coca-cola sponsoring?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Se7en

Rock n' Roll Doggie
can anyone confirm u2log's metion of coca-cola sponsoring u2's run through s. america? i cannot find any corroboratory evidence...figured someone here would know or know where to look. thanks.

I can't see it on the U2log.com site. Where does it say that Coca Cola is sponsoring U2's Vertigo Tour in South America?

http://u2log.com/archive/2005/12/bonos_aires_part_2.php

Bonos Aires, part 2
celeste // 27-12-05 // 10:22 PM // Comments (12)
Tickets for the second Vertigo concert in Buenos Aires on March 2nd will go on sale tonight at midnight through www.ticketek.com.ar. The only credit card allowed to purchase tickets is a VISA, as this is the main sponsor of the tour in Argentina. The other sponsors are Coca-Cola and Movistar.

Franz Ferdinand will open for the band at both shows.

It is rumoured that local TV channel Telefe will broadcast the second show for the Argentinean audience.

They'll all be wearing red and white Vertigo clothing and 'Wake Up' will be replaced by the jingle penned by Jack White as the song played before the band hits the stage.

Enjoy!

was i the ONLY person who saw the giant coca-cola logo on the screen during streets?

In these "4th leg countries" they are more promoters' sponsors rather than band sponsors, the promoters get them independent of U2. I seem to recall, I think it was in Brazil for Popmart, that there was some controversy with one of the sponsors, the band didn't even know the entity was a sponsor.

Pop Artist said:
In these "4th leg countries" they are more promoters' sponsors rather than band sponsors, the promoters get them independent of U2. I seem to recall, I think it was in Brazil for Popmart, that there was some controversy with one of the sponsors, the band didn't even know the entity was a sponsor.

It was a beer brand, and the controversy was because they used a fake U2 playing on a TV ad.

Back
Top Bottom