Cleveland Setlist Watch, Stream, and Party Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
corianderstem said:
If the band is bored with playing any songs, I hope they drop them. I'd rather I be bored, then listen to a bored band.

I just wish they'd stop tailor-making setlists for casual fans who really don't care about U2 and go grab a beer during One. I mean, the diehard fans are the folks who've supported U2's career for years and years - don't they deserve more than just a couple of token gestures?

Axver said:

I am hoping and praying that because U2 are doing two shows in Auckland this tour, they'd pull out One Tree Hill. That'd be a dream come true, and the Kiwi crowd will go INSANE.

The one time I saw U2 play One Tree Hill live, it was amazing. I feel very lucky to have heard that song live, one of the most emotional and beautiful U2 songs ever.

Axver said:

I am hoping and praying that because U2 are doing two shows in Auckland this tour, they'd pull out One Tree Hill. That'd be a dream come true, and the Kiwi crowd will go INSANE.

It's such a great song...so under-rated. A lot of songs that are tributes to someone who has died tend to suck because the artists try way too hard. This song is perfect though

LemonMacPhisto said:
the fun of spoobing is watching the girls chase each other...:drool:

i might come off as a sick bastard, but I'm not, I'm just a lover of the other gender

You're a lover, not a fighter?

skjuls said:

No,he's not.

How many monkeys do you know that love U2.

My son is 22 months and already dances to U2.

monkey.gif

Axver said:

That would be very cool...

God, what is up with this crowd... :|

I think the only time I got bored going to a concert and actually fell asleep was during KOL's set.

corianderstem said:
If the band is bored with playing any songs, I hope they drop them. I'd rather I be bored, then listen to a bored band.

I agree, and I also agree with your comment about how in concert you aren't bored hearing the "classics." For instance, I have to be in a certain mood for Stuck, and I'm not often in that mood, but it did sound pretty when played acoustic on Nov. 21. And there's always something to notice during the show, so even if you aren't crazy about a particular song, you watch the goings-on on stage more intently and notice something new, etc.

I think the 4th leg will be amazing

setlist-wise, crowd-wise

AND IS THAT THE GUTTENBERG ON VERONICA MARS???

I thought he lived in a hole in the ground since 1988

LemonMacPhisto said:
the fun of spoobing is watching the girls chase each other...:drool:

i might come off as a sick bastard, but I'm not, I'm just a lover of the other gender

it takes all kinds...me - i rather the same gender...

but i can not really look as i am taken...

one love, but its not the same...

Mike R.

blueyedpoet said:

It's such a great song...so under-rated. A lot of songs that are tributes to someone who has died tend to suck because the artists try way too hard. This song is perfect though

So true. The lyrics are helped so much by the topics weaved through it - I mean, it's more than just about Greg Carroll, you've got Christian apocalyptic beliefs, Maori mythology, social commentary, all sorts of great stuff and it's amazing. The live solo is to die for. :drool:

Here's i see the problem with playing staple songs:
The staples receive tremendous crowd participation and make the band feel like they're really loved, and yet the band are only really, really loved by us crazy fans not the idiots who go on beer and piss runs....my pee can wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom