Chicago I Setlist Watch and Party - DO NOT POST U2.COM SETLIST

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
GibsonGirl said:
I don't think South Africa will ever see another show again. Maybe on the "Farewell Tour" if they go for something like that...but most likely not.

Maybe Bono will grace South Africans with his holy presence at another charity/Mandela gig. :|

Did you see this thread, by the way? http://forum.interference.com/t139970.html Could use your input about the economic status of the RSA.

*:hug:s the Kiwis, Aussies, and other assorted not-currently-listed-as-getting-tour-dates people* Wish there was a way we could ship them down there for you guys :hug:

Axver ,
Have no fear , 2 friends of mine ( 1 with Universal in melbourne & 1 with ticketek ) have both independently confirmed u2 will play here in march .
2 nights brisbane ( indoor )
4 nights sydney entertainment centre ( indoor )
2 nights optus oval ( outdoor )
The delay has been partly caused by the promoter ( michael coppel ) trying to find a free venue in melbourne . At one point they thought they may have had to skip melbourne for lack of free venues ( with the commonwealth games in town ) .............
Will let you know when i hear concrete dates !!
I'm in nyc for the shows in oct and will try and re-confirm all this....

Axver said:

I want to know what's so fucking special about North America that warrants them getting more shows in a single tour than we've had in all of U2's career.

Hey, who gives a shit that the most people per capita to attend U2 shows come from New Zealand? Kiwis suck! Let's play for all the holy fucking Yanks!

Ouch :rant:

beau2ifulday said:

I'm going to extend the :yikes: to German too...!

Learning the gender of things like tables and windows is slightly frightening, I'll admit.

Damn you, das, die und der!

GibsonGirl said:

Learning the gender of things like tables and windows is slightly frightening, I'll admit.

Damn you, das, die und der!

we learnt it as der die das...it makes it sound like dirty ass:wink:

kellyahern said:

A table has a gender? Did that happen in French? God, it's so long ago I don't remember :reject:.

In French too - the object is either masculine or feminine (but at least with French, there are usually hints in how the word itself is spelt).

celticbhoy said:
Axver ,
Have no fear , 2 friends of mine ( 1 with Universal in melbourne & 1 with ticketek ) have both independently confirmed u2 will play here in march .
The delay has been partly caused by the promoter ( michael coppel ) trying to find a free venue in melbourne . At one point they thought they may have had to skip melbourne for lack of free venues ( with the commonwealth games in town ) .............

Oooh, that's very exciting! :hyper: I've seen conflicting stories going around about U2 coming down here - one report from Universal said it was essentially highly unlikely while others have spoken about the venue trouble in Melbourne. A recent interview with Edge in a Toronto paper didn't make things sound very good either.

I very sincerely hope your sources are right, because I'm starting to become quite disillusioned with U2 here. I don't like thinking so badly of a band whose music I truly love.

celticbhoy said:
Axver ,

Have you brought your cheer and glee into this thread:

http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=138842&pagenumber=1

Seems like everyone has inside information into the Australian touring scene, except its all conflicting.

:|

kellyahern said:

A table has a gender? Did that happen in French? God, it's so long ago I don't remember :reject:.

I believe out of the world's eleven most major languages, English is the only one that doesn't use genders for inanimate objects.

At least, that's what I heard.

kellyahern said:

Yes. It's either das Tisch or der Tisch. For that matter, it might even be die Tisch! I should know this, considering that I have a German quiz tomorrow. :hmm: Ah well, worth 2% of the final mark, therefore not important.

I hate it when inanimate objects have genders. :| They do do it in French, which is why I was awful at French.

Axver said:

I want to know what's so fucking special about North America that warrants them getting more shows in a single tour than we've had in all of U2's career.

I would like someone to stand in the front row at a Vertigo concert with a big fuck off sign that reads;

"U2 2005 - The Goal Is $oul"

and hold it up during every song off The Bomb.

Honestly - can you even imagine them doing an arena tour of Europe? 'Many night' stands in each major city over the course of months and months? I can't, and neither can they, which is why they give Europe stadiums. Less shows, but satisfy the populace.

Face it - U2 are a US touring band and not much else.

Earnie Shavers said:

I would like someone to stand in the front row at a Vertigo concert with a big fuck off sign that reads;

"U2 2005 - The Goal Is $oul"

and hold it up during every song off The Bomb.

Honestly - can you even imagine them doing an arena tour of Europe? 'Many night' stands in each major city over the course of months and months? I can't, and neither can they, which is why they give Europe stadiums. Less shows, but satisfy the populace.

Face it - U2 are a US touring band and not much else.

True, very true. But is the energy level better indoors than outdoors? Maybe that's why. I'd surely like to know the reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom