Chicago II Setlist Watch and Party, Part IV - DO NOT POST U2.COM SETLIST!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Axver said:
I can't believe some people are seemingly disappointed. Bloody hell, ask for change, U2 do something we never expect, but it's not the change you expressly wanted so you get upset. Hell, I want One Tree Hill --> Heartland --> A Sort Of Homecoming as the first encore but I'll take whatever variation I can get from U2.

And what do you all say to video of Original Of The Species from gorman? Looks like Bono on guitar, Edge on piano from the first few seconds ...

I haven't seen the video....but I agree with your assessment....and almost everything else U2! Great work again....:up:

...and Gorman too:)

Axver said:
I can't believe some people are seemingly disappointed. Bloody hell, ask for change, U2 do something we never expect, but it's not the change you expressly wanted so you get upset. Hell, I want One Tree Hill --> Heartland --> A Sort Of Homecoming as the first encore but I'll take whatever variation I can get from U2.

I'll say that if I saw both nights, I'd be pretty happy with the decent variation and surprise factor between the two shows in Chicago. If I saw just tonight, I'd probably eb somewhat bummed, especially knowing what standards didn't make tonight's set.

T.B.

evieangelique said:
From a friend still there:

at the end, bono took off his cowboy hat and set it on the mic stand and walked off. then, when larry finished, he walked around his drumkit, took bono's hat off the stand, put it on, grinned, waved and walked off.

:cute:

For real?!
Can't wait to see pictures of that!!

Axver said:

And what do you all say to video of Original Of The Species from gorman? Looks like Bono on guitar, Edge on piano from the first few seconds ...

I don't get it either. I'm happy as long as I'm in the same building with U2 playing music. :shrug: I have crappy seats on Friday and Sunday. I'm going to 11 shows total this tour and didn't get a single GA ticket but at least I'm there 11 times. The six shows I've been to so far were awesome and I can't wait until the others! I doubt most people would really complain if they were at the concert. It's easy to complain when you're sitting at your computer and not at the concert.

By the way Axver....One Tree Hill --> Heartland --> A Sort Of Homecoming.....what a beautiful thought :heart: :drool:

evieangelique said:
From a friend still there:

at the end, bono took off his cowboy hat and set it on the mic stand and walked off. then, when larry finished, he walked around his drumkit, took bono's hat off the stand, put it on, grinned, waved and walked off.

:cute:

We need kelly to find pics. Wake up woman!!!

:wink:

ramblin rose said:
Like I said tonight's setlist came down to taste. We got Fast Cars, WGRYWH, OOTS, Bad, and totally different encore structure.

It was definately not the standard setlist, whether or not you or I like the song choices is a different discussion.

They did shake up the setlist substanteously tonight.

But I'm curious to know: did you like the song choices?

Let's start that different discussion.

Pop Artist said:

Back of his head was balding in 1996... :shh: The front seems to be thinning (again) in the past couple of months.

He was very obviously balding in the spring of '92. He'd get to sweating during a show and have an odd ring around the top of his head.
I hope this doesn't burst anyone's bubble about how natural Bono's hair is. I still :love: him.

And at this point, Bono's natural color is, infact, grey.

I'm thrilled. I will be attending consecutive shows in all of the cities I'm going to (with the exception of Houston/Dallas).

I can only hope that they change it up like this. In fact this practically seals the fact that I'll be adding Atlanta to my other 7 cities.

U2dork said:

He was very obviously balding in the spring of '92. He'd get to sweating during a show and have an odd ring around the top of his head.
I hope this doesn't burst anyone's bubble about how natural Bono's hair is. I still :love: him.

And at this point, Bono's natural color is, infact, grey.

Yep. Just that I saw the back bald spot in person in '96. :) I just hope this hair hangs in there until the end of the tour...still having nightmares about the horrible hairpiece he wore for the 3rd leg of Elevation. And yes I still :heart: him too. :)

Miringeltje said:

But I'm curious to know: did you like the song choices?

Let's start that different discussion.

Honestly, I loved all of the additions/changes. But I agree with the person who said this was great for the people attending both shows.

If I was only going to 1 and missed out on Discoteque I might be a little disappointed. Luckily I won't be having that problem.
:wink:

For those who don't think Bono is concerned about his hair...

Bono w/ Edge beanie:

bonobeanie0kt.jpg

Back
Top Bottom