Cleveland Setlist & Watch Party I

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
corianderstem said:
Yep, looks to be a pretty big flick. I went to the first showing today at a new, local theater with a friend. I'd never read the book, and only remembered a tiny bit of the animated version they'd done for TV when I was much younger.

I was very impressed with it. Tilda Swinton was AWESOME as the Witch.

The book is FANTASTIC! I read it in 7th grade for school and was the first in class to finish it. It's just so so good.

Narnia :drool:

corianderstem said:
Yep, looks to be a pretty big flick. I went to the first showing today at a new, local theater with a friend. I'd never read the book, and only remembered a tiny bit of the animated version they'd done for TV when I was much younger.

I was very impressed with it. Tilda Swinton was AWESOME as the Witch.

I think that movie and King Kong will do extremely well this year

I think King Kong has the possibility of breaking the box office record

KhanadaRhodes said:
:wave: hi everyone! :D

we actually have an audio source for tonight :drool: now i just have to decide when to start the pre-show party :hmm:

KHAAAAN! :wave:

khan7fr.jpg

Randomly, anyone here read anything by Leo Tolstoy, specifically The Death Of Ivan Ilych? I'm just sitting here reading it and was wondering if anyone else had and what their thoughts were.

Well, gee golly!
I just opened my i-tunes for the first time in, like, forever and found there's yet another Bono podcast downloading... Yippee!

Bono voice...:drool:

The advanced reviews for King Kong are saying it's great, I've heard. So far, however, I just have no urge to see it. I might go anyway. I would really like to see Memoirs of a Geisha, even though it's only getting so-so advanced reviews so far. I loved the book (except for the ending, which pissed me off).

Never read the Narnia books as a kid; I wasn't a big fantasy fan.

Hey, hey, hey, new people coming into the party!

Axver said:
Randomly, anyone here read anything by Leo Tolstoy, specifically The Death Of Ivan Ilych? I'm just sitting here reading it and was wondering if anyone else had and what their thoughts were.

I haven't read that one, but I have read War & Peace, and Anna Karenin.

Axver said:

Let me check with my other personality, I'll get back to ya, when it gets back to me :crazy:

I've only read Anna Karenina, which I only read recently. I'm currently reading Wuthering Heights, which I'd never read, either. There are just way too many classics I've never read.

corianderstem said:
The advanced reviews for King Kong are saying it's great, I've heard. So far, however, I just have no urge to see it. I might go anyway. I would really like to see Memoirs of a Geisha, even though it's only getting so-so advanced reviews so far. I loved the book (except for the ending, which pissed me off).

Never read the Narnia books as a kid; I wasn't a big fantasy fan.

Hey, hey, hey, new people coming into the party!

I remember Memoirs... got plugged like crazy on Medium a few weeks ago:

Patricia Arquette and her husband to see the movie, talk about the movie, receive calls and tell them they're going to see it, go to the theater and talk about the movie.

Product plugs and placements bother me, and now they're mostly on NBC :madspit:

I tried reading Wuthering Heights once and I couldn't get into it...I also have Anna Karenina but have yet to read that too.

Now Pride and Prejudice on the other hand...:drool:

For real, Lemon MacPhisto? That's ... disgusting, actually. Product placement is getting out of control.

In a sem-related topic, I was thrilled that there were no commercials before the movie today, only previews. :up:

Gen. Chat said:

:bow: I love that sig! :lol:

teehee, thanks, from the greatest Star Trek movie ever

Ricardo Montalban + The Shatner = awesomeness

I just wish that The Shatner and Chuck Norris do something together, or anything

or Chuck roundhouse kicks Kanye West in the face, why you ask?

because I want to see it :macdevil:

wenda said:
I tried reading Wuthering Heights once and I couldn't get into it...I also have Anna Karenina but have yet to read that too.

Now Pride and Prejudice on the other hand...:drool:

I haven't tackled P&P yet, but it's on my shelf. Wuthering Heights started off pretty quickly for me, but I'm getting bogged down by the fact that Heathcliff is such a jerk. :wink:

LemonMacPhisto said:

teehee, thanks, from the greatest Star Trek movie ever

Ricardo Montalban + The Shatner = awesomeness

I just wish that The Shatner and Chuck Norris do something together, or anything

or Chuck roundhouse kicks Kanye West in the face, why you ask?

because I want to see it :macdevil:

Bestest Star Trek villian ever and Ricardo Montalban's chest. :drool: :wink:

corianderstem said:
For real, Lemon MacPhisto? That's ... disgusting, actually. Product placement is getting out of control.

I wish I was kidding, but I'm not

and on The Office, the episode revolved around Christmas gifts, and Steve Carell wanted to do Yankee Swap to get an iPod (NBC recently has shows on iTunes now)

it makes me physically ill as well

sue4u2 said:

Let me check with my other personality, I'll get back to ya, when it gets back to me :crazy:

:lol:

Originally posted by corianderstem
I've only read Anna Karenina, which I only read recently. I'm currently reading Wuthering Heights, which I'd never read, either. There are just way too many classics I've never read.

So many good books out there. :drool: I've a whole suitcase full of an assortment of books to read. If there's one thing I love, it's a good book.

wenda said:

What time did you get there? Traffic bit so I only got in at 6:30...oy!

Someone texted me that they were doing wristbands at 9, so I jumped out of bed, got dressed, and ran over. As it turned out, they weren't, so I went back to my hotel and had breakfast, then went back around 11. I was so happy they let us wait inside! I'm glad I went up the night before, because I never would've gotten there that early otherwise.

I ended up on the rail, about five or six people from the side rail on Adam's side. My best GA spot yet! Where did you end up? I had friends who arrived around 7 and were about 15 people back on Edge's side.

corianderstem said:

I haven't tackled P&P yet, but it's on my shelf. Wuthering Heights started off pretty quickly for me, but I'm getting bogged down by the fact that Heathcliff is such a jerk. :wink:

P&P is just fantastic. I love Jane Austen's writing.

LemonMacPhisto said:

I wish I was kidding, but I'm not

and on The Office, the episode revolved around Christmas gifts, and Steve Carell wanted to do Yankee Swap to get an iPod (NBC recently has shows on iTunes now)

it makes me physically ill as well

I thought that episode was hilarious though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom