Chicago II Setlist Watch and Party, Part IV - DO NOT POST U2.COM SETLIST!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok it is Minneapolis next isn't it? anyone have any idea how many hours it is behind UK?

LJT said:
Ok it is Minneapolis next isn't it? anyone have any idea how many hours it is behind UK?

Yep, Minneapolis and then Milwaukee before a week off, two Boston shows, and then the much anticipated five night run in NYC.

Minneapolis is in the same timezone as Chicago. Same goes for Milwaukee. Six hours behind the UK I believe.

Axver said:

Yep, Minneapolis and then Milwaukee before a week off, two Boston shows, and then the much anticipated five night run in NYC.
After those two Chicago shows, I definitely wouldn't discount those two Boston shows. I expect some great surprises!!

And for that matter, I'll be paying close attention to the Minneapolis and Milwaukee shows too, just to see what a "regular" setlist on the 3rd Leg looks like. If there even is such a thing.

Well they certainly havent played the same set two nights in a row:hmm:

cleazer said:
After those two Chicago shows, I definitely wouldn't discount those two Boston shows. I expect some great surprises!!

And for that matter, I'll be paying close attention to the Minneapolis and Milwaukee shows too, just to see what a "regular" setlist on the 3rd Leg looks like. If there even is such a thing.

It almost feels like they just treated that as Chicago V and VI. Will Boston get similar treatment? And I'm very curious to see just how long this variation manages to last. When will the set settle down? How will it settle down? U2 seem very eager to play new stuff but just aren't quite sure how to slot it in.

Minneapolis will be really interesting.

Avxer can you think of any time other than Lovetown shows where the set has varied as much over this past week and a half?

LJT said:
Avxer can you think of any time other than Lovetown shows where the set has varied as much over this past week and a half?

First week of Vertigo when they threw us for a loop and opened with LAPOE for the first time! :wink:

JT had some serious variation, especially on the first leg. First bit of October (starting with the 1981-08-16 Slane gig) saw them varying stuff as they muddled with the order - With A Shout even saw use as an opener!

Elevation also had some variety but I wouldn't say as much as this. They certainly never took apart the encore like today, except for the 2001-10-10 Notre Dame show. The fourth night stands on Elevation (Chicago, Boston) were pretty impressive too.

So we're down to 2 achtung songs now...
So they are really shaking things up then... Nice... I thought Discoteque had become a regular though...

Anyway, it's a nice setlist. Some great moments in there I bet!

Axver said:
Here's Fast Cars, courtesy of gorman. It's in .3gp format, which plays on Quicktime, RealPlayer, and iTunes.

http://s5.you send it.com/d.aspx?id=18C1Y9OZT881Z1DWJI2FXTVZLB

This video is absolutely fantastic.

I want to see Fast Cars live so badly, OH GOD please let them play this in NY, PLEASE.....:love:

Avxer i uploaded some tracks of my 3rd favourite band The Divine Comedy in my journal....check them out if you want...and i advise you to listen to them all, as there is quite a variety of tracks there:yes:

LJT said:
Avxer i uploaded some tracks of my 3rd favourite band The Divine Comedy in my journal....check them out if you want...and i advise you to listen to them all, as there is quite a variety of tracks there:yes:

Oooh, music! :hyper:

ramblin rose said:

This video is absolutely fantastic.

I want to see Fast Cars live so badly, OH GOD please let them play this in NY, PLEASE.....:love:

:crack: I have been busy. So I just watched this clip without any knowledge of what was on it other than fast cars. :crack: THAT girl is the luckiest girl of the tour hands down. :faint:

EPandAmerica said:

:crack: I have been busy. So I just watched this clip without any knowledge of what was on it other than fast cars. :crack: THAT girl is the luckiest girl of the tour hands down. :faint:

I know. :drool: Getting to do the "Bono Fast Cars Dance" with him. :drool: :drool:

dude, this first time video is AWESOME. i love U2, i hope they play either of or both of these shows in Philly.

Axver said:
Awesome setlist indeed! I love what U2 have done at the last two shows! :up:

Just like yesterday, let me present the set again so we may drool over it.

City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Elevation
The Electric Co. / Bullet With Butterfly Wings (snippet)
The Ocean
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
Beautiful Day / Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (snippet) / Many Rivers To Cross (snippet)
Miracle Drug
In A Little While (snippet) / Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own / The Black Hills of Dakota (snippet) / Torna A Surriento (snippet)
Yahweh
Love And Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky / The Hands That Built America (snippet) / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet)
Miss Sarajevo
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
Where The Streets Have No Name
One / Ol' Man River (snippet)

Encore(s):
Bad / The First Time (snippet)
Original Of The Species
With Or Without You / Love Will Tear Us Apart (snippet)
Fast Cars
All Because Of You

:drool:

good god. I hope they keep up this mixing it up stuff. Even if he forgets the words and has to get the lyrics! I love that for some reason. Something spontaineous(sooo don't remember how to spell this lol) :)

:drool: :drool: :drool:

Okay, just a few comments about the show last night. (I was there)

I like that the set list was mixed up a bit but I was a bit bored by the show. It was a little too mellow for me.
Don't get me wrong, people were into it but the song selection wasn't the greatest.
I was extremely disappointed that Discotheque wasn't played. :sad:
The best part of the show was when miroslava danced for bono. :hyper: We were going nuts.
I hurt my knee about an hour before the show so that didn't contribute to my enjoyment either.

All in all, I'd say the setlist was just "okay." :wink:

Did Bono mention anything about messing up Walk On on the previous night?

THAT was Miroslava!?!?!
:shocked:
Holy crap!!!
Congratulations!
You looked so calm and collected.

OMG, that was the greatest dance sequence of the tour.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!:shocked:

Please tell us what you were saying and what Bono was saying back to you.

This will be the greatest story ever.:ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom