Buying Tix: Computer OR Telephone???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Harry Vest

Refugee
Just a simple question for March 19, 2005...Should I try purchasing tickets via computer or telephone????
Any suggestions welcome.
Thanks.

ohh don't use the phone...in the past i have and always ended up in the nosebleed section...ick:|

The only person I know who used the phone got nosebleeds and I got GA's on the cpu ... I snagged 2 just last saturday. Go with the CPU!!!

Axver said:
Don't waste your time on the phone.

seriously the last time I called ticketmaster was in 1992 for zoo tv (ended up paying $75 by todays standards a bargain)

I'm no techie but I think a DSL line must be faster than the phone and I feel like you can have more control sitiing there hitting refresh at 8:57am until 9:00 or so if you call who knows?

Also get a TM acct so you can be all signed in with your info so you don't have to waste your 3 mins of choice time typing it all in.

do both at the same time.
but call a ticketmaster outlet in a different city from the city you are buying the tickets for, i got 1 GA over the phone for the May 26 Boston show and 1 GA on the computer within 3 minutes of each other in the general sale (neither option let me get 2)

i'll be on 2 computers for saturdays gen sale. i think that is your best bet but if you can handle a computer and the phone at the same time it can't hurt

neutral said:
You know I don't think I've heard of anyone getting good tickets on the phone. Has anyone else? :scratch:

The only thing I ever got on the phone was a busy signal.

i went to the local ticketmaster in LA to get tix for the SD show and i was the only person there. tix for LA area went on sale the next day so thats why there was noone else waiting, i totally lucked out. the woman working was super helpful and kept checking to see if when the second date was put up for sale and went it did she got in right away and i got 2 GA tix!! it was so simple, i highly recommed going to ticketmaster, maybe some place out of the way

If you plan on using the phone, do some relaxing relaxing exercises before otherwise the busy signal will drive you to insanity and you will end up throwing your phone out the window. Well not quite, but it is almost impossible to get through by phone.

dgirrrly said:
i went to the local ticketmaster in LA to get tix for the SD show and i was the only person there. tix for LA area went on sale the next day so thats why there was noone else waiting, i totally lucked out. the woman working was super helpful and kept checking to see if when the second date was put up for sale and went it did she got in right away and i got 2 GA tix!! it was so simple, i highly recommed going to ticketmaster, maybe some place out of the way

This only works if there's 1 or 2 people. After 2 in line, they do a random draw. I had this happen and there were maybe 8 people, but I got moved to the back even though I was there first. Then, the girl working the desk looked like she'd never used a computer before (there were people around earlier for Sting tickets and this girl kept having to get help) so we bailed and quick drove to my house to use the computer.

Back
Top Bottom