COBL Light Curtain Messages?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Utoo

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
I just watched the awesome Pittsburgh dvd from Octagon & just noticed something..... If you watch the light curtains during COBL in slow motion, a series of Asian characters come down the curtain. The look like Japanese to me, but since I'm no language scholar, they could be fake characters for all I know.

Anyone notice this & know what they mean?

Knowing the band's history of putting hidden messages & sneaky things into album design and tours, and the use of a Vertigo targe symbol during some of the light show on the Elevation Tour, I'm curious........ Find a video from this tour & take a look! :yes:

Last edited:
D'oh. It's been a few months since I saw a show....I guess I forgot about them!

Still...anyone with any idea of what they mean, or if they're even real characters?

They come on during The Edge's slide parts during the "Time" bridge. Beyond that info, I have no idea what the symbols mean...

I might be wrong, but I'm sure that part (if not all) of the film used was taken during a drive through a Japanese city at night. Hence, the 'characters' are Japanese neon signs.

:rockon:

Yeah, they're Japanese. If someone could take a snapshot I could check to see what it meant.

Holy Batman! I forgot about this. I remember seeing this at the shows I went to and I'm curious for the translation. Glad somebody here remembered to ask.

Could it be -"Rock Song of the Year" ? :wink:

Back
Top Bottom