Brisbane Rehearsal Setlist Watch & Party Part I

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey Axver or any of the lucky guys who watched it , could u tell me what was the guitar Edge was on Kite , was it's old one , the cream Les Paul or a other one ?

Beautiful first verse on Kite.

Hopefully we'll be able to see the outro too.

ramblin rose said:

It's so cool to hear the people cheering!

:yes: I like the Macphisto-like face making at the start of Zoo station too.

Last edited:
Kite sounds very promising. I have alwys thought there's something wrong with the studio version. Not that it is bad, but it could have been better. Kite is one of the few U2 songs you can play a good version of by just playing the chords on an acustic guitar, so I think the "basic" song is great. Perhaps it because I'm not to fond of the album versions keybord strings and the slide guitar, anyway I hope this new live version will finally make the song reach it's full potential.:up:

Last edited:
That really looks like Kanye.....although I was always kind of worried that he'd join U2 onstage, this is definately a great idea, and if it's him then I'm glad he's there.

BTW Bono sounds brilliant! And those drums in Walk On sound great!

~A.j.~

Last edited:
Kite sounds stunning, and bono sounds brilliant :)

these are going to be some amazing shows

but you guys deserve them :)

good to see the band shaking things up a bit while keeping the core of the Vertigo Tour setlist, which i think was well done originally. hope "Window In The Skies" gets added at some point.

You know it's interesting, with the digital age, and YouTube, really, anything can be recorded and submitted within hours. We may not be able to be there in Brisbane, but we are getting a great window of opportunity to see this.

Thanks to all who recorded the rehearsals... looks like it will be a terrific show.

Axver said:

:lol:

I just expanded my article about the rehearsal. If I have made any errors (I'm still on a post-concert high) or I forgot to add anything notable, let me know.

Also, I think I must've made a fool of myself by being the most active person on that hill! But free music + good music = time to have fun!

thanks for the full report Axver, I hope that the concerts are every and more for you guys. I completely forgot that they did not go there for the "behind" tour. have a great time!

Maybe they'll close the show with Original of the Species --> Windows in the Skies?

:hmm:

theu2fly said:
You know it's interesting, with the digital age, and YouTube, really, anything can be recorded and submitted within hours. We may not be able to be there in Brisbane, but we are getting a great window of opportunity to see this.

Thanks to all who recorded the rehearsals... looks like it will be a terrific show.

Its crazy how these setlist/rehearsels are under a microscope now.

To everyone down-under have a wonderful time at the shows. They already seem special!!!

I'll bet the ending will be Yahweh then Walk On. No reason to think they'd jump up like that.

I don't expect Original of the Species. I need they will be making room for some ATYCLB material instead

<goes to play KITE again :drool:

I'll bet Kite will take Miss Sarajevo's place in the set so they can keep Sometimes in its slot.

This is truly amazing and thanks to all who got soaked and stood in the hot sun this week. By the time we in the Eastern time zone get up tomorrow, U2 will have reopened the Vertigo Tour! Let's hope it all goes well and everyone stays well.

Lila64 said:
I don't expect Original of the Species. I need they will be making room for some ATYCLB material instead

<goes to play KITE again :drool:

Kite was amazing, but Original is one of HTDAAB's best songs and great live.

Surely it can fit in the 2nd encore like before.

Back
Top Bottom