Brisbane Rehearsal Setlist Watch & Party Part I

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
coolian2 said:
No I Still Haven't Found...i'm liking this.

Or do i speak too soon?

So far, so good....for you at least

Wake Up
City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Elevation
Until The End Of The World
New Years Day
Beautiful Day
Yahweh
Walk On

UPDATE

- 10 Minuten Pause (Regen) / 10 minutes break (rain)
Pride (instrumental)
Where The Streets Have No Name
One (instrumental)

yeah Wake up first - as usual.

not wake up dead man, but wake up from arcade fire (comes from tape. it´s their intro)

[email]hans@u2tour.de[/email] said:
yeah Wake up first - as usual.

not wake up dead man, but wake up from arcade fire (comes from tape as intro)

Thanks for the link :up:

I hope yo don't mind me posting away the setlist here? :)

one more post then I'm out (I swear)...

If I'm up til 3:00am tomorrow night, would I know about half the setlist by this time? Are they rehearsing at actual time, or just what suits them best today/tonight (Monday)

Hello to everyone at this party! :wave: (it looks like there is only about 3 people here but whatever)

I guess that the set-list parties won't be really active for this leg since the majority of Interferencers are in North America and everyone will be sleeping during the shows...

In any case it looks like they are making some changes in the set, it's nice. Looks a bit similar to Elevation Tour but that's normal I think, since this tour didn't make it to Australia last time.

Lila64 said:
one more post then I'm out (I swear)...

If I'm up til 3:00am tomorrow night, would I know about half the setlist by this time? Are they rehearsing at actual time, or just what suits them best today/tonight (Monday)

This time tommrow, the show Will have Just it will be 9:22pm, so the show will have either not long started, or not be far from starting.

Wake Up (Arcade Fire)
City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Elevation
New Year's Day
Beautiful Day
Yahweh
Walk On
Pride (instrumental)
Where The Streets Have No Name (instrumental)
One
- 10 Minuten Pause / 10 minutes break

UPDATE

Zoo Station
The Fly
With Or Without You

Ok I might be confused but where is LAPOE/SBS/BTBS? Wasn't it earlier in the set before? Could it be out of the set now? Or maybe they are not rehearsing it because they don't need to. Still, if this is a proper dress rehearsal it should be the same set they will do tomorrow.

Wake Up (Arcade Fire)
City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Elevation
New Year's Day
Beautiful Day
Yahweh
Walk On
Pride (instrumental)
Where The Streets Have No Name (instrumental)
One
- 10 Minuten Pause / 10 minutes break

Zoo Station
The Fly
With Or Without You

UPDATE!!

The Saints Are Coming
Angel Of Harlem
Kite

oceane said:
Ok I might be confused but where is LAPOE/SBS/BTBS? Wasn't it earlier in the set before? Could it be out of the set now? Or maybe they are not rehearsing it because they don't need to. Still, if this is a proper dress rehearsal it should be the same set they will do tomorrow.

Prehaps they cut it because of the rain delay?
They did rehearse or soundcheck LAPOE earlier this week, oh and welcome to the party :wave:

oceane said:

i´m sure it will be in :) a concert without BTBS ? :) no

i guess they aren´t rehearsing the complete setlist and skip the songs. yesterday they haven´t played the encore-block.

they just finished their rehearsals.

it´s raining pigs (cats and dogs:)) there (hope that´s the right expression)

Last edited:
Yeah the rain break possibility makes sense for the lack of the 'war segment'. I would also be extremely surprised if they would cut out that bit.

I don't know about playing Saints... I tend to think that playing a cover no one really cares about takes the spot of another U2 song most fans would prefer to hear... Just my 2 cents, it's a good cover and a current single but still...

SO. FUCKING. AWESOME.

Writing report now on U2VT.

Pauses were NOT ten minutes long. Rained a fair bit though. The War segment was cut due to the weather.

Axver said:
SO. FUCKING. AWESOME.

Writing report now on U2VT.

Pauses were NOT ten minutes long. Rained a fair bit though. The War segment was cut due to the weather.

YAY!!

So they ended the set with Kite? Interesting...

oceane said:

YAY!!

So they ended the set with Kite? Interesting...

I think they did that because of the rain - they tried to rush through the main set. After Walk On, it was raining heavily and lightning was flashing, so Bono said "straight to Pride". The rain eased by the end.

Do Stuck and Walk on full band versions sound pretty much like Elevation versions?

How is the new version of Kite?

I am so excited for all of the people going to the show tomorrow. Thanks for all of the updates, sounds like some interesting setlist changes.

It looks like the weather will be fine for the show, so that's great!!

U2girl said:
Do Stuck and Walk on full band versions sound pretty much like Elevation versions?

How is the new version of Kite?

Stuck wasn't played. Walk On is pretty much like Elevation versions. KITE IS FUCKING INCREDIBLE. Most beautiful version I've ever heard. I am in love with the new outro. Oh, and IT FEATURES DIDGERIDOO.

Full setlist:

Light rain falling ...

Wake Up by The Arcade Fire
"Everyone" intro
1. City Of Blinding Lights / Singing In The Rain (snippet)
2. Vertigo / She Loves You (snippet)
3. Singing In The Rain (snippet) / Elevation / Never Tear Us Apart (snippet)
4. Until The End Of The World
5. New Year's Day (Bono did not sing at all after Edge's solo)
6. Beautiful Day
7. Yahweh (earliest this song has ever been played in a set)
8. Walk On (full band, unlike the acoustic versions done last year)
The rain had become heavier over the course of the previous few songs and some lightning had been seen, so Bono announced "straight to Pride".
9. Pride (In The Name Of Love) (fully instrumental, second verse/second chorus cut)
Bono spoke some more, although we couldn't quite understand him. Edge played some teasers on guitar. We wondered if they were going to leave due to the rain, but then a famous organ sound washed over the stadium.
10. Where The Streets Have No Name (largely instrumental; Bono weakly sung the first verse)
11. Unknown singing / One / Rain (snippet)
12. As the band paused, Bono sung Rolf Harris's Two Little Boys
13. Zoo Station (complete with Zoo baby slots intro; first lyrics cut, began at "cool of the night")
14. The Fly
15. With Or Without You / Never Tear Us Apart (snippet) / Love Will Tear Us Apart (snippet)
16. The Saints Are Coming
17. Angel Of Harlem (Bono played harmonica at the end)
18. Kite
This was followed by Father Jack giving a blessing on the tour. He began with "Bono sang the saints are coming. I say the saints are already here", but we could not understand the rest.

I am currently in the process of expanding this article: http://www.u2-vertigo-tour.com/article322.html Keep an eye on it!

BONO SOUNDS FANTASTIC. FAN-BLOODY-TASTIC.

:hyper: I can't wait for Kite to leak, this version's been hyped up so much.

Angel of Harlem full band, Elevation style?

Oh yeah, and for those of you too lazy to go to the link I gave, Edge did some soundchecking earlier, as the sun set (before the few clouds gathered into a bloody storm!). He played just brief snippets and teasers of music, and the only one I recall recognising was The Electric Co. Another one, I completely recognised but I wasn't paying attention until he was done. I thought it may have been Gloria but now I feel that was wrong. I'm honestly not sure.

Argh - I am so jealous!!!! :madspit: If it wasn't for the fact I'm off to PearL jam tomorrow night - I would be there!!! Oh well friday is not that far away!!!

U2girl said:
:hyper: I can't wait for Kite to leak, this version's been hyped up so much.

Angel of Harlem full band, Elevation style?

Angel Of Harlem is full band, just how it should be done, and its outro is modified due to the harmonica element.

By the way, does anyone know this Father Jack's last name? Because whenever I read it, I can't help but think of Father Jack Hackett from the TV comedy Father Ted. "NUNS! DRINK!"

Back
Top Bottom