Chicago I Setlist Watch and Party Part IV- DO NOT POST U2.COM SETLIST

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

neutral

genius of compression, Forum Moderator
forty miles from atlanta, this is nowhere
!
Originally posted by Axver
Here's the set, just so we can drool over it again!

City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Elevation
The Electric Co. / See Me, Feel Me (snippet)
The Ocean
Walk On
Beautiful Day / Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (snippet) / Many Rivers To Cross (snippet)
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own / The Black Hills of Dakota (snippet)
Yahweh
Love And Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky / The Hands That Built America (snippet) / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet)
Miss Sarajevo
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
Where The Streets Have No Name
One / Ol' Man River (snippet)

Encore(s):
Discothèque
The Fly / Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car (snippet)
With Or Without You
All Because Of You
The First Time
Bad / 40 (snippet)

i am DYING to hear "Discotheque" from either Toronto or tonight's concert. anyone see what guitar edge is using for Discotheque on this tour???

SETLIST:
City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Elevation
The Electric Co. / See Me, Feel Me (snippet)
The Ocean
Walk On (acoustic)
Beautiful Day / Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (snippet) / Many Rivers To Cross (snippet)
Miracle Drug
Yahweh
Love And Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky / The Hands That Built America (snippet) / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet)
Miss Sarajevo

Encore(s):
Discothèque
With Or Without You
All Because Of You
The First Time (Bono and Edge)
Bad / 40 (snippet)

:happy:

you know.. this mean HELL to me.. because now I have to download the first 5 shows of the leg...

Toronto 1 - because is the first... gotta have the first
Toronto 2 - the sound is suposed to be so good that is a must have
toronto 3 - Out of control with other guys.. Bono on fire... Fast Cars.. enough
Toronto 4 - DIS-CO-THEQUE... Eddie Veder.... boomcha

Chicago 1 - Walk On / The First Time / Boom-chas? :hmm:

I'll go to hell if tomorrow they play Mofo or something :crack:

1.gif

This may just be the best setlist of the tour. Historical at least for the First Time factor. To save repeating myself, here's what I posted on the main page of u2-vertigo-tour.com, plus the set (I've added a snippet or two to what neutral put in the original post).

At Chicago's first show of the third leg, there were some major surprises. The most amazing surprise was the performance of The First Time for, yes, the first time. At some fourth leg shows of ZooTV, an abbreviated First Time was added to the end of Bad just before it exploded into Bullet The Blue Sky, but beyond such a snippet, it had never been played live before. No U2 song has ever not been played on the tour supporting its album and then been played live on a later tour - until now. This is also the first time (pardon the pun) a song from the Zooropa album has been played on the Vertigo Tour and the first time a Zooropa song other than Stay has been played in North America. While on the topic of Zooropa, Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car was snippeted in The Fly. At least one song from every single U2 album has now been played on the Vertigo Tour - the last time a song from every single album (released up to that point in time) was played on a tour was back on 1989's Lovetown Tour.

In other news, Walk On made its first full live appearance since its performance at a Grammy's ceremony in February 2002, and today was performed acoustically with Bono forgetting the lyrics at the end and having to find a lyrics sheet! Discotheque remained in the setlist and Yahweh moved to the middle of the set to make way for The First Time in the encore.

The full setlist was:

City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Elevation
The Electric Co. / Break On Through (snippet) / See Me, Feel Me (snippet)
The Ocean
Walk On
Miracle Drug
Yahweh
Love And Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Miss Sarajevo

Encore(s):
Discothèque
With Or Without You
All Because Of You
The First Time
Bad / 40 (snippet)

Just got home from the show. Wow! Totally incredible setlist and performance indeed! Not bad, I have been to two shows this tour, Chicago IV on 5/12 and tonight's show. Got to see of the very best shows of the tour!!!

FYI, when the band showed up today a guy asked Bono to play Daddy's Gonna Pay and Bono's face lit up. He said GREAT idea, asked the guy his name and said he would try to fit it in. Only a snipet, but still very cool.

Also, I was next to the group with the mofo signs and the guys actually acknowledged them saying they knew that one. Was thinking it might have snuck in. Maybe tomorrow?

I JUST GOT HOME FROM THIS CONCERT AND I AM SPEECHLESS. IT WAS AMAZING. I DON'T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO SAY. SO MANY SNIPPETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's my vote that JustaGirl who taped the 5/12 Chicago show made it out to tonight's show as well. Her recording of the 5/12 show is one of the best quality boots out there!

My oh my!!
I shouldn't have said anything about combusting earlier.
'Cause my glass decided to do just that, while I was drinking from it!
I guess it was shocked too.

Finally got home from the concert. Wow! What a great show and surprising setlist. Axver's setlist looks accurate, although I thought I heard a little of "Three Little Birds" tonight as well..."Don't worry about a thing, cause every little thing's gonna be alright." I think it was before "Many Rivers to Cross"...or maybe I just imagined it.

Here's a video clip of The First Time (taken with my digital camera). I didn't get the first few seconds, as I was in total shock.

http://s60.you send it.com/d.aspx?id=01TLRY489WWEF0R490U9JFPMSM

Louis

just when u2 setlists looked super static they go and do what u2 always do and proof once again that they are the best and make concerts orgasmic. who would have thought they would bring back zooropa songs and pop songs (and the rockin', kick ass pop songs). if they play MOFO on this tour, i'd flip!!!

Louis said:
Here's a video clip of The First Time (taken with my digital camera). I didn't get the first few seconds, as I was in total shock.

http://s60.you send it.com/d.aspx?id=01TLRY489WWEF0R490U9JFPMSM

Louis

That was awesome Louis...much thanks for sharing.

Good shot of the teleprompter.

Any song is possible.

Dirty Day?

Hmmm,

my song would be

ACROBAT

tomorrow night?

:drool:

nuke126 said:
just when u2 setlists looked super static they go and do what u2 always do and proof once again that they are the best and make concerts orgasmic. who would have thought they would bring back zooropa songs and pop songs (and the rockin', kick ass pop songs). if they play MOFO on this tour, i'd flip!!!

Before this summer I didn't own a single U2 album.
Out of all I have bought until now, I think Zooropa surprised me the most.
The only song I thought I knew of Zooropa was "Lemon" and only a Dutch word comes close to describing what I thought of that song.
Mind you, it wasn't good.
I've changed my mind now though.
I somehow get the impression that Zooropa is very underrated.
And I am very glad to hear that a song from that album got played.
It totally deserves some recognition!

Back
Top Bottom