Cleveland Setlist Watch, Stream, and Party Part IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver, in terms of quality Fawlty Towers is better. Although, AD uses a greater array of comedic styles than Fawlty Towers which was mainly slapstick. AD also has chalked up around 40 (???) or so episodes, compared to 10-12 for Fawlty Towers, which counts for somthing I guess.

I still think The Games are better than both of them however. :wink:

I was a Journey fan so so long ago... I had front row seat to see them. I believe I still have the embroidered logo Members Only jacket. Probably worth a few bucks now :hmm:

Lila64 said:
I was a Journey fan so so long ago... I had front row seat to see them. I believe I still have the embroidered logo Members Only jacket. Probably worth a few bucks now :hmm:

I love journey! Even though I'm a little hesitent to say it sometimes. :lol:

timothius said:
Axver, in terms of quality Fawlty Towers is better. Although, AD uses a greater array of comedic styles than Fawlty Towers which was mainly slapstick. AD also has chalked up around 40 (???) or so episodes, compared to 10-12 for Fawlty Towers, which counts for somthing I guess.

I still think The Games are better than both of them however. :wink:

:up: I knew you'd provide a good perspective.

I actually kinda like the fact Fawlty Towers was only twelve episodes long. I mean, of course I wish there was more goodness, but they crammed such brilliance into the twelve shows they made and the quality doesn't ever take a nosedive. Each episode took seven weeks to make, apparently, and the effort sure paid off.

angelordevil said:

You should go to sleep now...:angel:

Victory will soon be mine!!! Heee-heee!

:macdevil:

I'm always up late, and I believe Khanada is too. And Axver, well he's on the other side of the world, so it's early for him.... You cannot win! :wink:

What was with the huge gap between Fawlty's two seasons as well? It was like four years or somthing? :hmm:

In reality they are all great and it's just like comparing Scott Styris and Brendon McCullum. Speaking of which.

:combust: :combust: :combust: :combust: :combust: :combust: :combust: :combust: :combust:

Axver said:

OK, I need an expert opinion and I suspect you or bonoman_2002 could actually give me a decent reply: how does this show compare to the greatness of Fawlty Towers? Almost as good, nearly as good, not as good, not even remotely close?

(I won't believe you if you say it's better.)

Fawlty Towers is the best comedy ever.

Lila64 said:

Watch out or I'll get Maverick to open a can of whoop ass on you!

What's he going to do?

Jump on a couch?
Whine when I squirt water on him?
Or play the "cocky guy" in every movie he's in?

seriously, these are the bulk of Tom Cruise's movie roles

All the Right Movies: Cocky football player
Risky Business: Cocky high schooler
Top Gun: Cocky pilot
Cocktail: Cocky bartender
The Color of Money: Cocky pool player
Rain Man: Cocky brother
Days of Thunder: Cocky racecar driver
A Few Good Men: Cocky lawyer
Interview with a Vampire: Cocky vampire
Jerry MacGuire: Cocky sports agent
Mission Impossible: Cocky secret agent