Camera question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

UltravioletTX

Babyface
Hey guys! I'm looking forward to seeing the Houston & Dallas concerts this weekend! I wish Texas didn't get the shaft so much when it comes to amount of shows we get. Oh well! We'll just enjoy what we do get! Although I did get to see a stadium show this past summer, I am looking forward to the smaller arena setting again!

Anyway ... to the point here! What is the general camera enforcement policy? I didn't bring one to the Berlin show this past summer because I was afraid it would get taken up. In retrospect, I wish I would have because they really didn't check for them and lots of people had them. Is it the same in the States? I did call the venues and have gotten mixed messages. The Houston Toyota Center said regular cameras were OK. The Dallas American Airlines center said no photography was permitted at all (and that this was a U2 rule, not a venue rule for them). How do those two mixed messages jive? What has been your experience with this rule?

My brother is a photographer & only has nice photo equipment! I'm sure he could get some sweet shots of the show, but I doubt they would let him in with that high grade stuff. I'm more than happy if I can just bring my digital camera in. My cell phone camera sucks!

Any advice is much appreciated!

Thanks for the link LivLuv. I actually did read this before I posted. All it said was the following ...

"Are cameras allowed inside the venue?
As long as you don’t carry in a professional set up with telephoto lenses and a stocked photo bag, you should be ok with a typical digital point and shoot variety camera. It really depends upon the venue. Most have not enforced the ‘no camera’ rule."

I guess I was just wanting more specific info ... i.e. different people's personal experiences with this issue. Sorry If I wasn't specific enough. This sight has been a great source of help and information for me the last several years.

Maybe I'm just being too paranoid about bringing my digital camera, and having it confiscated or something.

UltravioletTX said:

Maybe I'm just being too paranoid about bringing my digital camera, and having it confiscated or something.

Just tell the person at the door that it's a pair of binoculars if he or she asks. :wink: Worked for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom