Charlotte, NC Setlist Watch, Stream, and Party Part IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Miringeltje said:
:sad:
'Cause no-one said anything about the sign I posted!

It's a beauty!!!
Best idea yet! :love:

-has no idea what sign it was-

Wait the "REaDy" one?

I like it because it reminds me of Streets. :hyper:

catlhere said:
Now and days that seems to be the cool thing to be. Especially with all the Republican hate going on. But I guess everyone has always hated us. :lol:

Mmm, jealous minority. :drool:
yeah, i've always been a democrat but mayhaps the current administration has made me even more of a leftist. but i do know that my moral outlooks haven't changed at all so i don't know.

alarm9sh.gif
This isn't FYM, folks
alarm9sh.gif

Axver said:
If I lived in the US, I'd likely be voting for some small, obscure party.

I actually think you have to be a US citizen before you have the right to vote.
So even if you live in the USA and pay taxes and everything, you can't vote.

KhanadaRhodes said:

:yes: i wouldn't say i'm 100% against it, but i would definitely say i can't think of one instance from memory where i think someone who's been given the death penalty "deserved" it. life in prison without the possibility would've sufficed, and cost just as much. this whole "killing them is cheaper" argument is total bullshit and besides, who on earth are we to decide that adults deserve to die?

i know i probably sound like a hypocrite given that i'm pro-abortion, oh well :shrug:

I actually once read that contrary to popular belief, it's cheaper to keep someone in prison for life than to kill them, but I've no idea if that was accurate. I think life is prison's a better option anyway - for the unrepentent, it's an awful existence, and for the repentent, they can reform and be offered avenues to give back to society and make up for their wrongs.

Miringeltje said:

Yeah, sorry, that's what I meant. :)

I'm kinda glad I was a couple of months too young to vote in the Aussie election in 2004. None of the parties here have my support, they totally fail to grab me.

Miringeltje said:

It all depends on the state really. It differs state by state. But yes you must be a U.S. citizen. Once that's down, all that's left is 18 years of age. Citizen of Cali, and not be judged "mentally incompetent" (true) :lol:

Axver said:
I actually once read that contrary to popular belief, it's cheaper to keep someone in prison for life than to kill them, but I've no idea if that was accurate. I think life is prison's a better option anyway - for the unrepentent, it's an awful existence, and for the repentent, they can reform and be offered avenues to give back to society and make up for their wrongs.
i've heard the same thing as well. i've not seen either side present sources to back up their claims that it's cheaper to kill someone or it's cheaper to keep them imprisoned for life. "cheap" doesn't matter to me, that's putting a price tag on a human's life i think.

catlhere said:
"Mayhaps" :giggle:
mayhaps is totally my word! :wink:

KhanadaRhodes said:

i've heard the same thing as well. i've not seen either side present sources to back up their claims that it's cheaper to kill someone or it's cheaper to keep them imprisoned for life. "cheap" doesn't matter to me, that's putting a price tag on a human's life i think.

mayhaps is totally my word! :wink:

It's ok, I use "Anywho" all the time.
:drool: @made-up words

how about this on a sign:

"The high school crowd hasn't been very happy with your product lately.

You can't blame them. They want new material!

You can't sell the same thing to the same old crowd forever!"

Axver said:

Yes, I believe it is cheaper to keep them alive in prison.

R.I.P.

KhanadaRhodes said:

Yeah, agreed. And really, if it's "too expensive" to keep prisoners, what does that say about how much we value life?

I also don't understand what execution is meant to achieve. I don't see it deterring people, do you?

catlhere said:

It's a beauty!!!
Best idea yet! :love:

-has no idea what sign it was-

Wait the "REaDy" one?

I like it because it reminds me of Streets. :hyper:

Yeah, that's the one, catlhere!
Glad you like it.
Although I didn't have Streets in mind when I made it.

Didn't hold it up either.

Yeah, that's right.
I was nuts enough to make a sign (2 actually), while I knew there was like no or little chance that I would be in the position to hold it up.

Chizip said:

YES! :up: :applaud:

Axver said:
Yeah, agreed. And really, if it's "too expensive" to keep prisoners, what does that say about how much we value life?

I also don't understand what execution is meant to achieve. I don't see it deterring people, do you?
exactly. i just don't get it. iirc, we're the only "civilised" country that still uses the death penalty. you certainly don't hear about countries in europe doing such a thing.

i don't see it deterring people either. for example, look at a country like canada. they don't have the death penalty, but their crime is much lower. how is it all these other countries without the death penalty can have less crime than us? it couldn't be because of the second amendment, nooooo that couldn't be it :hmm:

Chizip said:

Unfortunately you can and they have. One timers are blissfully unaware but I’ve seem them a few times on this tour and the wow factor is definitely gone for me. I gave up my trip to see U2 in Miami or Atlanta after the Texas dates and instead got tickets to the Rolling Stones in Vegas in March.

KhanadaRhodes said:

exactly. i just don't get it. iirc, we're the only "civilised" country that still uses the death penalty. you certainly don't hear about countries in europe doing such a thing.

I've heard a few times that the US is the only Western country to still have the death penalty. I know Singapore, a "developed nation", also has the death penalty, but it's obviously not exactly European.

I basically see execution as an expression of vengeance and lowering yourself to the level of the criminals.

i don't see it deterring people either. for example, look at a country like canada. they don't have the death penalty, but their crime is much lower. how is it all these other countries without the death penalty can have less crime than us? it couldn't be because of the second amendment, nooooo that couldn't be it :hmm:

I certainly don't see anyone in Australia thinking "thank goodness we don't have capital punishment, now I can go on a murder spree I otherwise wouldn't do"!

Chizip said:

Way too long.
You'll block a lot op people's views.
But that might exactly give you what you want.
A pissed of Bono.

Gen. Chat said:

Unfortunately you can and they have. One timers are blissfully unaware but I’ve seem them a few times on this tour and the wow factor is definitely gone for me. I gave up my trip to see U2 in Miami or Atlanta after the Texas dates and instead got tickets to the Rolling Stones in Vegas in March.

i realy dont understand how people can go to 30 or more shows. id go crazy, how many times can you hear pride? ive definitely had my limit after 8 and wouldnt go to st louis if it wasnt in my hometown and i already had tickets.

Chizip said:

i realy dont understand how people can go to 30 or more shows. id go crazy, how many times can you hear pride? ive definitely had my limit after 8 and wouldnt go to st louis if it wasnt in my hometown and i already had tickets.

I saw two dates during the 1st leg and two on the 2nd leg, that was enough for me.

Back
Top Bottom