Chicago Fans - How'd you fair with the presale?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I didn't do so well either. Kept experiencing error problems, the password box appearing and disappearing. I finally had to make a decision to take crappy seats and actually be at a show or not go at all. I took the crappy seat and needless to say I'm not a fan of heights.
I have never experienced this type of problems in obtaining U2 tix for the floor when Propaganda was handling the process.
Why did they allow Ticketmaster to handle the PRESALE!? The loyal fanbase had to content against each other and the scumbag scalpers.
Yes, I can say I'm going. Will I be searching for better tickets? You bet. I don't know if I'll be able to try for the public sale on Saturday....don't know if I can get off work.
This has been one of the saddest days of my life. I've been in contact w/Ticketmaster and they aren't going to help me get back the tickets I lost (GA Floor) because of system malfunctions. They are basically saying I'm S.O.O.L.

This sucks, I agree. I'm not even going to waste money trying for better tickets on Saturday. I have to drive 6 hours from Ohio for this show, and I guess that waiting in line all night in the GA line isn't an option. So I'm just gonna sit on my $95 perch way up in section 313, and listen to the muffled sounds of the band playing below me. It'll be sort of a preview for when the "REAL U.S. TOUR" comes in the fall. I was looking forward to this show, and while I still am, I'm realizing that the best part of our Chicago trip is going to be the roadtrip antics of me and 3 of my best friends.

Got in right away, but no GA for me either. I just knew this pre-sale was going to be the same bullshit like it was on the last tour...only back then we didn't have to pay $20-$40 for the useless code they gave us. I'll keep trying. Maybe something will pop up on ticketbastard. There's always the hope of getting GA tix the day of or before the concert too. They always seem to release some at the box office then.

Does anyone have GA experience @ The United Center? I was wondering if you can camp somewhere and how many doors they open and when...any info would be greatly appreciated! :)
:heart: :larry: :bono: :edge: :adam: :heart:

miss becky said:
. I took them, of course, but I'm most definitely calling in this weekend during the general sale. I figure I can get GA that way, and sell the tickets I got today.

Good idea... I may do that as well. Dunno what row I'm in but dad got me the $95 tix... I called him at work, I won't post the whole story here but basically same thing as you all - error, he called TM, they said their website was having technical issues, got a new code, no more GA left. Hopefully mum will maybe possibly let me buy from the real sale on Saturday... I'm just happy to be going, I guess :) There's an oval thing that was like the heart last tour right? If you get there early enough, can you get into the oval even without GA tix? 'cause that would rock. Otherwise, I'll try and sell or trade, because I want to be close to the band...I did seats last time. This time I'm goin' all out!

Back
Top Bottom