARANTEED tickets, but we paid for a service, and we should at least be guaranteed access to the system that distributes tickets. I can only hope now that they get mine fixed by next week.

MrBrau1 said:
I'm writing emails to all 3. I can't call and spend 3 hours on hold.

can you send me the mail adresses please

medmo said:

Yeah. It's frustrating, and I'm trying not to bitch too much. I know we weren't GUARANTEED tickets, but we paid for a service, and we should at least be guaranteed access to the system that distributes tickets. I can only hope now that they get mine fixed by next week.

We were guaranteed the chance at least. I don't want $169 seats, but I'd like that to be my choice, not some fucking codes.

medmo said:
All I know to do it keep trying. The people that bitched the loudest last time were the ones who got personal calls from Ticketmaster.

Digsy: I sent emails to:

orderhelp@fanfire.com
sbentley@signaturesnet.com

and the customer service address at ticketmaster, which I don't expect to do any good.

There were so many last time. Now there are only a few. U2 won't get thousands of emails, only a handful. We're probably considered "acceptable loss" in their eyes.

just sent them a mail now, not htat i actually expect a response

Back
Top Bottom