Chicago Fans - How'd you fair with the presale?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

woowoo2

Babyface
I got in right away and had no luck getting any GA tix. I'm so pissed right now and not very happy with this process or U2.:madspit:

How did it go for you?

Guess I'll try again for GA on Saturday...

Last edited:
No luck for me either. Lots of site errors, got through shortly after 10 but best seats were at the top of the far end.

Same thing happened to me. I was refreshing constantly leading up to 10am. Finally I got in, pasted my password, selected GA, and clicked find tix all within abuot 5 seconds. I had an initial wait time of under a min and then it popped up that the GA tix were all gone. What a scam.

I tried for another few minutes before giving up on GA's. I ended up with Section 309, 4th row. Not too bad for 49 bucks I guess, they are at least at cetner stage.

The "best available" $95 tix were worse than what I got, so thank god for small favors.

Will try again Saturday as well.

I scored 2 tickets section 120 row 8 right by the stage. My girlfriend scored 2 tickets in the same section but row 13. Can you believe we spent $700 for 4 tickets??!?!?! On top of everything we are flying from Texas for the show, but have a free place to stay for the weekend.

Can anyone tell me if section 120 are pretty good seats? They are to the right of stage on Adams side. Thanks.

Same here. Started trying right at 10, and ended up in the nosebleeds. Paying 95 too! That presale was a fucking joke. You've got the entire middle portion of this country going after tickets for 2 shows in Chicago. Most probably tried for the saturday one, like me. Although I feel glad to even have tickets, pissed because I wasted all the fucking money and time on this shit! BAH!

Very upset!!!

No general admission floor tickets at all. The expensive seats were in the back of the arena, never got offered better than section 103.

This process sucks!! Whose to blame? Ticketmaster or U2.com?

I'm ready to start a class action lawsuit against u2.com website for false promises.

Are their any blessings for us, i didn't kneel, did i need to?

I paid my dues only to be sent to the back of the room.

Very upset!!!

No general admission floor tickets at all. The expensive seats were in the back of the arena, never got offered better than section 103.

This process sucks!! Whose to blame? Ticketmaster or U2.com?

I'm ready to start a class action lawsuit against u2.com website for false promises.

Are there any blessings for us, i didn't kneel, did i need to?

I paid my dues only to be sent to the back of the room.

I went for Monday night - 2 tickets, section 104. Not bad, right?

Damn, that was soooooo stressful. :)

How'd I fare?

Well, I got in right away and had 2 general admission tickets to 5/9. My sister did also. When I went to the checkout, put in my credit card ID and hit submit I got the error a lot of people here are talking about. So, I lost my tickets and now my presale code is gone. There better be some serious explaining for this.

I got third level seats for $49.50. Of course at 10 a.m., all of the floor seats were gone.

My question is to all of us, I guess. How much should U2 care about their fans? I mean, they gave us a presale and no doubt the supply fell very very short of the demand. What else should they do? They went with Ticketmaster because of their monopoly on the market, it's not U2's fault that there were login problems.

I don't know. Maybe we put too much faith in rock n' roll bands.

Matt

I had 2 GA tickets, put in my billing info, and then I was slapped with an unknown error page. I tried and tried, but nothing was working. Finally, it locked out my password, and I was left with no tickets. I immediately called Ticketmaster, and they told me there was nothing they could do, and I had to contact U2.com. So I found a phone number for U2.com and called. I spoke with a guy who probably wasn't too excited to be receiving phone calls from fans. However, he said this was entirely in the hands of Ticketmaster, and there was literally nothing he could do.

As I felt my awesome GA tickets slip further and further away, I called Ticketmaster back. This time, I spoke with someone in the pre-sales department who knew about the problem, and transferred me back to customer service. I waited on hold for 18 minutes. Finally, someone picked up, and she said that everyone was reaching this "dead-end." She promised they were working hard on the problem, and that someone would call me as soon as things were working.

I'm certainly not holding my breath.

I'm so sorry guys. This is such crap from U2's camp to not have enough supply for there demand. I mean, you think they would have learned from the crap U2 fans had to go through to get tickets for Elevation. I have been preaching for the the past few months for them to just play stadiums for the fans. Just charge $50 to $100 a seat make the fans happy.

I was unsuccessful. I was only after GA's (it's a 6 hour drive, so I wanted something really good) and it sounds like nobody got them. I'll probably give it a shot saturday and see if I get lucky. I'm really hoping for a Minneapolis stop in the fall. I'll go all out for that one.

Got in right away. NO GA tickets left. I kept trying to put in my code and got an Internal Error message for nearly fifteen minutes. Finally got offered nosebleed seats, section 304. I took them, of course, but I'm most definitely calling in this weekend during the general sale. I figure I can get GA that way, and sell the tickets I got today.

All in all, it was a very crappy experience. Now that I'm coming off my "OhmygodI'mgoingtoseeU2again" high, I'm starting to feel very aggravated and bitter about the whole thing.

I got in immediately-had two GA tix-filled out all the info-then hit the send button- got a message saying "there was a problem with your order" try again later. i tried to repeatedly to send it again, but no luck. double-checked everything. then the wait time expired, my code went void, byt the time i called ticketbastard and got a new one, the good seats were gone

this was not an error on my part. i've ordered from ticketmaster a bazillion times before with no problems.

fuck u2 for outsourcing an effective fan club to a shady operation like fanfire. propaganda worked fine and was built by the fans. was the fanfire money as much as the ipod money? one has to wonder...

calling principal in a few minutes to bitch. this is the biggest joke ever. i want my u2.com $20 back

got section 109 for the Saturday show - my main concern is the the floor plan changed fromt eh one that I printed last night and the one that is shown when I purchased the tickets :huh:

Same boat as the rest of you, in after 10 secs and no GA's. Finally got 312 for the 9th. I'm sure there will be more dates when these 2 sell out, plenty more chances for GA. Not like the propaganda days, not like U2 to not be in more control of this. I think the demand for tix will have grown, (if possible) since Elevation so good luck to you all getting onto the floor.

I logged in right at 10:00am to join the U2.com presale (which is the main reason why I bought the $40 membership) and was very disappointed that there supposedly were no GA tickets available for the 9 May concert in Chicago by 10:05am!

Since I had the flexibility of purchasing either one or two tickets (I am going alone but thought that either I could sell or trade the other one), I decided that my best option under these circumstances was to go for the next option which was a single ticket at the $95 range (I cringe when I think of the money I am spending on this whole ordeal).

I ended up in the upper decks midcenter section but thankfully in the first row of that section so I should have at least a fairly decent view of the happenings on the stage (fingers crossed).

I am not happy with this whole process from the $40 registration fee to U2.com to all of the hassles with Ticketmaster and all of the various ups and downs of the takeoff of this tour, but at least I am going to Chicago (my hometown) to be with Bono and about 50,000 of his closest friends to celebrate his b-day (10 May)!

I guess it could be worse - but not by much.

I started as soon as they'd let me and the only mid-price (95$) tix they showed were side-stage and upper level!

I then tried best available and got some seemingly so-so spotted $165 tix (back rows of 2nd level I think). Then I tried $165 lower level and got a seemingly good spot, just back of GA lower level, but I balked at the bucks (it'll be a bit of an indulgence for me to go to Chicago, though not anything like a lot of you all are doing!) so they had disappeared into the released-ether when I finally swallowed hard and clicked on 'continue'.

These seats were the only ones that came up with a little note of 'special U2 fanclub pre-sale discount section!' in red next to the description. Since 165$ is allegedly the highest tix price I don't quite get what that means, other than those were meant to be highlighted as these 'best of' seats U2.com was supposed to be saving for the subscribers.

Last resort I tried best-available cheap tix, since I was suddenly feeling cheap and just wanting to get in the door for the lowest price, and got upperlevel farback but it was at least centerstage so I panicked and bought em.

I'd guessed that by then GA was gone, and I'm short on height and time to wait on line to get in anyhow....

I sorta feel like I wasted my precious fancode...yech, but somewhat relieved to just have a ticket at all.

Here's hoping it's such a big show they'll blow me away even from a mile down...and that others had better luck...

cheers!

Chicago presale

OK long post here. Was online at 9:30 AM and ready to go. Kept refreshing from 9:58 until the page became available. Put in for GA tickets and got an internal server error message after about a 3 minute wait while Ticketmaster was searching. Had problems until approx. 10:30 when Ii presume the traffic started to lighten up. Decided to go for "best available" and kept getting tickets in the back (where I was last time) or 300 level seats. I threw tickets back into the system at least 9 or 10 times and I bounced back and forth between Saturday's show and Monday's show. Finally I just decided to go with seats for Mon night in section 106 which puts me in about the same place I was for Elevation. The final total was about $350. Ouch! :mad: To the person who has seats on the side of the stage by Adam, I've had seats like that twice. Once for ZOOTV on Adam's side, and we liked them. We were in the first row and even with an obstructed view it was great because Bono would come over and he was right there! Know what I mean? But it sounds like you'll have an even better view. The second time was on Edge's side of the stage during Pop Mart and we liked those too. Also people from Propaganda (or maybe the band's crew) were offering fans in that section tickets further down the side of the stadium (this was in Soldier Field) if they wanted a better view of the whole stage. Something similar was done for ZOOTV. For that tour they called it an Achtung Upgrade. Anyway, I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself.Back to me now, I guess I should be happy I'm going but man, U2 really needs to call Prince and let him tell them how to run a presale. I've mentioned this before in another thread, but it bears repeating. For Prince, there was no ticketmaster involvement for the fan club presales, 2 tickets to as many shows as you could afford or want to attend, will call pickup and for the two shows I attended I was in the 1st or 2nd row. I know U2 probably has more fans than Prince, but I really believe his system could could work for U2 also. Oh well. :sigh: I guess I'll try for GA tickets on Saturday or maybe wait for another show to be added. And of course they usually come back to Chicago on the third leg. :(

Chicago presale

Oh my god, how stressful was that lol? Bout gave my 19year old heart a heart attack with that process lol. "You have 1 mintue to fill out this form, or your tickets will be lost" ahhhhhh lol. It appears, I am in the same boat as everyone here. Clicked the button at exatcly 10am, got an error page. Kept trying though, and got through about 5minutes later, and all the GA floor tickets were gone..how that is possible God knows. But I tried and tried again with the "Best possible seats" option and was able to get 2tickets sect. 307 row 7. I have to admit i was a bit disappointed when i saw that that was the top section too but if you all go to the United Center.com theres a virtual tour of the arena, and it actually doesn't look that bad. I've never been to the arena before but from the looks of the way the seats stack, it doesn't appear to go straight up, looks like they kinda slide up if that makes sense, so we may not be as high as we think. And ya never know they may have those jumbotron screens too, which would be good. I'm happy to at least have tickets, and all my sect. 300 friends out there we'll party it up, not too worry it'll be great:D. I'm glad to hear we all had kinda the same problem, at least we're in it together if thats any comfort. See you all May 9th in Chicago:)

Ali

dont worry woowoo, we'll get those tix. remember the popmart days? i got us 9th row. :)

How can people say that ticketmasters problems are not U2's problem. They are employed by U2 to sell tickets to us so it is U2's problem.

How would you like it if my dog bite you and I said its not my fault it was the dogs fault. Of course its U2's problem.

Wow, I can't believe how few people got lucky. I also was quick enough to get two GAs right away, but then it kept saying there was an error with my account, so I lost them as well.

This is such a ripp-off, I can't even believe it. Propaganda was so much better. I want my 40$ back. At least we're (almost) all in the same boat, though, and with the flood of complains U2.com and Principle Management will get, things might change in the future. (still hoping)

Well I guess I got lucky. I was online right at 10 am and I filled out the info for 2 GA tickets for Chicago Saturaday. Immediately ticketmaster told me no GA were left so I backed up and did it again. This time only asking for one GA and it worked. I got one GA for saturday in Chicago. Honestly the gods must have been shining on me. Now I have to figure out how to get there and where I am staying. Good luck to you all on saturday. I hope ticketmaster goes much smoother.

I got 2 GA for May 9th. I don't know how...but I did read another post re hitting a general search so maybe that's how I got lucky. My story: I kept trying to login BEFORE 10 AM just in case my clocks didn't match Ticketmasters. I got in right away and my hands were shaking I was so nervous. Then I entered my code wrong - part of it was 0o and it looked like an upper case letter O then a lower case letter o, but it was a ZERO then an o - grrrrrrr. So I searched for the 5/7 show for GA and it said they were gone. It gave me crappy seats way at the back in the upper balcony so I declined. Then I went to 5/9 and tried GA - no tickets available either :( and it came up with more crappy tickets in the same area - declined. Now I was seriously :mad: that I paid $40 to join U2.com. I started typing an e-mail to my sister re how mad I was, etc. After a few sentences I decided to give it another shot for some reason (I feel like someone up above told me to do this!). I tried 5/9 and selected 2 for 49.50 and hit Best Available. I almost fell out of my chair when GA came up!!!! Then it tells me I have ONE minute to fill in my info to get them! WTH?!?!?! Luckily I've typed for years so I was able to complete it in time but I almost had a coronary trying to type and my fingers were shaking really bad. That was WAY too stressful!! I am hoping I actually GET the tickets and something isn't screwed up! If anything bad does happen I am going to try for Milwaukee tickets on the 2nd leg - if they still come there. I am nervous about the GA tickets b/c I will have to fly into the UC to get up front - STRESSFUL!!!!!! :ohmy:

I also think they will add more Chicago dates - there's plenty of room before and after and obviously they set it up like that anticipating more Chicago demand. I would love to hang around the city for a while while they're here to try to meet/see them. Last time they showed up @ Rosebuds for dinner.
Did anyone else who got tickets :sad: they were so happy? OK maybe I'm a dork but my eyes teared up I was so happy.

I think I'm pretty lucky - but not sure exactly how lucky. Got 2 in section 108 - which looked pretty great on the seating chart up early in the day (that said U2), but the chart that's shown for "concerts" at the United Center makes it look like these seats are way at the back. But they're the high-priced ones, so???? Within just couple minutes of my success (which was within 1 minute of 10am), my friend was doing the same, has a one-time glitch and by the time she got her seats they were in section 310 I think.

Back
Top Bottom