Chicago II Setlist Watch and Party - DO NOT POST U2.COM SETLIST!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
timothius said:
*sigh*

I'm going to try and get some work dont before popping in closer to the start time.

*throws a pack of Tim-Tams on the table*

I know they are overrated guys, but I thought you might appreciate them. :wink:

You know what's over-rated? Being an Aucklander. :wink:

timothius said:
*sigh*

I'm going to try and get some work dont before popping in closer to the start time.

*throws a pack of Tim-Tams on the table*

I know they are overrated guys, but I thought you might appreciate them. :wink:

throws these on the table!
Smarties.jpg

oceane said:

Apparently this is what happened for Fast Cars nad The First Time.

I think there were reports of them rehearsing Fast Cars before the person asked about it. No?

Utoo said:
GG---I wanted to say great catch on the Pop symbols. I was really impressed when they used it a few days later.

Thanks. :wink: The moment I saw them there, I knew something had to be up. It was so exciting (I thought they were going to play some Pop songs to kick off the 3rd leg).

oceane said:

Hmm... I actually have my doubts about the power of signs asking for songs. It's really rare that U2 will play something that they haven't rehearsed, unless it's a really simple song or they have played it not long ago. So I think that fans with signs can encourage them and give them ideas, but it's unlikely they will play the requested song all of a sudden, unless they had planned to do it anyways.

Asking them before the show has a greater chance IMO, because if they want to play it they can always do a quick rehearsal during soundcheck. Apparently this is what happened for Fast Cars nad The First Time.

Yea you're probably right. Getting to them before the show would likely be the best chance, but for folks who couldn't.. there's always the sign!

Utoo said:

I think there were reports of them rehearsing Fast Cars before the person asked about it. No?

Yeah, but this might have been someone else. There is an interview with Edge on U2.com (came out today), and he says that the idea of playing Fast Cars came from a fan talking to Bono outside in Toronto.

oceane said:

Yeah, but this might have been someone else. There is an interview with Edge on U2.com (came out today), and he says that the idea of playing Fast Cars came from a fan talking to Bono outside in Toronto.

Awesome!

Question about last night: on U2tours.com they say that they did NOT use the Pop Musik intro during Discotheque. Anyone knows if it's true, and if yes, was there any intro at all?

Speaking of that new interview...
What do y'all think of the new song for the movie soundtrack?
Personally, I'd like to hear it without Andrea Corr.

Looks like I'll have to read the responses later. Time to go back to work.

Any way a non-U2.com member like myself could get a copy of that interview & maybe the song from a member....? :shh: :reject:

oceane said:
Question about last night: on U2tours.com they say that they did NOT use the Pop Musik intro during Discotheque. Anyone knows if it's true, and if yes, was there any intro at all?

I thought someone here said Pop Muzik was used but there was a malfunction with the screen and the visual effects did not appear.

RavenBlue said:
I can't get to the interview as I'm not a member of U2.com. I wish they'd make these things accessible to all fans.

So do I. :| At least at the old U2.com, difficult as it was to navigate, they didn't force you to fork over $40 for their content.

Utoo said:
Any way a non-U2.com member like myself could get a copy of that interview & maybe the song from a member....? :shh: :reject:

I would have absolutely no moral problem copying it and posting it right here right now. Will I be banned if I do this?

Folks, believe it or not, gorman is in the ellipse AGAIN.

Axver said:
Folks, believe it or not, gorman is in the ellipse AGAIN.

Crikey! Well, I guess that means some goodies for the rest of us stuck at home...:yes:

oceane said:

I would have absolutely no moral problem copying it and posting it right here right now. Will I be banned if I do this?

I've seen people copy stuff from U2.com to here before and I don't think anything bad happened to them ...

Utoo said:

Crikey! Well, I guess that means some goodies for the rest of us stuck at home...:yes:

Let's hope so! I believe that if anything new/exciting is played today, the same will happen as yesterday - he'll send to me and I'll YSI it.

Oh my God the funniest thing just happened on TV.

There is this stupid show in Quebec called 'Star Academie', kind of our version of American/Canadian Idol.

So all the contestants are there and they are visiting Paul Martin, Canadian Prime Minister, some kind of lame attempt to raise his profile in Quebec or something.

And they ended the segment with all the contestants signing "One" together WITH PAUL MARTIN SINGING!:lmao:

Priceless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom