Can't stand Yaweah or acoustic thing but...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wolfwill23

War Child
I must say that the two of them together are great! I'm really looking forward to seeing this song live (provided I can get tix to the next Vegas show.)

"Yahweh" was always sort of a "nice" song at the end of the album, but live I loved it. U2 have a way of taking a song and making it so much "more" live. Although, it might sound better in an acoustic section of songs.

I am going to the be the one person that would like to politely and humbly disagree. No one here specifically expressed an interest in my opinion of the album version of Yahweh in particular, but the live version doesn't convert any of the lost. What could be the best part after the bridge is not performed.

I, in the interest of offering a dissenting view, wouldn't mind if the song was dropped completely. I had an open mind and was hoping to fall in love with it, but it still does nothing for me. Of course the two times I saw it, it was klunky out of time and tune, and felt forced. Perhaps it has, and will get better.

In payback, I will now say three positive things about U2:

1. Adam Clayton is a great rugby player.
2. The Edge has a marvelous recipe for spam casarole.
3. Bono isn't short.

Yahweh made me cry on first listen and many subsequent listens...and when I saw it live. But if they pulled it off full band, I would go bonkers.

I agree with cmb737, that bridge is unbelievable.

The acoustic version of Yahweh at the 2nd Phx show was awesome, I liked is soooo much better than the album version. It made the "feeling" of the song much more apparent...if that makes sense. ;)

I saw it live at SD 1 and LA 1, and while I like the song on the CD, its a complete "show killer" live and accoustic, especially as the next-to-last song!

Please get rid of Yahweh!!!

Back
Top Bottom