Chicago DVD should be cancelled imo!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
markoajda said:

I'm not saying he lost his voice completely but he SURE did lost his BEST voice. NOT saying his voice is weak but just not as strong as it used to be.

Depends on your definition of "best". To you, best might = strongest, but to me, "best" also takes into account proper vocal technique, which Bono has only gotten better at since he began singing. His voice is much weaker now b/c of the smoking, alcohol, over-use, possibly nodes...but his technique overall is WAY better than it was in the early 90s.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

Depends on your definition of "best". To you, best might = strongest, but to me, "best" also takes into account proper vocal technique, which Bono has only gotten better at since he began singing. His voice is much weaker now b/c of the smoking, alcohol, over-use, possibly nodes...but his technique overall is WAY better than it was in the early 90s.

:hmm: I think "best" in the context that markoajda was using it, refers generally to how his voice sounds. I agree his technique is better these days, but because his voice is weaker (due to the reasons you listed), he is no longer singing at his best.

His singing has improved since Popmart and Elevation but I think his voice was 'best' during Lovetown era.

P.S. Um...what's this thread about again? :S

doctorwho said:

I am stunned at how strong and rich his voice sounds this tour.
He sounds great this tour.
Therefore, don't give me this crap about how he can "barely sing live these days" - it's not true.
I'm sorry that you are downloading crappy boots.

i just want all of u to hear city of blinding lights studio and live versions back to back - it was the one song which was creating the most excitement b4 the tour. it has soooooooo much potential live. and the edge has shown that - listen to the revised intro from anaheim.......f*ing brilliant!!!! but bono sounds so much better on the album version!!! i mean for GOD'S sake u2's the best live act ever BECAUSE THEIR LIVE PERFORMANCES TRANSCEND THEIR STUDIO PERFORMANCES!!!!!!! examples - tryin to throw ur arms, bad, a sort of a homecoming, elevation, kite, gone, dirty day...........i mean i cud go on and on; these songs' live versions r miles above the studio versions!!!!!
anyway like i'v already said i respect all of your opinions and it ain't like bono sounds like some crappy teenage hip-hop singer - bono's bad is still way better than the rest!! but that's the thing abt bono and u2 they'v set such unbelievably high standards over time that any hitch comes as a shock to hardcore u2 fans.
i'm just a bit dissapointed by bono's voice becuz the rest of the band is at their F*ING peak!!!!! and u'r right doctorwho bono sounds much better now than on the elevation tour, but i just can't agree with u on "He sounds great this tour"

Viva U2!!!!:wink:

ayearwome said:
They probably will record another show for a DVD during the tour.

I don't think the Chicago shows will be scraped. The production costs for filming are $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, unless the footage is complete crap, it won't be scraped.

You are correct. Word on the street is that the band and Hamish are very happy with the way the footage for Chicago 3 came out (more so than they were for the Boston 01 shoot). It will be released, it will just be a question of whether its the only DVD release from the tour.

Also, someone commented on Chicago 1 being a strong performance. I dont believe that was filmed. From what I have heard of that one though it had a lot of miscues and the crowd didnt seem as into it as other nights. So it wont be released as it wasnt filmed and I doubt much of it would have been used if it had been filmed. Bono himself indicated Chicago 1 was an "off" night.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom