Chicago tickets selling for crazy prices!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MTEdge said:

The ticket prices for the Chicago shows are over-hyped. There is only one show in demand in Chicago, and that's the Saturday 5/7 show. (see my post in the "Tour Dates" thread http://forum.interference.com/t125133.html)

The weekday Chicago shows are falling far short of face value on ebay with the exception of GA's. Heck the GA's can be had for less than $300, which is cheaper than the remaining first leg shows (maybe except philly 5/22).

The September Chicago shows are a bit harder to find on ebay because they were selling at far less than face value. The scalpers caught on and are now waiting for the May shows to pass. (Same thing happened with the Oakland shows.) Additionally, the September Chicago shows had a hard time selling out in the first place. Again, only the GA's were selling above face on ebay. As a result, you are very likely to get primo seats at around face value for the September Chicago shows.

Just me thinks...

WooHoo! Thanks for the info. I think I persuaded my mom to come with me (she grew up in Chicago and my husband is getting burnt out on U2) - and my mom's never been to a concert of any kind in her LIFE. But she didn't want to pay "too much" and our ideas of "too much" for U2 tix are extremely different :wink:

Last edited:
MTEdge said:

The September Chicago shows are a bit harder to find on ebay because they were selling at far less than face value. The scalpers caught on and are now waiting for the May shows to pass. (Same thing happened with the Oakland shows.)

Just me thinks...

Interesting. I noticed the same thing with the October Philly shows. You can actually get really good seats right now for close to face value through the brokers - way cheaper than these May shows are going for. I'm wondering - do you think the prices for September Chicago and October Philly are going to go up once the first leg shows are over with?

matt_tx00 said:

Interesting. I noticed the same thing with the October Philly shows. You can actually get really good seats right now for close to face value through the brokers - way cheaper than these May shows are going for. I'm wondering - do you think the prices for September Chicago and October Philly are going to go up once the first leg shows are over with?

Absolutely!! GA's for the Oakland shows were selling for less than $200 a pair before the San Jose shows. After the San Jose shows, they shot up to $350 a pair.

Judging by the Elevation Tour, Chicago, however, is a weaker market third leg market though (as blasphemous as it is to say that). As I noted before, Chicago had a hard time selling out the September shows in the first place, which is similar to what happened with the Elevation Tour. Mind you, the Elevation Tour-third leg scared a lot of ppl because of the terrorist scare. I still feel that good Sept. Chicago seats will be available for close to FV though after the May shows.

unosdostres14 said:
It's worth it to pay 1,000 dollars for a crappy seat in Chicago. Chicago is the best city in the universe. That's not just me saying it, it's a fact.

Oh please.

Well, for giggles & grins we'll go along with that. Except in sports, where Boston rules and Chicago, well, lets silly fans reach out and catch pop flies that prevent their baseball team from winning a playoff series. Even with frigging TWO baseball teams you can't win anything. And spare us the discussions of antique Bulls and Bears teams. What have your teams done lately?

People c'mon ....

"That Toddlin Town"

"We touch the Ground at JFK"

2 great singers........
Two Great cities !!

He said from the distance as the wind cried......

u2girlcj said:
Crazy thread! I love it!

So I was contemplating going to Chicago this week, but now I'm not-so-much interested. So these prices for a 4 night series... This doesn't bode well for my chances of getting good seats at face for the 2 September Chicago shows now, does it! :mad:

maybe you can..I have seen auctions on ebay ending under face value for 100-level seats in September!!

GUESS I GOT LUCKY, I GOT ON ONLINE AND FOUND AN INDIVIDUAL SELLING HIS SEAT FOR $75 BECAUSE HE CANNOT MAKE IT. I JUST GOT THIS ON MONDAY, THE SHOW IS SATURDAY. I AM TRAVELING FROM OHIO. THE CLEVELAND SHOW IS IN DEC AND ITS SO FAR AWAY!

Headache in a Suitcase said:

ya win one damn championship in 86 years and all of a sudden you turn into mr. arrogant :wink:
I've always been Mr. Arrogant :wink: , but even before last year it amazed me how people picked on the Red Sox, but never mentioned that both the Cubs and White Sox hadn't won a World Series since before the Red Sox' 1918 win.

People c'mon ....

"That Toddlin Town"

"We touch the Ground at JFK"

2 great singers........
Two Great cities !!

Back
Top Bottom