Can You Sleep The Night Before A U2 Show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Yahweh

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Do you find yourself not being able to sleep the night before a U2 concert and until you get into the building relaxing through the opening band so that you can give it your all when U2 takes the stage and of course when they do you dont feel tired anymore?

That happened to me the last 2 tours I was just so thrilled to be seeing U2 i couldnt sleep the night before!

I couldn't sleep the night before the first U2 show I ever saw back on PopMart. But I was cool during Elevation. For this next tour, though, I'm seeing them at MSG, which is a lifelong dream and I'm taking my sister whose never seen U2 and has been a fan longer than I have - so I'm sure I'll be totally stoked!!

i think that happened back in 1997. now, it's not a problem. just have wine before you go to bed.

I'm more restless before ticket sales than I am before a concert. I think it doesn't hit me until I actually enter the building then I get all impatient with the opening act playing.

The night before is not the problem -- it's the night of, after the show, when the moments keep passing through my head. The day after a show is the worst --- totally spent.

Yeah, I agree about the sentiment on ticket sales. On Monday night/Tuesday early morning, I woke up 4 times during the night and had dreams -- rather, nightmares -- about waiting so long and not getting tix. Glad that's all over... phew. :D

I can't sleep the night before a U2 show. What's even worse, is I can't focus on anything for the week prior to the show. The day of the show I am one hyper f@cker !! I have so much damn energy and adrenaline flowing through me that I can't contain myself and probably become very very annoying....Lets hope none of you are sitting next to me or driving on the same highways getting to the arena.:wink:

Numb1075 said:
I can't sleep the night before a U2 show. What's even worse, is I can't focus on anything for the week prior to the show. The day of the show I am one hyper f@cker !! I have so much damn energy and adrenaline flowing through me that I can't contain myself and probably become very very annoying....Lets hope none of you are sitting next to me or driving on the same highways getting to the arena.:wink:

I'm glad to hear you say that!! I think my boyfriend/friends think I"m a total freak when it comes to U2 tour time. I'm a hyper, excited, nervous, gittery freakoid!! I CAN'T FREAKING WAIT!!!!
:)

I was a wreck a couple of days before the show, I practically forgot the Dewey Decimal system at work, got a bit of sleep the night before but not much, and then it took me a week to recuperate from the thing. Whew! This is going to be another wonderfully crazy adventure when I see them in November.

I usually sleep fine the night before a show.

Now, the night before a general sale is a totally different story.:yikes:

I probably won't sleep. Vertigo will be my first U2 show!!!!!!!!!

My friend who purchased the tickets for me, as I was out of town, just gave me them the other day and every time I look at them, I get a little jumpy!

how bout can you sleep the night before the general sale? first U2 show ever? cos I can't!!!

it doesn't help that comedy central has irish standup on tonight, it's only making me nervous! (and it's not even irish standup, it's irish-american standup. same jokes, minus the accent, and everything's funnier with the accent! lol)

yeah, I'm having a fit over here, I'm twitching and I think I just popped another blood vessel...:wink:

Back
Top Bottom