Chicago DVD sound issues???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

innocent_eyes

Refugee
Is it just me or does Adams's bass dissappear during the ZOO encore??

WTF?? It's so srtong fro the first half of the concert and then poof, gone!

I emailed universal music about the audio problem and they had gotten back to me. They wanted to know the UPC code, place of purchase, estimated date of purchase, if the packaging was damaged in any way, and what the audio problems were. She got back to me saying that they're investigating the problem and they'd get back to me in a few days with the results. The audio was HIGHLY uneven to the point of being unlistenable at times.

Definitely hit them with an email about the issue.

brianh20 said:
I emailed universal music about the audio problem and they had gotten back to me. They wanted to know the UPC code, place of purchase, estimated date of purchase, if the packaging was damaged in any way, and what the audio problems were. She got back to me saying that they're investigating the problem and they'd get back to me in a few days with the results. The audio was HIGHLY uneven to the point of being unlistenable at times.

Definitely hit them with an email about the issue.

Sounds like a very generic response to me... how exactly would damaged packaging knock out the bass post-Zoo encore?

Whatever you do, don't use the PCM stereo (default) audio. Even if you don't have a 5.1 setup, the Dobly 5.1 setting sounds vastly better. After discovering that, I like the DVD much better :)

gorman said:
Whatever you do, don't use the PCM stereo (default) audio. Even if you don't have a 5.1 setup, the Dobly 5.1 setting sounds vastly better. After discovering that, I like the DVD much better :)
made the difference for me also, although i havent found it bad on any of the settings, if i am listening through my stereo rather than my surround sound, i just set my stereo to the concert setting and it sounds perfect

ZooMacPhisto800 said:

Sounds like a very generic response to me... how exactly would damaged packaging knock out the bass post-Zoo encore?

I would've thought the same thing that i was a generic response, but this was an email that was forwarded from the main Universal email to a specific woman and we exchanged emails a couple of times about it. I had the option of either emailing her or calling the work number she provided (which included her extention number).

I think she may have wanted to make sure that there wasn't something physically wrong with the disc itself, that's why she was asking about the packaging.

And believe me...I tried every option myself as far as the audio goes. AND I tried it on my bedroom TV which has NO sound system hooked up to it and I still had the same crappy audio.

My audio sounds fine on my home theater in 5.1 and my laptop. The audio engineers and mixers for the show are the longtime U2 studio staff (and Grammy winners). One issue could be related to the amount of compression on the DVD. They really crammed a lot of songs onto DVD- I get slight video pixelation during some bright scenes, as a result of the compression. This high compression could degrade audio as well.

Honest to God, I blew out my Infinity center speaker last night watching the DVD in Dolby Digital 5.1. Up until then I thought it sounded great. More crowd and natural reverb than their previous concert DVDs.

Crank it up!!

Back
Top Bottom