Can young kids see the stage on the floor?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PopMartian33107

Acrobat
Hello!

I will be bringing my two younger sisters, ages ten and eleven, to the Verigo concert in Cleveland later this year. My concern is, will they be able to see the band and special effects from their perspective on the GA Floor?

They're a little tall for their age, but I'm worried that they just won't be able to see the show. Has anyone else brought young children to the GA Floor and everything went okay? Thanks in advance!

That's All...

i dont know if its a good idea to bring such young people there esp in the floor where there will be people drinking and jumping up and down and the ad jab and faul languag from people squezing into you. I think it may be a mistake but hey thats just my opinion :)

Nico

Well I read somewhere posted here that Bono showed attn to a kid in the crowd on this tour.

Hey fellow U2 fans PLEASE be as nice as you can to the future fans of our Treasured Bands Please let these kids up to the Rail
let a Parent Stand behind them.

I am confident not lots of Kids show up w/parents..

But may you be as nice as the Bruce Pit (fellow treasured band)
They did exactly what I described above and Bruce gave my son a five and Stevie gave him a pick at the end ,oh yeah the roadies made sure he had earplugs.
But the people they were GREAT Iin the GA line and on the FLR
I don't think any adult or child should rank higher but the wheelchairs and the kids make it a Fuller experience.

ENJOY With or Without Kids....With or Without kids oh Yeah..lol

I brought my 9 year old son to the Elevation show in L.A....but we were able to know that we were going to be in the heart and he sat on the railing the entire time.

This tour it's more difficult. A friend brought his 10 year old with us to an L.A. show last week - no elipse wristband - but we did find one place for him to sit....they had placed one of those large trashcans next to the VIP area and he sat on top of it. And we spent the whole night dancing up and down with Brad Pitt.

Can't guarantee that last part for your evening.:wink:

Well, I'm not gonna take the girls up to the front or anything. I don't want them to get crushed. But I see your point.

Maybe the further back we are, the more they'll be able to see from a vantgage point of view? Thanks guys.

That's All...

Judging by my Elevation floor experience, I would say this: IF you are going to be able to get the very front row in front of the stage or the rail on the inside or outside of the ellipse, I think it would be okay. As long as you have something to hold onto (and then hold onto your kid!) it will work. BUT if you are going to be smooshed somewhere in the middle NO WAY! That's hard even on a grownup. If you take a kid and end up that way, likely they will cry, or be in serious danger of being squashed, and you will have to leave. So don't do it.

If you take them near the front, they're likely to be in danger of getting crushed and will see very little because of everyone jumping around.

If you've only got GA tickets, stand towards the back, where there isnt such a melee.

From my experience (and Im pretty short) - if I haven't got a good view, I forget about it as soon as it all begins anyway.

Just make sure they have a good singalong...

Westport said:
I brought my 9 year old son to the Elevation show in L.A....but we were able to know that we were going to be in the heart and he sat on the railing the entire time.

This tour it's more difficult. A friend brought his 10 year old with us to an L.A. show last week - no elipse wristband - but we did find one place for him to sit....they had placed one of those large trashcans next to the VIP area and he sat on top of it. And we spent the whole night dancing up and down with Brad Pitt.

Can't guarantee that last part for your evening.:wink:

Do tell more!!:hyper:

Ellay said:
If you take them near the front, they're likely to be in danger of getting crushed and will see very little because of everyone jumping around.

If you've only got GA tickets, stand towards the back, where there isnt such a melee.

From my experience (and Im pretty short) - if I haven't got a good view, I forget about it as soon as it all begins anyway.

Just make sure they have a good singalong...

Thanks, that's what I'm thinking of doing, holding them towards the back. No way would I let them get crushed!

If you make it in to the Ellipse, you should have no problems.

For the regular floor, there is simply too much pushing and shoving to make it an ejoyable experience for kids.

I can't imagine putting kids in a crowd like that. Take a close look at the videos and photos and picture little kids in that. It's like being in a crowded, squished, elevator for 2+ hrs. If you got the oval, that would be a different story, but the floor I would never do to kids, unless I kept them at the very back, which defeats the purpose of the floor because you would all have a much better show from just about any seats than the very back of the floor. Little kids wouldn't see anything but the butts of the people in front of them. Put your kids in an elevator somewhere at lunch time and take a look at the view they would have, it would be of men's and women's butts squished up at them.

Last edited:
bonoed said:
I can't imagine putting kids in a crowd like that. Take a close look at the videos and photos and picture little kids in that. It's like being in a crowded, squished, elevator for 2+ hrs. If you got the oval, that would be a different story, but the floor I would never do to kids, unless I kept them at the very back, which defeats the purpose of the floor because you would all have a much better show from just about any seats than the very back of the floor. Little kids wouldn't see anything but the butts of the people in front of them. Put your kids in an elevator somewhere at lunch time and take a look at the view they would have, it would be of men's and women's butts squished up at them.

Well, I'm just trying to score the cheapest tickets possible with it still being an enjoyable experience for the girls. I dunno. Maybe I could purchase some nosebleed seats? At least they would be able to see the band...

That's All...

If you are in the ellipse there is a lot more room. Also, I don't think it's bad to have them on the back part of the floor. I've stood there before and there's a lot more room to move around. It's not a lot of people all smashed up against each other.

I think they will be just fine on the floor.

Back
Top Bottom