Cardiff 29th June. Will they close the roof?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NChilton

Babyface
Do u think they will close the roof at cardiff. I hope so. The atmosphere will be unbelievable. 60,000- 70,000 in an inclosed stadium where the lighting and screens can be used to full effect. Roll on 29th June.

I think they will. It was closed for the Tsunami concert in January - they usually close it for concerts apparently.

Got my tickets earlier!!!:dance: :rockon:

I think the roof should be closed. It would be a great atmosphere then...and also the band wont get pissed on if it rains.

The volume in there with the roof shut is ridiculous.. the chili peppers concert was so much better for the closed roof.

I'm sooOOOoooo excitred!!

having been at Brussels, Manchester and Twickenham, I really hope that the roof is closed. It is not quite dark enough for the light show to work properly for the first half of the show.

I just called the venue to find out car park info and they said the the roof will be closed :)

Maybe we might be lucky and get blinded by lights in the first song

my only concern with the roof shut is whether it will be really hot inside with all those people, other than that bring it on!

Most of the stadiums here that are enclosed or have retractable roofs have air conditioning (Phoenix, Houston, Toronto, Minneapolis, Indianapolis, Detroit), in fact that's why Houston and Phoenix have the roofs b/c it gets so hot. But I could also see them not doing this in the UK.

It won't get too hot. The roof is very high off the ground. During the tsunami concert in January the roof was closed and the place was absolutely freezing. I know that January, but I'm sure it was colder inside than outside.

here's hoping the close the roof! I wouldn't mind a nice sunny evening, but if it means not seeing the lights since I'm in seating, it won't be much fun :(

blahblahblah said:
here's hoping the close the roof! I wouldn't mind a nice sunny evening, but if it means not seeing the lights since I'm in seating, it won't be much fun :(

I'm seating too - don't worry, i'll make sure it's fun!:rockon:

:wink:

I'm also heading off to London on the weekend and then to Cardiff, see you all there! Wild Horses and closed roof for Cardiff! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom