Buffalo Setlist Watch and Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
kellyahern said:

We've moved on to talking about sex and snow now :shifty:.

:lol:

Axver's right though... There are certain fan favourites / casual fan favourites that I still would want to hear, but it wouldn't kill U2 to ditch tired old songs like Pride or One every now and then for something a little rarer.

catlhere said:

$$$

Most revenue is probably from casuals, not hardcores. They're in a business... show business. Sorry that's just how it goes. Most fans that go to the concert probably want to hear those songs anyway. But I agree somewhat with you. Just trying to kinda make some sense of it.

I think this is excessive, though. You could take out a few of those Best Of songs and the casual fan wouldn't even notice the difference. We don't need a concert with THIRTEEN songs from the Best Ofs. I'm sure seven would do just fine.

Axver said:

Talk about pandering to the casual fanbase. The funny part is, the diehards are the people who truly support U2 through thick and thin and yet they get overlooked every time for the sake of Casual Fan X who'll go grab a beer during Sunday Bloody Sunday and talk through Streets. Why U2 even care about these people, I don't know.

Great point, but unfortunately casual fans--and their beer-drinking ways--pay the bills for both U2 and the given arena they're playing in. Sad reality :sad:

KhanadaRhodes said:

i'm so sorry :hug:

Why thankyou. Hugs=Outstanding!

It's fine now. Just have to eat lots of healthy foods now because my mom is paranoid about her kids getting heart attacks etc. And let me tell you, healthy food is definitely easy to pick out by the taste. :|

catlhere said:

O rly?
Ya rly!

nvm, don't mind me. just amusing myself. :wink:

I stumbled into that thread earlier today and thought somebody(s) had lost his/her/their minds...

Axver, did you and Timothius go to that show that the Finn brothers were playing at in Sydney?

U2dork said:

I stumbled into that thread earlier today and thought somebody(s) had lost his/her/their minds...

There was a thread about that? :ohmy: I totally just said it for my own internet geekyness. :lol: Oh man I'm on this thing too much. :wink:

Halup said:
Axver, did you and Timothius go to that show that the Finn brothers were playing at in Sydney?

I believe Timo did.

I'm up on the Gold Coast, which is an 8 hour drive away and I can't drive, so ...

U2Fanatic4ever said:
From the Zoo: "Arcade Fire starting....here WE GO"

-does indian tomahawk chop-

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-OOOOOOOOOOOWOAAHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!

Axver said:

Talk about pandering to the casual fanbase. The funny part is, the diehards are the people who truly support U2 through thick and thin and yet they get overlooked every time for the sake of Casual Fan X who'll go grab a beer during Sunday Bloody Sunday and talk through Streets. Why U2 even care about these people, I don't know.

Other than allowing former Propaganda subscribers extra privileges on this tour, U2 seem to be more obsessed with finding new young fans than catering to long term fans like me who have been there through it all for over 20 years.

angelordevil said:

GibsonGirl is passing the Interference physics test in flying colours!!! :drool:

SHIT. :mad: I meant to write down a physics formula for every post. That hasn't happened...

Oh well. :happy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom