Buying on eBay- PA resale law?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Y2K

Refugee
So, as you may know, when you buy tickets on eBay, there is a notice about how much you are allowed to resell the tickets for. My reason for creating this thread is it seems like there is a strange disparity between some tickets that are in identical areas.

Take for example, this one auction I am the high bidder in. It is for 2 GA tickets, which will usually fetch the most amount of money. The auction started at $249, but I could only bid a few dollars higher. In fact, I've bid the maximum legally permitted. This auction says:

Pennsylvania residents: Pennsylvania state law limits the resale ticket price for this event location, so your maximum bid cannot exceed $262.50.

Only $262.50, I'm thinking? I've seen other auctions for 2 GA tickets and the PA law restricted resale price is more like $562! Is there some reason why I've got such an easy lead on these tickets? I'm not quite following why there is such a difference in resale prices for identical tickets.

Maybe you can't bid above that if you're in PA, but someone in Cali or somewhere else could bid as high as they want?

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Maybe you can't bid above that if you're in PA, but someone in Cali or somewhere else could bid as high as they want?

thats it exactly

PA residents can only bid so much but someone from anywhere else can bid as much as they like

It also depends on how much the seller tells ebay the tickets are worth. I just got GAs for Pittsburgh and the max bid for a PA resident was $473.00. Clearly, the seller put the value as much higher then $50 a ticket.

Back
Top Bottom