Buyer Beware: newburystreettix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Guinness Stout

The Fly
After being the high bidder for some GA's on e-bay, i received this e-mail from ebay regarding the a**hole trying to sell a lot of u2 tickets on e-bay under the name newburystyreettickets:

The following is a courtesy notice from eBay Trust & Safety regarding:

User ID - newburystreettickets

Our records show that you were a bidder or buyer of one or more of this seller's items. We recently removed all of this seller's active listings and have suspended the seller's trading privileges. Due to privacy concerns we will not be able to share further details related to this seller.

If someone claiming to be the seller asks you to complete a transaction outside of eBay, we strongly recommend that you ignore the request. Transactions for items listed on eBay that are completed outside of the eBay marketplace are not covered by the Buyer Protection services offered by eBay and can be highly indicative of fraud.

If you have not sent payment to the seller, we urge you to not proceed until you are completely confident that the transaction will be completed safely. One method for gaining confidence in the transaction is to request the seller's contact information and confirm the transaction via telephone. For instruction on how to request contact information and more "Tips for Buyers" please visit:

I am too polite to post the e-mail i just sent over to newburystreettickets

Thanx for outbidding me :wink:, did you pay him through paypal? If so file a chargeback and get your money refunded.

luckily i had not sent him payment yet, but i did see on his feedback that other people had paid him for other u2 tickets which is why i wanted to post it here.-
next time let me know when you are bidding and we wont raise the price up on each other:huh:

You know, I can see this becoming a major problem. Since U2.com has their lawyers going after scalpers on eBay and cancelling tickets... only God knows how many people are going to end up getting invalid tickets. And these people won't even know it until they hand them to the ticket takers at the venues.

Especially beware of those offering free shipping or who will email you the ticket fast tickets. As far as I can tell you can forward them/print them as much as you like....so it seems possible they could be selling the same ticket multiple times. The ticket is scanned at the arena and then de-activated once scan. One person will be able to walk in, but anyone else with that ticket is left in the cold.

dafish1234 said:
Especially beware of those offering free shipping or who will email you the ticket fast tickets. As far as I can tell you can forward them/print them as much as you like....so it seems possible they could be selling the same ticket multiple times. The ticket is scanned at the arena and then de-activated once scan. One person will be able to walk in, but anyone else with that ticket is left in the cold.

that's what i was worried about when i saw that post on e-bay... i sent him an e-mail before i bid on how he could gaurantee that i would be the only one with the ticket if it was a home printed ticket... he didn't give me an answer, thus i never bid.

as for my own "fast ticket" tickets to the new jersey show... i have the PDF file with the tickets stored away in three seperate locations... a hidden folder on my computer, burned to a CD that has been placed in my safe, and i also put a copy of the PDF onto my U2 iPod :wink: add that to the copy of the ticket i already printed, and i think i'm good to go

Guinness Stout said:
luckily i had not sent him payment yet, but i did see on his feedback that other people had paid him for other u2 tickets which is why i wanted to post it here.-
next time let me know when you are bidding and we wont raise the price up on each other:huh:

:yes: :up:

Headache in a Suitcase said:

as for my own "fast ticket" tickets to the new jersey show... i have the PDF file with the tickets stored away in three seperate locations... a hidden folder on my computer, burned to a CD that has been placed in my safe, and i also put a copy of the PDF onto my U2 iPod :wink: add that to the copy of the ticket i already printed, and i think i'm good to go

I thought I was the only one..... :lol: I didn't think of putting a CD in my safe though, good idea. :wink:

Headache in a Suitcase said:

that's what i was worried about when i saw that post on e-bay... i sent him an e-mail before i bid on how he could gaurantee that i would be the only one with the ticket if it was a home printed ticket... he didn't give me an answer, thus i never bid.

Do you have a copy in your ass too? ;)

you can also have multiple hard tickets. If you call ticketmaster and say you never got them they will cancel them and leave you new ones at will call.

If someone really wanted to hose you they can-

That said, that is what feedback is for. If somone selling ticketfast tickets and has 100+ feedback and over 95% then theyre are most likely legit.

Id feel more comfortable with ticketfast from a 100+ feedback seller than hard ticket from a seller with 2 feedbacks.

editorinchief said:
That said, that is what feedback is for. If somone selling ticketfast tickets and has 100+ feedback and over 95% then theyre are most likely legit.

Sadly, that's not true. A lot of these guys get together to sell each other $0.01 auctions and then give each other loads of positive feedback.

editorinchief said:
you can also have multiple hard tickets. If you call ticketmaster and say you never got them they will cancel them and leave you new ones at will call.

If someone really wanted to hose you they can-

Id feel more comfortable with ticketfast from a 100+ feedback seller than hard ticket from a seller with 2 feedbacks.

I wouldn't buy tickets from a seller who had even a single negative feedback...

Back
Top Bottom