Buenos Aires I Setlist Watch and Party

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
chrissybaby said:

Hmmm, but you can strum an electric or you can play it. If he did the whole Neil Young feedback thing i will have to go for a lie down.

Yeah, true. If the previous statement about the song being about three minutes long is correct, then I wouldn't expect the solo to be included, but I'll be overjoyed simply if Edge played LIB's actual notes rather than strumming some chords while Bono sung. Especially if Larry and Adam joined in and took a full role too, rather than just sitting/standing there and watching.

I know you're not a huge Zoo fan Ax, but this (on its day)was the greatest closing song the band ever performed.

Maybe you'll be surprised to learn I pretty much agree. While I'm no Zoo/Achtung fan, I think UTEOTW, The Fly, Acrobat, and Love Is Blindness are absolutely four of the best songs ever made. I'll crank up any live LIB just for that extraordinary solo - and I loved it when Bono included snippets of All Along The Watchtower or some of Yeats's poetry.

You guys in the Southern Hemisphere must be climbing the walls with excitement about your upcoming shows... That setlist last night was nailed, and it was filmed. What are they thinking?

I was excited enough after the first few gigs, and I said to a couple of people "even if the Santiago and Buenos Aires sets are crap, it doesn't matter, because they're being filmed and we all know what happens to U2 when you shove a camera in front of them." But now, after MOTD and Fast Cars and LIB? Auckland can't get here fast enough. Two weeks!

Some pics from the show last night... from La Nacion newspaper:

494630.JPG

494587.JPG

494586.JPG

494548.JPG

494556.JPG

Love Is Blindness was a great surprise, but it was not the full version (I was there.) They performance stopped before the bridge ("A little death...") and there was no Edge solo.

Still, it sounded great.

PeterD said:
Love Is Blindness was a great surprise, but it was not the full version (I was there.) They performance stopped before the bridge ("A little death...") and there was no Edge solo.

Still, it sounded great.

Thanks for the info.
Can't wait to hear it!

PeterD said:

Still, it sounded great.
Good stuff! Thanks! Just one question: Did Adam and Larry played anything on it or was it just Edge and Bono?

TheBrazilianFly said:

Good stuff! Thanks! Just one question: Did Adam and Larry played anything on it or was it just Edge and Bono?

It was full band.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom