Brisbane Setlist & Watch Party Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oceane

Refugee
Continue here folks!

The show is over, here is the set-list:

1- City of Blinding Lights
2- Vertigo
3- Elevation
4- Until The End Of The World
5- New Years Day
6- Beautiful Day
7- Yahweh
8- Walk On
9- Sometimes You Can’t Make It On Your Own
10- Love And Peace Or Else
11- Sunday Bloody Sunday
12- Bullet The Blue Sky
13- Miss Sarajevo
14- Pride
15- Where The Streets Have No Name
16- One
Encore:
17- Zoostation
18- The Fly
18- With Or Without You
19- The Saints Are Coming
20- Angel Of Harlem
21- Kite

:hyper: Am so excited for the Aussies, Kiwi's and Japanese that they're getting these concerts.

Am all :hyper: reading this at work. :lol:

Kite, Angel Of Harlem, Miss Sarajevo, New Years Day and Walk On. :combust:

I hope he remembered the words to NYD unlike in chicago last year. :lmao:

Whats this about "The Sun Flower" dance? :lmao:

If only i could win the lottery to get to Hawaii. :wink::lol:

Wow. WHAT A SETLIST!!! Yahweh --> Walk On --> :drool:

Closing with KITE?

"I know that this is not goodbye...."

that looks sweet, although it's a shame they haven't dumped bullet yet.

Bono danced? That must have been something ...
And KITE is a very good closer, must have been quite an emotional way to close the show and say good-bye.

I really hope they play 'in a little while' in Adelaide. I know it gets bagged a lot here but I think it's one of the strongest tracks on ATYCLB and one of the best U2 songs done acoustically.

GREAT show. The band were on. Here's the set with some snippets. I know I'm missing one for COBL. I didn't know it, and right now, I'm having a hard time deciphering my note (yes, I took a notepad, I'm a nerd). :wink:

I think I missed a couple of snippets elsewhere too, like during Angel Of Harlem. I was really into the show tonight - so much so that a couple of people stopped me at the end to say they thought out of everyone in the inner zone, I'd enjoyed myself the most! :lol:

1. City Of Blinding Lights
2. Vertigo
3. Elevation / Streets Of Your Town (snippet)
4. Until The End Of The World
5. New Year's Day
6. Beautiful Day
7. Yahweh
8. Walk On
9. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own / The Black Hills of Dakota (snippet)
10. Love And Peace Or Else
11. Sunday Bloody Sunday
12. Bullet The Blue Sky / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet) / The Hands That Built America (snippet)
13. Miss Sarajevo
14. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
15. Where The Streets Have No Name
16. One

encore(s):
17. Zoo Station
18. The Fly
19. With Or Without You / Streets Of Your Town (snippet)
20. The Saints Are Coming
21. Angel Of Harlem
22. Kite

Man the new end of Kite is :drool: :drool: :drool:

A W E S O M E

Fantastic and touching solo

Odd setlist...

I'd opted for...

2. Vertigo
3. Elevation
5. New Year's Day
6. Beautiful Day
7. Angel Of Harlem
8. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
9. Love And Peace Or Else
10. Sunday Bloody Sunday
11. Bullet The Blue Sky
12. Miss Sarajevo
13. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
14. Where The Streets Have No Name
15. One

16. Zoo Station
17. The Fly
18. The Saints Are Coming
19. With Or Without You

20. Yahweh
21. Kite
22. Walk On

But I'll cut them some slack, this is the first time in 8 months they've been organizing a setlist...

hi ax.

do we know if there will be a professional filming of any of the aussie shows?

this setlist rocks :drool:

Some notes:
- Adam went on his wander during New Year's Day.
- SBS had the "Jesus, Jew, Muhammad, it's true" rap, Father Abraham song, and a kid pulled on stage. Before that stuff, Bono made a call for David Hicks to be returned to Australia to face trial rather than leaving him in Guantanamo.
- Bullet had the blindfold routine.
- Wow X2 and "this is crazy" after Streets.
- One had the "do you hear us coming?" verse at the end. At the start was the "milky way" speech.
- First Zoo slots included Cathy Freeman and Kylie Minogue. A later one included John Howard and it got a loud boo!
- First verse of AOH Bono/Edge only, then rest of band came in. Harmonica outro.
- Bono flew and released a kite during Kite. Emphasised the "this is not goodbye" line right at the very end.

wow, w/ the time zone changes etc, I had no idea if the show was over or didn't even start. I am an idiot.

I think this setlist is fantastic. I hope everyone enjoyed the show, I know it was a LONG wait for you folks.

Axver said:
GREAT show. The band were on. Here's the set with some snippets. I know I'm missing one for COBL. I didn't know it, and right now, I'm having a hard time deciphering my note (yes, I took a notepad, I'm a nerd). :wink:

I think I missed a couple of snippets elsewhere too, like during Angel Of Harlem. I was really into the show tonight - so much so that a couple of people stopped me at the end to say they thought out of everyone in the inner zone, I'd enjoyed myself the most! :lol:

2. Vertigo
3. Elevation / Streets Of Your Town (snippet)
5. New Year's Day
6. Beautiful Day
7. Yahweh
8. Walk On
9. Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own / The Black Hills of Dakota (snippet)
10. Love And Peace Or Else
11. Sunday Bloody Sunday
12. Bullet The Blue Sky / When Johnny Comes Marching Home (snippet) / The Hands That Built America (snippet)
13. Miss Sarajevo
14. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
15. Where The Streets Have No Name
16. One

encore(s):
17. Zoo Station
18. The Fly
19. With Or Without You / Streets Of Your Town (snippet)
20. The Saints Are Coming
21. Angel Of Harlem
22. Kite

How was his voice?/ How was Kite?? Did the crowd sing to the more obscure songs?? Was the crowd really loud?? Did he make the crowd sing much?/ Did he go on any political rants?? Did the show feel like it went quick?? Any funny moments?/ and so on and so on.

Axver, did you notice that he was wearing the real Fly shades that quadcaster gave him during The Fly?

Please Guys tell me 1 show will be filmed at least , WE DO SO NEED a dvd of the 5th leg .......... :drool:

Hey Axver guitars for Walk On , Angel of Harlem and Kite ?

(Something tells me the black MR one was in there):wink:

That's 10 songs from the last two albums. 11 if we include Saints which is close to the - getting close to the 1993 glory days of 13 Achtung/Zooropa songs.

And 7 out of 22 were 1980s songs. That's less than 1/3. Perhaps it's been like that for a while. I can deal with that.

carrotflowers said:

How was his voice?/ How was Kite?? Did the crowd sing to the more obscure songs?? Was the crowd really loud?? Did he make the crowd sing much?/ Did he go on any political rants?? Did the show feel like it went quick?? Any funny moments?/ and so on and so on.

To answer your questions in order:

- His voice was great and he hit the notable notes. Miss Sarajevo got a big cheer, though for all but the most major notes, I felt he was holding back compared to some of last year's performances.
- No bloody clue; too busy enjoying them myself.
- I had earplugs, so I don't know. I never pay much attention to crowds, sorry.
- Yeah, Bono was his usual interactive self, trying to lead crowd participation. Seemed to work amongst the people around me.
- Very political show, the three casual fans I went with all remarked on that as soon as the gig ended!
- Show went very quick. I was surprised at the time when it ended.
- Funniest moment was a Bono comment at the start of One: "look at that beautiful moon! Oh, it's a spotlight."

The Lalat said:
That's 10 songs from the last two albums. 11 if we include Saints which is close to the - getting close to the 1993 glory days of 13 Achtung/Zooropa songs.

And 7 out of 22 were 1980s songs. That's less than 1/3. Perhaps it's been like that for a while. I can deal with that.

It's making up for the fact that they didn't get the Elevation Tour.

well the fly appeared again (see my thread...) which was pretty special :wink: the man, not just the song

brilliant show, it was so great and i cant wait for adelaide

To all "did you see" questions: NO!

I have bloody terrible vision, so I didn't see a whole lot of detail at all. However, one thing I noticed was Yahweh had lame graphics tonight even though it had cool stuff at yesterday's rehearsal!

Also, Kanye did not meet with a good reception at all, especially when he tried to justify his recent behaviour. That met with insults. Frankly, I thought he was completely boring. Not a good beat or rhythm to be found. Even my friends who sort of like that kind of music thought he was complete shit. He got the loudest cheers not for arriving or leaving or for any songs, but for mentioning Brisbane and Australia.

Back
Top Bottom