Can Prop members (who bought 4 tix today) still buy 2 tix tomorrow-as U2.com members?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Knuckle

Acrobat
I know that many of you will give an automatic "No" to this question, but hear me out. I'm not so sure that we can't buy 2 more tickets tomorrow at U2.com presale. Here's why:

In the 1st Leg presale, if you're like me, you couldn't get any tickets whatsoever (as Prop or U2.com member). So, the presale code went unused. I think I recall that we could buy up to eight (8) tickets in the First Leg presale, right?.

For this 3rd Leg presale, I received two separate and distinct e-mails over the weekend. The first stated that "as a former Propaganda member" (with unused code), I was able to buy 2 tickets for 2 shows (which I did today). If I had used my code in the 1st Leg presale, I was still entitled to buy 2 tickets for 3rd Leg Prop presale.

The second e-mail was addressed to me "as a U2.com member with unused code". It stated I would be able to buy 2 tickets for the 3rd Leg U2.com presale.

I do not read anywhere that the Prop and U2.com presales are mutually exclusive. With these two separate e-mails, I am really wondering if I can still buy 2 more tickets in the U2.com presale tomorrow. This would be a total of 6 tickets for the 3rd Leg. [Remember, I think we would have been able to get at least 6 (or was it 8?) tickets if the 1st Leg presale went off as planned.]

I don't mean to sound greedy. I'm so happy that I have 2 GA tickets for Philadelphia and 2 GA for Houston for the 3rd Leg. But I could really use 2 more tickets for Houston (since I'll be visiting my sister for that show and it's her husband's birthday - - and they really want to go with us).

So what do you think? Is this right? Should we give it a try? If I'm wrong will I risk having the 4 Prop tickets I bought today cancelled or something? Thanks.

Hmm... I highly doubt it will work if you only have one code. It seems VERY clear that we can get 4 tickets total if we are former Prop who didn't get tickets in the first pre-sale.

It is weird that you got two e-mails, but I would bet that it was a mistake, and that even if you succeed in ordering more tickets tomorrow with your code, you might have some tickets cancelled later on.

I am a long time prop member, who joined u2.com after getting my discount code, but I still received two emails from them one to a prop member and one to u2.com member.

I am not going to chance losing any tickets I got today to see if it works. :no:

I think prop people just got two emails.

HHmmm. Yes. Perhaps. But my presale code is still up and running on U2.com (even though I've supposedly exhausted it). Has anyone seen their presale code disappear from U2.com today after the purchase?

However, the notion of losing the 4 GA tickets that I scored today is a powerful incentive not to look behind curtain number 3 tomorrow (if you know what I mean).

Re: Can Prop members (who bought 4 tix today) still buy 2 tix tomorrow-as U2.com members?

Knuckle said:

I think I recall that we could buy up to eight (8) tickets in the First Leg presale, right?.

Nope - in the first pre-sale it was only ONE pair of tickets per person.

In the general sale you could buy up to eight tickets but only 2 GA's per transaction.

Re: Re: Can Prop members (who bought 4 tix today) still buy 2 tix tomorrow-as U2.com members?

ladywithspinninghead said:

Nope - in the first pre-sale it was only ONE pair of tickets per person.

In the general sale you could buy up to eight tickets but only 2 GA's per transaction.

Ooops. Really? Thanks for that reminder.

What if we have two codes...one Prop and one u2.com? I finally got to use the Prop code today, but still have an unused u2.com code. Can I use this to buy GAs as long as it's not for a show I bought today...and if I do, do I have to use a different name, cc and billing address? I didn't buy any tix at all for the 1st and 2nd leg, only the 4 GAs that I bought today for the 3rd.

Last edited:
I think you should be able to do that atikicat, as long as it's not for the same show. I don't see why you would have to use a different name and cc, you can buy tickets for as many shows as you want with the same cc as long as you don't exceed the per show limit (which included pre-sale AND general sale). If you got two codes you should be able to use both.

But of course I can't say for sure and maybe you should call Ticketmaster to be safe.

i, too, received the two emails. i got tickets in the first round of presales, and then again today. i'm of the group that doesn't feel like chancing it and getting any tickets bounced. the one week "waiting period" warning is there for a reason... in my opinion.

james

If you have one code, you can only use that code for one presale. If you have more than one code, you can use each of those codes once. Prop members were getting front of the line access today and then the same access as all other U2.com members Wednesday and Thursday, but not double access.

the presale code doesn't work after you purchase 2 tickets with it. The TM page comes up saying you've already used it.

Okay, so I have a Prop Code (which I used on 4 tixs) & I have a u2.com code (unused). What's the consensus on this?:huh:

skjuls said:

I think you are able to use your code then.

Two separate things!

You have two accounts correct?

oooh, that's the thing: I checked my U2.com account today & the code posted reflected the Prop Code not the previous u2.com code (which they apparently changed after I spoke with them yesterday re: my prior membership status).

Now I went to the presale today & entered the old U2.com code to test & it seems to take me all the way to entering my credit card @ least for my choice of venue.

Back
Top Bottom